Status
Not open for further replies.

SSVAV

Lurker in space
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well the desing of the PSVITA and the CPP differ.

While the PSVITA is flat like the N3DS and has a backside touch pad, the CPP is designed to emulate a Dualshock-like controller with the grips and has two trigger buttons. Hence its size.

I am not defending it (it is true I can't take the CPP with me when I go out) but this points aren't mentioned in your post.

Reactions: 1 person

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
People complain about the 3DS being too small and giving them hand cramps.
People complain about the circle pad pro being too big (even though it is designed to be ergonomic and comfortable to hold).

GBAtemp never fails to amuse me.

Reactions: 7 people

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People complain about the 3DS being too small and giving them hand cramps.
People complain about the circle pad pro being too big (even though it is designed to be ergonomic and comfortable to hold).

GBAtemp never fails to amuse me.
There's a difference between being big and comfortable, and just WAY too big.Sadly, the CPP is just waay too bulky..

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Is the CPP comfortable to use? Yes it is, there is no denying that.

Is the CPP a ridiculously massive, cheap looking, poorly designed, ugly piece of plastic? Yes it is, there is no denying that.

Could the CPP act as a life raft if you were stranded at sea? Yes it could, there is no denying that.

This thread would be totally different if p1ngpong didn't make the thread.

The opening post would have been far less funny, there is no denying that.
gallery_123159_43_305.gif

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only person who prefers analogs to computer mice? I was introduced to FPSes on the PC with a mouse (Halo 1 for PC), and stayed that way for two years. When I finally got an XBox and Halo 2, I was amazed by just how much easier the dual analogs were for me to use...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only person who prefers analogs to computer mice? I was introduced to FPSes on the PC with a mouse (Halo 1 for PC), and stayed that way for two years. When I finally got an XBox and Halo 2, I was amazed by just how much easier the dual analogs were for me to use...

I more so enjoy the consoles around it and the accessibility, I wouldn't say it's better. With a controller and analogs you can sit back on a couch and a lot of things are streamlined to only a handful of buttons instead of needing to memorize a bunch of mapped keys. PCs offer more "buttons" and more precise aiming but most of the time you're hunched next to a computer screen and all that stuff.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
That's probably the reason I dislike it... it's not the mouse I dislike so much as using WASD to move, and other keys that I have to memorize.

How about this awesome compromise: A typical dual shock controller, where the right analog is replaced with a mini touchpad (the kind that Macs use)? :ha:

D

Deleted_171835

The only reason analog sticks seem easier to aim with is because developers throw in a lot of auto-aim in their console games. Without the auto-aim, you would understand how hard it is to aim properly with analog sticks. The mouse (and stylus) are pretty much the best way to aim in any game.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
The only reason analog sticks seem easier to aim with is because developers throw in a lot of auto-aim in their console games. Without the auto-aim, you would understand how hard it is to aim properly with analog sticks. The mouse (and stylus) are pretty much the best way to aim in any game.
Add wiimote aiming to that list.
And they all make aiming so much more accurate.
But are they the most comfortable? That varies from person to person.
It's mostly about people getting tired/cramped hands.
PC - carpal tunnel for some.
DS - people complaining about not finding a way to hold their system which can result in cramped hands.
Wii - Tired arms due to holding up the wiimote to point at the screen.
But as I said these problems greatly differ from person to person, personally I don't have any problems with any of the above mentioned control options.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
DS - people complaining about not finding a way to hold their system which can result in cramped hands.
I actually particularly like touchscreen aiming, and have some experience playing FPSes on smartphones (NOVA, Shadowgun). However, the problem I have with touchscreen aiming on the DS and 3DS is that their resistive screens, unlike the capacitive screen of a typical smartphone, require pressure to sense touch. This has created problems time and time again for me while trying to get into games like Metroid Prime: Hunters... I'm aiming with the touch screen, and all of a sudden the screen loses sense of my touch and i have to quickly reposition my thumb before i can start aiming again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over