Hardware Behold THE GLORY of the cpp

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted_171835

I'm sorry but is it fucking fastism month or something? WIZ HAD A FUCKING OPINION.He likes the CPP, you don't. Get the fuck over it. Its not like its REQUIRED for any of these games! Just like that stand. I always have trouble recording while holding my 3DS with another cammera. That stand might actually HELP. I draw on mine also but the flat always makes it hard to sketch it out right. THE FUCKING STAND HELPS. I'm left-handed and I want to use a slider to move in KI. THE FUCKING CPP HELPS. Not everything is about you what? 5 people? Other people have other needs, in fact this WHOLE topic was flamebait to begin with!
When you start stating an opinion as fact, you have to expect people to get mad at you.

Oh and look up the meaning of 'fascism'. You might learn a thing or two. ;)

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry but is it fucking fastism month or something? WIZ HAD A FUCKING OPINION.He likes the CPP, you don't. Get the fuck over it. Its not like its REQUIRED for any of these games! Just like that stand. I always have trouble recording while holding my 3DS with another cammera. That stand might actually HELP. I draw on mine also but the flat always makes it hard to sketch it out right. THE FUCKING STAND HELPS. I'm left-handed and I want to use a slider to move in KI. THE FUCKING CPP HELPS. Not everything is about you what? 5 people? Other people have other needs, in fact this WHOLE topic was flamebait to begin with!
When you start stating an opinion as fact, you have to expect people to get mad at you.

Oh and look up the meaning of 'fascism'. You might learn a thing or two. ;)
Where did he state it as a fact? (No seriosly I read though and didn't see him state it like that.) And I was dramatizing when I said fascist (though I did accidentally misspell :P)

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
*Picks up circle pad pro, smashes it into his own face*

Since the day this was announced it has divided people. Some people like it, and- guess what- some people don't. I didn't use the 'temp for almost 3 months because I kept seeing threads about how Nintendo failed us all by appeasing Capcom. "When Vita comes out" thought I, "People will see that it is equally- yet differently- flawed, shut up and get on with enjoying these things".

I forgot that the internet is a wall of opposing opinions. Silly me

Reactions: 2 people

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9S7Bi.jpg
I need to get my hands on a 32x just to complete my MegaDrive monstrosity :lol:

Please shut up Foxi. JUST SHUT YOUR MOUTH!
Honestly anyone bashing the 32X is just a SEGA hater, which is sadly the trend of GBAtemp these days. :(
Wow, way to overreact. I'm not "bashing" the 32X as a device, I'm saying that it's huge, it looks nasty and would probably be better off as a separate console entirely.
he is just joking... even my grandma knows that the 32x suck ballz :lol:

sadly... my grandma never gave me one for christmas :sad: ......................... now she is dead :evil:

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not DESIGNED to be portable. It's not DESIGNED to make you look cool.
It's an accessory for a portable - it should be portable by proxy.

Going back two pages from the most recent posts because I don't live on this website:

This is honestly a crap argument. "X should be Y because X is related to Z and Z has Y quality." iPod/iPhone docks are made for portable devices yet aren't typically very portable. Can't stick them in your pockets.

And by that general logic, Microsoft Windows should run stable because my computer has high performance parts and runs stable. lolno. But my computer does something, so by proxy, something related to it should have the same quality, right?

I'm gonna throw it out that since the announcement of this, I've never been particularly fond of the idea. Yes, it does reduce portability. Yes, it's fucking huge. Bigger than the Sega GameGear, iirc, lol. However, so far no games require it. Meaning, if you don't like the removal of the 3DS' portability factor because of this, don't take the CPP with you. You'll have to adjust to not using it, but you'll manage. That or just suck it up. Me, if it wasn't virtually a guarantee that Nyko or some other company will come around and make a better one with a built in battery extension, I'd pick one up just for the hell of it. It is a major accessory that albeit isn't hugely used yet, adds a lot of functionality for games that use it, and possibly a better, more comfortable grip for those of us grown men/women that have large hands.

