OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Plasma_Panda said:
Yeah, it works. Was able to fit fifty songs on it.

Alright, cool.
By the way... Can anyone help me out with something?
I need to get a slot 2 card so I can extract my save file and provide you all with my Wi-Fi songs, but I don't know which to get >_>
So, what's the best slot 2 card (DS Phat size)?

A

auroreon

Still can't get BDX files to work with my M3 Real. I'm almost completely sure its down to the 16MB save file that the M3 creates, everyone else I know who has an M3 has exactly the same problem, so if you do make a compatibility list you can file the M3 under incompatible. =(
Someone did port the Wood firmware to M3 though, so I tried that as I've been told it works with JWTB. It did create the correct save file size (32MB) but unfortunately the game won't load (I just get 2 black screens when I attempt to load JWTB...). It also auto-created a .sav.fix file for JWTB along with the save, so I'm wondering if that is what is causing problems.
So just encase anyone here has any idea why the Wood 1.15 firmware isn't loading JWTB for me, I'd be very grateful if you would let me know.
I'll try posting on the M3 forums and hope they take notice... although I'm very doubtful seeing as the M3 team hasn't released an update in a while and a lot of people are pronouncing the M3 dead.

Rubedo, I only just noticed that you are FFandMMfan on the Gamefaqs board for this game, thanks for the awesome guide you wrote for BBDX and again for your continuing work on this game!

As for a Slot-2 flashcart... I used to use an M3 Perfect and that always worked well for me. I've heard that the EZ-Flash IV is good.

EDIT: Made a bit of progress! The game is now freezing when the Nintendo logo shows on the top screen.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
auroreon said:
Still can't get BDX files to work with my M3 Real. I'm almost completely sure its down to the 16MB save file that the M3 creates, everyone else I know who has an M3 has exactly the same problem, so if you do make a compatibility list you can file the M3 under incompatible. =(
Someone did port the Wood firmware to M3 though, so I tried that as I've been told it works with JWTB. It did create the correct save file size (32MB) but unfortunately the game won't load (I just get 2 black screens when I attempt to load JWTB...). It also auto-created a .sav.fix file for JWTB along with the save, so I'm wondering if that is what is causing problems.
So just encase anyone here has any idea why the Wood 1.15 firmware isn't loading JWTB for me, I'd be very grateful if you would let me know.
I'll try posting on the M3 forums and hope they take notice... although I'm very doubtful seeing as the M3 team hasn't released an update in a while and a lot of people are pronouncing the M3 dead.

Rubedo, I only just noticed that you are FFandMMfan on the Gamefaqs board for this game, thanks for the awesome guide you wrote for BBDX and again for your continuing work on this game!

As for a Slot-2 flashcart... I used to use an M3 Perfect and that always worked well for me. I've heard that the EZ-Flash IV is good.

EDIT: Made a bit of progress! The game is now freezing when the Nintendo logo shows on the top screen.

Hm, I'm not sure why it doesn't work... Maybe ask in GBA Temp's M3 forum?
And yes, I'm FFandMMfan XD
And hm... Does that support Wood or those other popular firmwares?

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
Rubedo said:
*cut*
I need to get a slot 2 card so I can extract my save file and provide you all with my Wi-Fi songs, but I don't know which to get >_>
I think everyone just recommends one they have themselfs. I have EZflash 3-in-1 and it works like it should.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mario92 said:
Rubedo said:
*cut*
I think everyone just recommends one they have themselfs. I have EZflash 3-in-1 and it works like it should.

Do you know if it would be possible for me to backup my Daigasso! Band Brothers DX (J) save with that? My actual retail cart, that is.

Edit:
Also, I had found this in the DBBDX topic, though it mentions the Slot-2 Save Backup Tool and not the EZ Flash backup tool so... I don't know if it would work... But anyway...
You can retrieve/save the fully 8MB save from/to "Daigasso! Band Brothers DX" cartridge by using any Slot2 Development Tools, such as EZ4, SuperCard, and M3 Perfect/Lite. You need to use "NDS Backup Tool Slot2 v031" tool for this purpose. You need to patch to the tool in order to allow it to access fully 8MB address range as follows;

NDS_Backup_Tool_Slot2.nds
00001264: 14 17
00001270: 01 02
00001271: 06 05
000016A0: 14 17
000016AC: 01 02
000016AD: 06 05
00001A54: 14 17
00001A5E: 02 A0
00001A5F: 02 03
00001B6C: 14 17
00001B78: 01 02
00001B79: C6 C5

I don't know how to hex edit either, but could anyone with both a DBBDX cart and an EZ Flash try that with the EZ Flash save backup tool?

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
open up NDS_Backup_Tool_Slot2.nds with a hex editor, like xvi32 and go to the following addresses.

00001264: 14 -> 17
00001270: 01 -> 02
00001271: 06 -> 05
000016A0: 14 -> 17
000016AC: 01 -> 02
000016AD: 06 -> 05
00001A54: 14 -> 17
00001A5E: 02 -> A0
00001A5F: 02 -> 03
00001B6C: 14 -> 17
00001B78: 01 -> 02
00001B79: C6 -> C5

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
basher11 said:
open up NDS_Backup_Tool_Slot2.nds with a hex editor, like xvi32 and go to the following addresses.

00001264: 14 -> 17
00001270: 01 -> 02
00001271: 06 -> 05
000016A0: 14 -> 17
000016AC: 01 -> 02
000016AD: 06 -> 05
00001A54: 14 -> 17
00001A5E: 02 -> A0
00001A5F: 02 -> 03
00001B6C: 14 -> 17
00001B78: 01 -> 02
00001B79: C6 -> C5

Like I said... I don't understand any of that >_>
And besides I can't test it myself because I don't have a slot 2 card or the EZ flash.

A

auroreon

Its very simple. I'm not at my computer now but if its any help I could provide you with a NDS_Backup_Tool_Slot2.nds with those changes, I can't test it for you though since I don't have an EZ Flash...
I would imagine that anyone with an EZ Flash would likely know how to edit the backup tool though.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
auroreon said:
Its very simple. I'm not at my computer now but if its any help I could provide you with a NDS_Backup_Tool_Slot2.nds with those changes, I can't test it for you though since I don't have an EZ Flash...
I would imagine that anyone with an EZ Flash would likely know how to edit the backup tool though.

Hm...
Well see, I would rather get the EZ Flash 3-in-1 so I don't have to buy another MicroSD, but it doesn't have the space to hold the 8MB save of DBBDX... So, how does the EZ Flash tool backup data?

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
Rubedo said:
auroreon said:

Hm...
Well see, I would rather get the EZ Flash 3-in-1 so I don't have to buy another MicroSD, but it doesn't have the space to hold the 8MB save of DBBDX... So, how does the EZ Flash tool backup data?
I have backed up some games with NDS_Backup_Tool_3in1.nds.
I remember reading it can get save file as parts but I'm not entirely sure becouse all my saves were 512kb
unsure.gif

Well if you can't dumb save file with it then at least you can get rumble when playing with drums on JWTB
yaynds.gif

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mario92 said:
Rubedo said:
auroreon said:

Hm...
I have backed up some games with NDS_Backup_Tool_3in1.nds.
I remember reading it can get save file as parts but I'm not entirely sure becouse all my saves were 512kb
unsure.gif

Well if you can't dumb save file with it then at least you can get rumble when playing with drums on JWTB
yaynds.gif

...I don't give a damn about rumble. I even have a rumble pack and never use it. The ONLY thing I need a slot 2 card for is to dump my DBBDX save.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've created a new Wiki to replace the old crappy Wiki.
Only admins (me) can edit it though for now, and most pages will stay that way, but later on I'll add a page where people can upload their own .bdx files and such.
I JUST made it so it's still under construction, but when I consider it done will be when I release BDX Mega Pack 2.0.

http://jwtb.wikia.com/wiki/Jam_With_the_Band_Wiki

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, I need you guys to tell me what flash carts you all have, what firmware you're running and whether or not it works so I can get a compatibility list going.

edandwhodaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
flashcart: r4
firmware: wood 1.18 for r4

the game works fine

and a side note
the password for 6369-6372 (touhou songs) on the japanese bdx website is "koiiro"

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
edandwhodaman said:

the game works fine

and a side note
the password for 6369-6372 (touhou songs) on the japanese bdx website is "koiiro"
BDX or JwTB? and is your save file setting set to auto? cause i tried and its not saving it boots though.

edandwhodaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
iPikachu said:
edandwhodaman said:

the game works fine

and a side note
BDX or JwTB? and is your save file setting set to auto? cause i tried and its not saving it boots though.

this is for bdx

i downloaded a sav file back when i had ysmenu because i was too lazy to put a bunch of songs in myself(the sav should be 8 mb)
now with wood i still have the same sav file but i added/deleted some songs using the degausser and it still works fine
im not sure what you mean by its not saving

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
edandwhodaman said:
iPikachu said:
edandwhodaman said:

the game works fine

and a side note

this is for bdx

i downloaded a sav file back when i had ysmenu because i was too lazy to put a bunch of songs in myself(the sav should be 8 mb)
now with wood i still have the same sav file but i added/deleted some songs using the degausser and it still works fine

We already know DBBDX works on every card =/
What we need to know is whether JWTB works on your card.
But thanks for the Touhou song passwords! I'll get working on that later.

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
edandwhodaman said:
iPikachu said:
edandwhodaman said:

the game works fine

and a side note

this is for bdx

could you upload your sav file?
when i reboot after the game autosaved after profile creation it just makes me create a profile again. o_o

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: There is black rice flour, and its really black colored