Batman: Arkham City plays on Wii U strengths

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Batman: Arkham City is still in development for Wii U at Rocksteady Studios, but will be adapted "in order to play to the strengths of the console," the developer's Dax Ginn has told NowGamer.

"I think we’re definitely in a sweet spot with current platforms in that we’re getting the best out of them. If nothing changed for another ten years, I’m sure we’d be perfectly happy, because we really are getting great results," Ginn said in an interview. "But I think it will happen, change is inevitable. I mean, the Wii U is very exciting, and we’re currently developing Batman: Arkham City for that."

With Nintendo's next console offering enough power to rival the PS3 and Xbox 360, as well as innovative use of multi-screen and touch-screen gaming, Batman: Arkham City could look quite different when it eventually reaches the Wii U.

"The design of the console is really trying to do a lot of different things. I think the things that it’s trying to do, it’s going to be very good at. But it’s not one-to-one comparable to the things we’ve done with this game, said Ginn.

"So without a doubt, we’re going to have to think about what that means, how the game is going to have to adapt in order to play to the strengths of the console."

Rocksteady is full of Nintendo fans, and the studio is excited by the Wii U Ginn added.
icon11.gif
Source

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Still isn't enough to convince to purchase a Wii U at launch. Will have to wait a year or so. Give Nintendo some time to release new useless add-ons.

Definitely playing this game on PS3 though. Going to be amazing.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh.

I'm gonna try my best to get a Wii-U as close to launch as I can because I know that there are gonna be some really good games for it a few months after, but I probably won't be touching this.

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Personally I'm really looking forward to this title, however I really feel the timeframe is off for Wii U. Unlike games that offer a solid online experience (dragon quest comes to mind) or like Ninja Gaiden 3 where the timeframe would be a couple of months at most between systems to make it acceptable, this game appears 6 months later or more.

I think this is either a waste of effort by Rocksteady or a smart move. Because it will either fail to sell because of the saturation on other systems or will sell pretty good because everyone even forgot this game existed.

I don't know what to think, but in any case I will not get this game. I'll be playing it on my PC.

We'll see how this turns out.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
not every batman fan owns a 360 or ps3...

so its a good move either way. i wouldnt mind if wiiu games are already on other consoles, when im not owning these

Lube_Skyballer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
You guys are missing the big picture. It is simply great to hear that Nintendo finally fixing their third-party and multiplat support on the WiiU
This gen you had to buy a Wii to play Zelda and a Xbox 360/PS3 for let's say Call Of Duty. A Wii is nice for some excellent first-party Nintendo games but (let's be honest) you're missing out on great AAA multiplatform titles like Battlefield 3, Batman AC, Skyrim and so on. If Nintendo keeps up the third party suppport they'll finally get a wide range of games on their new console. You'll be playing Skyrim and a Mario game on the same platform, how awesome would that be?
With real third party support the "hardcore/FPS" players can get their dose of hardcore games too on the WiiU.

Nintendo only has to get rid of the "kiddy" image and replace it with a "it's cool for everyone and it can be hardcore". It's a task that's nearly impossible to accomplish, but I really hope for Nintendo they'll succeed.

Erdnaxela

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm going to buy the Wii U at launch just like the 3DS even if "IT HAS NO GAMEZ", because of nintendo game. I already done this multiple time since my snes and I never regretted this.
As a nintendo fan, I'm not interested in that type of game like batman, and I don't think people will wait 6 month to play it either, so it's not going to sell well on Wii U and it'll be like the Wii all over again.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's already been said, but really, the Wii U would have to add a whole lot more to make this a worthwhile incentive. I can't really see that happening.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

so its a good move either way. i wouldnt mind if wiiu games are already on other consoles, when im not owning these

Then buy one. It's probably cheaper than the WiiU and you get Arkham Asylum on the same console. Considering Arkham City is for people who enjoyed Arkham Asylum most likely, odds are you'd own a console with Arkham Asylum on it so you can play Arkham City.

Why anyone would wait around 6 months or so for a game out now on a console that'll probably cost less than the one coming out in 6 months boggles my mind.