And on the topic of needing to bring it with you - most of my 3DS gaming is done at home (was, as I never touch my 3DS anymore). This is due to the fact that if I am not at home, I am either driving to school or work, and in both of those places I would carry the system with me in my pocket to pick up streetpass tags. In this, CPP isn't required. In either environment, I would seldom have a chance to game, let alone serious gaming that would justify the use of the CPP. And if I go to a friend's house, well, I am driving there, so I would just throw the thing on the passenger seat of my car and call it a day.

I see two problems people have with the CPP.
1) It's unnecessarily huge.
-I agree with that, it could be a lot smaller. It could run on a button cell battery. It could run off of a theoretical expansion port that was never built into the system and get its power that way. If it's that big a deal, hold off till a 3rd party comes out with their own version. It happens for pretty much every official accessory for every system out there. I don't see why this would be any different.

2) You can't fit it in your pocket.
-Some things aren't meant to be shoved in a pocket. Plain and simple. Laptops don't, tablets typically don't, large cameras don't (as is such with their accessories, too), music player docks don't, xbox 360 wireless controllers don't, external hard drive's usually don't. These are all things that are, by nature, portable, yet don't fit in a pocket. Yet we still bring them with us everywhere. If this problem is that big a deal to you, pick up a pair of Tripp pants like these. I swear you could comfortably fit a young child in the side pockets of these, and I have also fit my little brother's netbook in them on multiple occasions.

And before anyone screams "OMG FANBOIIIIII" at me: idgaf about what console brand is better than another. If a manufacturer puts out a console that I have a lot of interest in, I'll buy it regardless of whether it's Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, or whoever. If I have interest but not a ton, I'll buy it when it's cheaper down the road. I base how good a console/company is based on merit and personal interest. Not who has the best tv commercials.

Reactions: 2 people

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@[member='plasma dragon007']
I don't think that people are wishing for the impossible when they say that they would rather have all the functions the CPP provides stock on the console, not to mention the fact that the attachment is huge, but on the latter we seem to agree. My beef with it is its faulty design - it's bulky, it blocks the cartridge port, it isn't available in matching colors and so on and so forth. Your analogy to computers and Windows can be easily refuted simply by saying that a Windows computer with higher specs will in fact work better then a computer with lower specs - there needs to be a common denominator in every comparison. Regardless of the OS in question, a better computer works better then a more obsolete one when running the same OS and software. This is what I mean to say by using the phrase "by proxy". In the case of the 3DS, the common feature would be "portable gaming" and here the CPP has issues. As for the necessity of its presence in games, there is no doubt in my heart that the accessory will eventually see exclusives knocking on its door much like the Motion+, another non-mandatory add-on did, just to boost its sales. If not that then certainly games that simply won't be enjoyable without it. :)

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
People thought the poor battery life already made it less portable, so what's the problem? If it's not one thing, it's another, and people can't seem to understand that sometimes, you can't have everything.
Liked for the lols provided. :lol:

Was gonna make mention that I was in the process of editing it when you Liked it.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I liked the original better and I shall carry on liking it, lol.

And so you shall have.

People thought the poor battery life already made it less portable, so what's the problem?

If it's not one thing, it's another, and people can't seem to understand that sometimes, you can't have everything.

edit

Edited just for Foxi4. :)

Reactions: 1 person

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Can be thread be closed? So many people have already talked about the CPP since it was revealed. This thread is just a waste of time.

It's true that some people hate, some are neutral, some like. And I fully agree that Nintendo could have incorporated the 2nd slider (maybe even the 2nd shoulder) into the original design. However after months of its release and all hail criticisms immediately after that, this kind of thread still exists?

I'm not hating/loving/fanboy whatever, but if you still have some HUGE hate for this piece of mammoth (should I include the KI stand?) after MONTHS it was launched, might as well post it as a blog or keep it to yourself.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox