Axly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hello!

im having a difficult time to keep my ds alive without charging and i wonder what could be the problem

anyway, from some reason after charging for few hours my ds automatically shutdown after he suppose to reach his maximum lvl

so im asking if anyone else also has the problem because when im playing 3d games my battery led turn red after 2 hours!

in that state even if i want to charge it all night.. i just can't because he stop charging, is that the way its suppose to be? i saw a movie on youtube about some guy whos sayin its a problem with many DSL and he presents a fix with some electronic pen to bypass the problem

and one more question! is it possible to get battery which work better then the original? if it does please link me to it!

THX

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If your using a flashcart that tends to drain the battery more then a legit cart,brightness level matters alot so if your playing on full brightness that drains your battery a good amount,also the age of your battery can be a factor,playing alot of wifi will do it as well...as you can see theres many factors that contribute to sucking the power out of your battery...

obaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I double all that was info ITT. the li-ion bat slowly dying from time, even if you do not using it. monstrous flashcard like supercard two need a lot of power to satisfy onbord processor. you should buy new original bat, or 2 fakes with charger - price will be the same. I own 1 old genue, 3-years old batt, and new fake one from ebay. and ak2i on top of it. standbay time around 4 hours.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Axly said:
Hello!

im having a difficult time to keep my ds alive without charging and i wonder what could be the problem

anyway, from some reason after charging for few hours my ds automatically shutdown after he suppose to reach his maximum lvl

so im asking if anyone else also has the problem because when im playing 3d games my battery led turn red after 2 hours!

in that state even if i want to charge it all night.. i just can't because he stop charging, is that the way its suppose to be? i saw a movie on youtube about some guy whos sayin its a problem with many DSL and he presents a fix with some electronic pen to bypass the problem

and one more question! is it possible to get battery which work better then the original? if it does please link me to it!

THX

In some reverse or random order: Yes, a better battery DOES exist, but it takes up a little extra room. The Nyko PowerPak Is essentually a double battery that also has a bit of a hand grip at the bottom. Link - http://www.google.com/search?q=nyko+power+...;hl=en&aq=f

That pen trick was to bypass the fuse that blows on the DS Lite when a bad flashcart is used, among other things. This is a, inadvisable, and b, not even applicable to the 3DS (as I am sure that fuse resides in a different place. But, this is not your issue as it DOES run, it just holds little charge. If that fuse was blown, the DS wouldn't power on OR charge AT ALL.)

Your battery may be toast, or you may be using a flash card that uses more battery (a-la Supercard DSTWO).

Edit - I am assuming you're talking about the 3DS because you said 3D games. If you DO mean old DS Lite or DS, then disregard the first half of everything I just said.

For the DS Lite, I have had success with an Intec battery, got it on Amazon. The fuse issue WOULD apply, but would be still irrelevant because you seem to be able to still play it but you just have very little play time, thus meaning your fuse is fine. Flashcards still don't drain the battery too heavily though, Using CATSFC on my Supercard DSTWO a LOT I never ran into issues with battery life on my DS Lite OR my 3DS. So if it is an older DS I would very much lean towards your bttery is old and worn out. Go treat it to a new one =)

obaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emm I try to say that genue batt last longer that fake one. around 1-2 hours longer for sure. but price usualy 2 times bigger. I`m not talking about any extended bat. it ruins portability IMHO.

Axly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
never changed.. i got my NDSL 1 year ago.

I got Acekard 2i, the only thing i changed recently was my SD card

I had 2gbs and now i got 8gbs and the thing is

I got many games i want to finish but WOW.. its impossible if i have to charge it every 5 hours, and im not even play 5 hours straight! im gettin' to sleep mode from time to time but C'MON!

I find it extremely difficult to finish a 3d game like FF3 when my led turn red so fast :/

maybe i should stick to 2d instead.. *sad*

my point is.. im going to work and i get pretty much alot of free time(getting on train, bus this kind of stuff) so until i get back home my battery always runs out

Axly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
maximum?
tongue.gif

does the brightness really effect that much?

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
InuYasha said:
If your using a flashcart that tends to drain the battery more then a legit cart,brightness level matters alot so if your playing on full brightness that drains your battery a good amount,also the age of your battery can be a factor,playing alot of wifi will do it as well...as you can see theres many factors that contribute to sucking the power out of your battery...

QUOTE(Axly @ May 30 2011, 03:47 PM) maximum?
tongue.gif

lol reading. We ARE trying to help you.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
plasma dragon007 said:
Axly said:
maximum?
tongue.gif
does the brightness really effect that much?Yes. A LOT.In fact I took a lot of time doing 'battery tests' here

These were the results I got for the brightness tests I did
The 'Level Nos.' shown match the same 'Levels' on the DSTwo's 'DS_Game' launcher ( 'Start' > 'Settings' > 'Brightness' )

• Screen brightness set to 'Level 1' (Lowest): 7hrs 30min
    Screen brightness set to 'Level 2' (Low-Mid) : 6hrs 00min
    Screen brightness set to 'Level 3' (High-Mid): 4hrs 30min
    Screen brightness set to 'Level 4' (Highest): 3hrs 35min
As you can see there's a massive difference between 'lowest' and 'highest' (BTW - this was tested on a DSLite & using a DSTwo flashcard - which had a 'slightly' worse battery life than the Ak2i)

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Axly said:
maximum?
tongue.gif

yes it does,I suggest you try lowering it down a level for alittle while and keep playing till your use to that setting and keep trying to go low as you can...

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
doyama said:
This is on a 3DS not on a DS Phat/Lite/DSi/XL. On the 3DS you're more or less looking at 3-4 hours.Are you sure about that ??

I was reading the OP posts & saw this
QUOTE(Axly @ May 30 2011, 03:48 PM) never changed.. I got my NDSL 1 year ago....I got Acekard 2i, the only thing I changed recently was my SD card...I had 2gbs and now i got 8gbs....
So I assumed he was using a DSLite

He mentions that he plays 3D games - so I'm guessing he means games that have 3D graphics in them like 'Nintendogs' & not 2D games like 'Super Mario Bros'

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission