battery issue =]

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Axly, May 30, 2011.

May 30, 2011

battery issue =] by Axly at 5:00 AM (1,088 Views / 0 Likes) 17 replies

1. Axly
    OP

Newcomer Axly Newbie

Israel
    Hello!

im having a difficult time to keep my ds alive without charging and i wonder what could be the problem

anyway, from some reason after charging for few hours my ds automatically shutdown after he suppose to reach his maximum lvl

so im asking if anyone else also has the problem because when im playing 3d games my battery led turn red after 2 hours!

in that state even if i want to charge it all night.. i just can't because he stop charging, is that the way its suppose to be? i saw a movie on youtube about some guy whos sayin its a problem with many DSL and he presents a fix with some electronic pen to bypass the problem

and one more question! is it possible to get battery which work better then the original? if it does please link me to it!

THX

2. InuYasha

Member InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

United States
    If your using a flashcart that tends to drain the battery more then a legit cart,brightness level matters alot so if your playing on full brightness that drains your battery a good amount,also the age of your battery can be a factor,playing alot of wifi will do it as well...as you can see theres many factors that contribute to sucking the power out of your battery...

3. Hydreigon

Member Hydreigon Isn't that DELICIOUS!?

Antarctica
    You may need to replace your battery. After ~500 recharges, the max. capacity of the battery will start to decline.

4. obaz

Newcomer obaz Member

United States
    I double all that was info ITT. the li-ion bat slowly dying from time, even if you do not using it. monstrous flashcard like supercard two need a lot of power to satisfy onbord processor. you should buy new original bat, or 2 fakes with charger - price will be the same. I own 1 old genue, 3-years old batt, and new fake one from ebay. and ak2i on top of it. standbay time around 4 hours.

5. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    In some reverse or random order: Yes, a better battery DOES exist, but it takes up a little extra room. The Nyko PowerPak Is essentually a double battery that also has a bit of a hand grip at the bottom. Link - http://www.google.com/search?q=nyko+power+...;hl=en&aq=f

That pen trick was to bypass the fuse that blows on the DS Lite when a bad flashcart is used, among other things. This is a, inadvisable, and b, not even applicable to the 3DS (as I am sure that fuse resides in a different place. But, this is not your issue as it DOES run, it just holds little charge. If that fuse was blown, the DS wouldn't power on OR charge AT ALL.)

Your battery may be toast, or you may be using a flash card that uses more battery (a-la Supercard DSTWO).

Edit - I am assuming you're talking about the 3DS because you said 3D games. If you DO mean old DS Lite or DS, then disregard the first half of everything I just said.

For the DS Lite, I have had success with an Intec battery, got it on Amazon. The fuse issue WOULD apply, but would be still irrelevant because you seem to be able to still play it but you just have very little play time, thus meaning your fuse is fine. Flashcards still don't drain the battery too heavily though, Using CATSFC on my Supercard DSTWO a LOT I never ran into issues with battery life on my DS Lite OR my 3DS. So if it is an older DS I would very much lean towards your bttery is old and worn out. Go treat it to a new one =)

6. obaz

Newcomer obaz Member

United States
    emm I try to say that genue batt last longer that fake one. around 1-2 hours longer for sure. but price usualy 2 times bigger. I`m not talking about any extended bat. it ruins portability IMHO.

7. Zekrom_cool

Member Zekrom_cool I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an edu

India
    Have you changed the battery before or is this the first battery?

8. Axly
    OP

Newcomer Axly Newbie

Israel
    never changed.. i got my NDSL 1 year ago.

I got Acekard 2i, the only thing i changed recently was my SD card

I had 2gbs and now i got 8gbs and the thing is

I got many games i want to finish but WOW.. its impossible if i have to charge it every 5 hours, and im not even play 5 hours straight! im gettin' to sleep mode from time to time but C'MON!

I find it extremely difficult to finish a 3d game like FF3 when my led turn red so fast :/

maybe i should stick to 2d instead.. *sad*

my point is.. im going to work and i get pretty much alot of free time(getting on train, bus this kind of stuff) so until i get back home my battery always runs out

9. InuYasha

United States
    What brightness setting are you using?

10. Axly
    OP

Newcomer Axly Newbie

Israel
    maximum? [​IMG]

does the brightness really effect that much?

11. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    lol reading. We ARE trying to help you.

12. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States

Yes. A LOT.

13. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    As you can see there's a massive difference between 'lowest' and 'highest' (BTW - this was tested on a DSLite & using a DSTwo flashcard - which had a 'slightly' worse battery life than the Ak2i)

14. doyama

Member doyama GBAtemp Maniac

United States
  15. Evo.lve

Member Evo.lve All that you could be.

Australia
    What the fuck?

16. InuYasha

United States

yes it does,I suggest you try lowering it down a level for alittle while and keep playing till your use to that setting and keep trying to go low as you can...

17. doyama

Member doyama GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    This is on a 3DS not on a DS Phat/Lite/DSi/XL. On the 3DS you're more or less looking at 3-4 hours.

18. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    So I assumed he was using a DSLite

He mentions that he plays 3D games - so I'm guessing he means games that have 3D graphics in them like 'Nintendogs' & not 2D games like 'Super Mario Bros'