Hacking Been out of the modding scene for 5 years. What's changed?

spinner09

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a soft-modded 1st generation Wii. Before, I used to load scrubbed images onto an USB flash memory stick using WBFS Manager, and launch them with neogamma in the Homebrew Channel.
What's changed in the past 5 years? Is this method still used, or is it obsolete? What's the best method to use now? I think I should install some custom firmware to make things easier.

Also, what's the best way to install and run emulated N64/SNES/NES games? Thanks.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
5 years ehh.... best thing to do there is update your Wii to 4.3 officially, then follow one of the tutorials on here, basically start again.. If you managed it the first time it shouldn't be too much trouble a second. Yeah Neogamma is archaic! Usbloadergx and/or Wiiflow are in my opinion the best way to go now.

Emulators for NES/SNES/N64? You're sorted pretty well on the Wii there, but I'd say get it softmodded again first and make sure you're happily running from one of the loaders. Trying to do everything at once will just confuse you - it's all rather simple, but baby steps and all that! A quick look in the backup loaders section should find you the wiiflow masterpiece pack though, and that has the emulators you want packaged in, so AFTER the softmod that may be an option, or if you want to play them via Virtual Console instead I'd recommend usbloadergx (though you can do that in Wiiflow too)

spinner09

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A quick look in the backup loaders section should find you the wiiflow masterpiece pack though, and that has the emulators you want packaged in, so AFTER the softmod that may be an option, or if you want to play them via Virtual Console instead I'd recommend usbloadergx (though you can do that in Wiiflow too)

Thanks for the help, mightymuffy!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up