Batman Arkham Knight - Gameplay Trailer Released

Discussion in 'PS4 - Games & Content' started by T-hug, May 21, 2014.

1. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

2. cebolleto

cebolleto GBAtemp Regular

Mar 5, 2010
    How is this gameplay? ¬¬U

hhs and roastable like this.
  3. roastable

roastable GBAtemp Regular

Apr 11, 2011
    Canada
    dat gaemplay
    dem grafics
    dat player input

4. Terenigma

Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

Nov 10, 2008
    Earth
    The only bit of "gameplay" that i managed to pick up from that was the batmobile driving what looked like a circular tunnel for half a second. Still think this game is going to be complete and utter crap, i see nothing here to change my mind. Excuse me now whilst i go play Batman arkham city again.

5. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    Could it be that the graphics are that good that the whole thing is gameplay?
    Afaik all of the Batmobile parts are in game.

jalaneme likes this.
  6. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    There's a whole bunch of 0.5 second gameplay flashes in there but that's not really enough to say anything about the game IMO.

7. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    ...Based on what, exactly?

8. Terenigma

Nov 10, 2008
    Earth
    The original trailer. Where it was very gun-friendly and showed people ducking and hiding behind things (COD style) and i think the graphical style looks worse, too dark and grainy. (yes i am taking into account the fact its batman and batman is known for being dark) Other things that make me worry is that with the huge focus on the batmobile in gameplay. They might take away the focus of free-falling and flying around like you could in the past games. Speculation obviously but the fact they have released a trailer with the batmobile primarily in the focus worries me even more than the original trailer.

9. Hyro-Sama

Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Oct 25, 2009
    After Earth
    Bane's Voice: "The boner rises"

10. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    [​IMG]

Surely you can't be serious.

Guns have been present in every single game in the series - of course they're going to be present here. How is "people hiding behind cover in a cutscene" in any way, shape, or form "COD style"? Do you think Batman's going to grab an M16 and start picking up killstreaks?

Except the style is exactly consistent with Arkham Asylum and City. It's kind of silly to say this is too dark and grainy but not complain about those two when they have the same style.

Highlighting a new feature /= The feature is all the game is centered around

11. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London

I came to that conclusion aswell, we are not fully used to next gen graphics yet so can't distinguish between cutscene and gameplay, i could see some parts of the vid that can look look like gameplay so who knows at this point.

T-hug likes this.
  12. Terenigma

Nov 10, 2008
    Earth
    You are right about your points and i wont argue them. No i dont think Batman will start using guns obviously but im looking at everything we know about the game and im just not seing anything to get excited about. Also i must stress that my original post was that i think it will be crap, i still do think it will be crap. Including the car will make alot of fanboys happy but i cant help but feel that it will bring nothing to the game and in fact i only see it as making things worse. Taking away alot of what made the past games so great by including generic roads that you simply drive along... just because you can. Car chases will most likely be included now and it might even turn into burnout style road rage and that doesnt sound fun to me.

On the flip side tho, what looks good in the trailer? I mean... maybe its just me but i dont see much. I see batman in a car driving on empty streets. Smashing into things with the car, firing rockets from the car and cutscenes that dont show anything other than shiny graphics. Am i supposed to be excited for this? Am i not watching a trailer for a twisted metal game that you can play as batman?

13. Ozito

Ozito Not a new member anymore

Mar 20, 2006
    Sweden
    Awwww shit! I'm hyped!
    :gun:

Oh and I believe that everything from the 1min mark and forward is done with the in-game engine.
    (My thoughts)

14. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    See, this is one of those videos you show to people who maintain that the current gen consoles are not a huge improvement over last gen ones. I bet the whole thing was done in-engine and looks *that* sweet.

15. AngryGeek416

AngryGeek416 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 17, 2012
    Argentina
    How many Batman games are they gonna pump out? Arkham Asylum was enough.

16. Skelletonike

Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Dec 26, 2008
    Steam City
    Eh, there's not going to be a PC version like the other games? o.O

17. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    still listed as coming out for PS4, XB1, and PC
    there is no wiiu version though

18. Skelletonike

Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Dec 26, 2008
    Steam City
    Hum... Must've missed it on that trailer, only saw PS4.

19. Mario92

Mario92 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 20, 2010
    Finland
    Finland
    Shame that they still seem to make the game with Unreal 3 even when they have decided to make it this-gen only. With PC that doesn't matter as Unreal only means that game works and has tons of configurations but engine isn't optimized for this gen consoles so it'll lack in some respect for sure.
    Also for other obvious reasons PC version will be the way to go.

That's Sony trailer so only PS4 is listed in video, just like with Watch_Dogs trailers where Sony seems to hype that game even when it's coming to every platform in existence.
    As for Wii U I guess it's same as last gen with Wii - Nintendo's hardware is much harder to understand and with much less horsepower. Wii U is like slightly more powerful version of 360/PS3.

Also hate that "pre-order now to get cut content from game you haven't seen any actual gameplay!" Arkham Origins already taught not to preorder stuff as they will fix game next two month and then it'll already be cheaper than preorder price.

20. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    From what I gathered the gameplay of Bat fighting bad dudes is still the same but now you can drive the Batmobile... yay? Yay.

Since the moment this game was announced I never got excited about it because it feels as though I've already played it twice and wish someone would get their hands on Batman.

Geez, I still remember that piss-poor TMNT Out of the Shadows that tried to replicate Batman Arkham's gameplay and it was horrible. Just stop trying to copy, devs, it's not that good.