OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
It. Is. Fucken. Horrible.

Playing the game at 1680*1050 at medium settings without AA/SSAO just to be sure it's not my PC.

Playing multiplayer. Let's say I see an enemy running towards me. I try to take aim at/on him. Camera movement freezes on me; it's not an entire game freeze because I can still see the guy running towards me. I'm dead.

Singleplayer: second operation thingie, on the roof before taking out sniper. I try to to the edge of cover. Guess what? Input fuck up, a single tap brought me a foot further. I'm dead. RAAAAAGE. :angry:

Turning raw input off only makes things worse. :glare:

Such an awesome game and I'm not even able to play properly. :sad:
Beta was not without problems but I'd gladly play that if it means not having to put up with the input hell.

D

Deleted User

What CPU do you have, TRUST ME, Even if its powerfull, I just need to know.
Depending on what it is, I can help you.

Also, do you have the latest nvidia/ati drivers from the 24th?

marcus134

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
what's your computer specs?
The game is very demanding for current hardware, it does pretty much what crysis did a few years ago.

BF3 performance analysis:
http://www.tomshardw...mance,3063.html
You have to keep in mind that for the testing purpose, they took a sequence that could be consistently reproduced and that real in-game performance are a bit lower than what expressed in their analysis
tom's hardware said:
The video clip above demonstrates the short sequence used for benchmarking. It's not the most demanding segment of Battlefield 3 I've seen thus far, nor is it necessarily the most representative of single-player game play (and certainly not multi-player). However, after a couple of hundred runs, I know it's consistent.

@ brandon, the cpu is only part of the equation, however the gpu is the most influential piece of hardware in games and the one that is most probably causing a bottle-neck.

D

Deleted User

No, I need to know the CPU, Certain CPU's give studdering.

Anyways, Just answer me, I can pretty much help you with any computer problem.

For the most part, if you have a CPU that has Hyper threading, you need to turn it off, it causes studdering in Bf3 on PC.

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Athlon X2 @ 2,8 GHz. AMD Radeon 6950 2GB. 4GB DDR3. Other games run perfectly fine; yes that includes proper movement.
I'm not the only one with this problem and it seems like people on PS3/360 also have issues.

't Was just a rant in general.

Also, why would my specs matter if I could run the beta as smooth as silk? Anyway, I'll try 'n look at CPU activity during gameplay.

D

Deleted User

Do you have the latest ATI drivers?

Also, you really need a new CPU, dual cores dont cut it for DX 11 games.
It boggles me how you have a 250 dollar GPU with a 40 dollar cpu.

Recommended system requirements for Battlefield 3
  • Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yep. CPU usage is about 85% max in single player.

Edit 1: seems like some guys have fixed it by unplugging the 360 wireless connector dongle thingie, I'm gonna try that now.
Edit 2: did not improve anything.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Just a little observation I've had over the years. When a new game comes out that pushes the limits of computer technology (e.g. BF3, Crysis 1, Unreal Tournament 2004, UT1, etc), two things tends to happen if the computer isn't strong enough. If the GPU is weak, there'll be low framerates and maybe some artifacting so you'll have to push settings lower. If the CPU is weak, the actual game will run slower and there'll be noticeable to severe input lag (I remember playing BattleZone on a computer that wasn't strong enough... it took hours to complete the first mission - it was that slow).

For BF3, a game with intense dependancy on it's polygon generation, texture fill rates (both of which are GPU dependant) and physics (mostly CPU dependant) to achieve the "realistic" look and feel it's going for... maybe, just maybe, you should consider upgrading your CPU. I would say PhenomII X4 minimum, preferably Core i5-2400 or better (because Instruction Per Clock is important for this game, and AMD underperform in this regard by around 40%), or you may wish to wait a month for Bulldozer and Ivy Bridge to get released with a full string of reviews comparing them to get the best.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
amd phenom ii x4 1090T
radeon hd 6850
8gb ddr3 1066 ram

can i run?
Please try out Can You Run It and select BF3 from the list to answer that question. It would be faster than me typing out a long winded explanation (aka rant) as to whether or not your system can run any particular (and thus far unnamed but indirectly inferred) game.

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am actually thinking of upgrading my CPU, yes. I just need to find some money somewhere...
So I guess that's all for me. Thanks everyone!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.