Hardware Behold THE GLORY of the cpp

Status
Not open for further replies.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only person who prefers analogs to computer mice? I was introduced to FPSes on the PC with a mouse (Halo 1 for PC), and stayed that way for two years. When I finally got an XBox and Halo 2, I was amazed by just how much easier the dual analogs were for me to use...
The only reason analog sticks seem easier to aim with is because developers throw in a lot of auto-aim in their console games. Without the auto-aim, you would understand how hard it is to aim properly with analog sticks. The mouse (and stylus) are pretty much the best way to aim in any game.

Idk man, I enjoy games without aim assist sometimes. Borderlands has the option to disable aim assist, and I made use of it.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
DS - people complaining about not finding a way to hold their system which can result in cramped hands.
I actually particularly like touchscreen aiming, and have some experience playing FPSes on smartphones (NOVA, Shadowgun). However, the problem I have with touchscreen aiming on the DS and 3DS is that their resistive screens, unlike the capacitive screen of a typical smartphone, require pressure to sense touch. This has created problems time and time again for me while trying to get into games like Metroid Prime: Hunters... I'm aiming with the touch screen, and all of a sudden the screen loses sense of my touch and i have to quickly reposition my thumb before i can start aiming again.
Never experienced that before, but I get what you mean.
And frankly I never play DS FPS's that much either.
I will be using a thumb stylus for kid icarus, I'll see how that goes.

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
It's even worse when you look at the inside of the CPP.

s0Jvn.jpg

They could have made the device significantly more smaller.
Wow, just wow. That could'be been alot smaller.

I'm so glad I didn't but this shit.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering how few games use the CPP, and I've yet to hear of any that require the CPP, I really question what the big deal is. It would be like complaining about how unportable the stand that comes with Kid Icarus is. Of course its not very portable, its not meant to be used with every game, and in fact is meant to be utilized in an environment with a stationary object in front of you to set it on like a table. Likewise, I'd say the CPP is for the more hardcore gamer that wants the most accuracy, the fact that these games can still be played without the CPP just shows that the CPP does not hinder portability but allows extra options for the gamer that doesn't appreciate/like the virtual buttons the touch screen can provide and/or the gyroscopic camera control built into the 3DS.

Reactions: 5 people

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone against CPP, your argument is invalid.
How does this make our argument invalid? Idk about anyone else, but I think the stand is just as ridiculous and impractical as the CPP is.
Agreed. I don't see how when were complaining about the CPP that posting a picture of a stand thats just as impractical makes any of our arguments invalid.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some time ago I posted this in a "I don't understand why everyone hates the CCP" thread in response to the pro's of the CCP:

-It's optional.
This is how this is going to play out. The slider will not sell well while the users wait for some support. The list of games you may have seen w/ support will probably shrink as they drop support for the slider due to lack of sales of the thing. Sales of the slider will not improve due to lack of developer support. Developers will cease to support it at all due to lack of sales of the add on. Chicken. Egg. You now own a $20 3DS compatible gravy boat w/ no software for it...

It also gave you and every one in your neighborhood ebola.

Unless Nintendo launches a new 3DS right now w/ a second slider built in, dual analog sticks on the 3DS is already dead. All that releasing it has done is suggest that there is some sort of problem w/ the 3DS because it lacked it in the first place. It has already tarnished the 3DS irreparably.

- It increases the size of the 3DS to roughly a DSiXLs.
Guess why I don't own an XL.

- It provides more gameplay styles for the 3DS.
Like what? Let's see what can I think of that uses a second analog stick for something other than camera control... 3D shooters? I prefer the touch screen or a mouse. Battle Zone or Robotron style control schemes, yeah a port of Katamari Damacy or Smash TV would benefit from that I guess.

I will admit a 3DS version of Cyber Sled w/ wifi would freaking own though.

- It uses a single AAA battery, which will last for a long time, due to the basic nature of a control stick, and the already low power consumption of IR.
Anything that can hold an alkaline battery could have been designed w/ it's own lithium battery. Not including one was just a cost cutting tactic, and patently dumb.

- I don't personally find it ugly, but the 3DS isn't a fashion statement either. I play my 3DS for entertainment, not to pick up girls.
Nor do I use my 3DS to pick up girls or impress people. But I'd like something that doesn't turn all who gaze upon it's unholy visage to stone. I'm strange that way.

Now consider that in the US the CCP is a "GameStop Exclusive" (Tenchu DS, Settlers DS, how fucking awesome and successful were those titles?!?)... AM I RIGHT?!?! AM I?!

Oh, and the stand is completely retarded. I've got a Nyko Power Pack Plus adding weight to my 3DS and I have ZERO problem holding it in one hand and using the touch screen and slider or D-pad. The beta testers are clearly whining pussies who can't hold up anything in front of their face w/ one hand unless it's a fork... W/ pie on it.

Also, we should start mourning the loss of p1ngpong right now. Unless he is a member if the one out of twenty that don't have their guts turned to soup by Ebola club, he's a goner... The CCP has already given it to him and everyone in his neighborhood.

@[member='p1ngpong']: I'll miss you terribly, p1ng. The grief may cause me hardships that may wound me for the rest of my life. So, while you are experiencing the exciting effects of a thread virus that are pureeing all your organs, think of how I'm feeling and how much a new electronic gadget might ease my pain. You have lots of them, and when your inevitable liquified end comes, it would provide me great solace to have expensive electronic toys to remember you by and to console myself w/.

Judas18

Queen Kunty
Trophies
XP
Country
I kinda like the bulkiness it gives my 3DS. I have big hands so when I hold my 3DS without it, after a while my fingers and my thumbs hurt like a bitch and need serious cracking. With the CPP on I don't really get any pain.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Anyone against CPP, your argument is invalid.
How does this make our argument invalid? Idk about anyone else, but I think the stand is just as ridiculous and impractical as the CPP is.
Agreed. I don't see how when were complaining about the CPP that posting a picture of a stand thats just as impractical makes any of our arguments invalid.
At least that holy altar is FREE with KI: Uprising.

You need to pay $20 for that god-like brick.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...