EDIT: Depending on who bites for the WiiU, audience wise, games that are released while the system is out should do relatively fine, if the system sells. Otherwise, porting a game that's like half a year old for it seems like an incredibly retarded move.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

my Batman game will be the wiiu one i say lest wait for that one no need to get a 360 or ps3 wehn you could beg getting a better console and next gen like the wiiu

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

my Batman game will be the wiiu one i say lest wait for that one no need to get a 360 or ps3 wehn you could beg getting a better console and next gen like the wiiu

But you'll be missing the entire plot and game of Arkham Asylum, which is pretty good. Only solution could be if they included it as a bonus on Arkham City for the WiiU. Even then, you're still gonna be paying $60 for a game that came out half a year ago, and odds are Arkham City will be cheaper by then on the Xbox 360/PS3.

But hey, you're Valwin, so talking common logic to you is like shouting at a brick wall.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country

Then buy one. It's probably cheaper than the WiiU and you get Arkham Asylum on the same console. Considering Arkham City is for people who enjoyed Arkham Asylum most likely, odds are you'd own a console with Arkham Asylum on it so you can play Arkham City.

Why anyone would wait around 6 months or so for a game out now on a console that'll probably cost less than the one coming out in 6 months boggles my mind.

EDIT: Depending on who bites for the WiiU, audience wise, games that are released while the system is out should do relatively fine, if the system sells. Otherwise, porting a game that's like half a year old for it seems like an incredibly retarded move.
Only really applies to impatient people.
Not everyone gets games at launch anyway.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So wait until the WiiU roles around, then you can buy a Xbox 360 or PS3 for cheaper than the WiiU (odds are), buy the game for cheaper than the WiiU version, and you can buy Arkham Asylum if you want it (it'll probably be cheaper as well).

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country

So wait until the WiiU roles around, then you can buy a Xbox 360 or PS3 for cheaper than the WiiU (odds are), buy the game for cheaper than the WiiU version, and you can buy Arkham Asylum if you want it (it'll probably be cheaper as well).
Guess that doesn't apply to the Wii though eh?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Then it's your fault for buying a Wii and sticking to it without investing in the wonderful world of HD gaming until Nintendo produced a HD console. The only reason to not buy a Xbox 360, PS3, or a good PC is if you don't have one or you can't afford one. If you're just trying to stick to the Wii because you're a "fanboy" and "only wants Nintendo consoles" then you are an utterly shit gamer.

EDIT: For the record, the Wii was the first "current gen" console I bought. Then I realized that I could buy a Xbox 360 and get all these wonderful games I was missing out on. Now I can safely say the Wii doesn't hold a match to it, after thorough experience in both consoles.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

But you'll be missing the entire plot and game of Arkham Asylum, which is pretty good. Only solution could be if they included it as a bonus on Arkham City for the WiiU. Even then, you're still gonna be paying $60 for a game that came out half a year ago, and odds are Arkham City will be cheaper by then on the Xbox 360/PS3.

But hey, you're Valwin, so talking common logic to you is like shouting at a brick wall.

i wont miss it il jsut wait till the wiiu also i am killing 2 birds with 1 bullet il get a new console and a nice game i dont want to buy a current gen console them a wiiu

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country

Then it's your fault for buying a Wii and sticking to it without investing in the wonderful world of HD gaming until Nintendo produced a HD console. The only reason to not buy a Xbox 360, PS3, or a good PC is if you don't have one or you can't afford one. If you're just trying to stick to the Wii because you're a "fanboy" and "only wants Nintendo consoles" then you are an utterly shit gamer.

EDIT: For the record, the Wii was the first "current gen" console I bought. Then I realized that I could buy a Xbox 360 and get all these wonderful games I was missing out on. Now I can safely say the Wii doesn't hold a match to it, after thorough experience in both consoles.
Nintendo Wii has no HD?
"Graphics whores" just originated from Nintendo producing an underpowered system and so the people who bought the underpowered system and tried to play a game of fisticuffs with the big, powerful, feature filled competitors can make themselves feel better.
:creep:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1