ROM Hack Baten Kaitos HD Remaster - Dub Restore Effort

EvilBakura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry, I should have been more clear: The regions don't matter, but the game version number (1.0.0/1.0.1/1.0.2/1.0.3) does.
So for example, a patch created with JP version 1.0.1 will be fully compatible with the US/EU version 1.0.1 and vice versa. But a patch created with JP version 1.0.1 will not be fully compatible with any other version number, whether it's the JP version or not.

And by the way, thanks for your posts! I know some people have trouble with my patcher, so I appreciate it.
Oh i see!

Well no biggie, and no problem for the uploads, i know the struggle, ages ago when i started messing around with tutorials, patches, hacking consoles etc i was using Windows XP and i had so many compatibility issues :rofl2:

reirahul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much Helsionium for all your work! You made this remaster really worth it! :D

This time, because i saw the " For full compatibility, you will have to play with the same version that was used to create the patch. If you don't, you might encounter buggy text, especially in battle - I can't prevent that ", i managed to get the european/american version too, together with my japanese one, and patched them both individually instead of renaming folders like before

I chose to use the Japanese Gamecube version of Chaotic Dance 2 because it is the uncensored one, containing the lyrics " praise the lord, etc"

So, for anyone wanting to use em right away, here they are:

If you are using the european / american version 0100C07018CA6002:
download this, extract and copy the atmosphere folder to your SD card
( say yes if it asks to overwrite files ) :

If you are using the japanese version 0100F28018CA4002:
download this, extract and copy the atmosphere folder to your SD card
( say yes if it asks to overwrite files ) :

Notice that these 2 uploads are ONLY for Baten Kaitos Origins patch v1.0, if you are looking for Baten Kaitos 1 files search my previous post in this thread
This for game ver 1.0.0 right? so If I am using 1.0.3 which is the latest update .. your uploaded files and your previous Baten Kaitos 1 files won't be compatible with it?

EvilBakura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This for game ver 1.0.0 right? so If I am using 1.0.3 which is the latest update .. your uploaded files and your previous Baten Kaitos 1 files won't be compatible with it?
Yes they are 1.0.0
But it should work anyway, minus the buggy text you might encounter

Later i plan to make a new upload with patched files created with 1.0.3, i just need to see how i can extract the update too from my switch cuz last time it did not work properly
Post automatically merged:

Ok i managed to do it :D

To avoid confusion i deleted all my old uploads in this thread

Here is the new download link with both games included:

Extract and put the atmosphere folder inside your SD card, say yes if it asks to overwrite files

These files were extracted from the 1.0.3 version of the game

I have the Japanese version, so if you are using the European / American version rename the folders:

0100F28018CA4001 to 0100C07018CA6001 for Baten Kaitos Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean

0100F28018CA4002 to 0100C07018CA6002 for Baten Kaitos Origins

Last edited by EvilBakura,

majorfussy

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
New user here, first of all, can I say a massive thankyou for this. I've wanted to play this remake so much, but because the English voices were not included I decided not to buy the game - its a massive cop out from whoever made the remaster and I am ashamed of them, and anyone who wanted to "update" the original dialogue for political reasons. Its unacceptable.

The game is beautiful, and the patch worked well for me on the second try. There were a few scenes that the audio clip was the previous text audio clip, and looped strangely - the almarde scene I remember did this, that wasn't great, but I would take that any day over the complete removal of English voice actors.

I patched with the version number that you said, the base game one, but then I updated the game to the latest which I think was not a 1.0.3 if that's out now... I wonder if this is the reason that it messed up those scenes?

Either way, many thanks for your hard work on this, you're a godsend.

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
There were a few scenes that the audio clip was the previous text audio clip, and looped strangely - the almarde scene I remember did this, that wasn't great, but I would take that any day over the complete removal of English voice actors.
Which Almarde scene in which of the two games?
I didn't update my BK1 patch to support game version 1.0.3, so that might be an issue even though I believe it shouldn't be.

v00dr00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
java.io.IOException: Map failed
at sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl.map(Unknown Source)
at bkhd.d.b(Unknown Source)
at bkhd.Main.main(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Map failed
at sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl.map0(Native Method)
... 3 more

Any reason as to why I would be getting this terminal error when running the patcher on BK1?

majorfussy

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Which Almarde scene in which of the two games?
I didn't update my BK1 patch to support game version 1.0.3, so that might be an issue even though I believe it shouldn't be.

To clarify, I dont think I have updated to 1.0.3, I think im playing on 1.0.1 ? but I used the patch to generate the files on the base game as per instructions.

The almarde scene in question was in BK1 Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean, I never played the second one. In Lyudes house in mintaka. There was another scene too, I think it might have been in the trail of souls, but I cant remember... I should have taken note.

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
Any reason as to why I would be getting this terminal error when running the patcher on BK1?
Either not enough free memory (RAM) or - more likely - a Java problem. Make sure you are using a 64-bit version and update to the most recent version if you're using an older version. I'm sorry I can't be of more help.
To clarify, I dont think I have updated to 1.0.3, I think im playing on 1.0.1 ? but I used the patch to generate the files on the base game as per instructions.
You sure you're using version 1.0 of the dub patch? The error you describe was in version 0.9beta, but should have been fixed with version 1.0 of the dub patch.

SectionX

Trophies
XP
Country
I am getting this error at the end...

Attachments

• fel.png
    fel.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 17

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
I am getting this error at the end...
What region (title ID) and game version (number) did you dump? If it's v1.0.3, it won't work because that version is newer than the patch. Dump v1.0.0 instead - uninstall the patch before dumping. The Baten Kaitos 1 patch should still work with v1.0.3 even if you used a dump of v1.0.0. Only Baten Kaitos Origins requires the same version number.

SectionX

Trophies
XP
Country
What region (title ID) and game version (number) did you dump? If it's v1.0.3, it won't work because that version is newer than the patch. Dump v1.0.0 instead - uninstall the patch before dumping. The Baten Kaitos 1 patch should still work with v1.0.3 even if you used a dump of v1.0.0. Only Baten Kaitos Origins requires the same version number.
I use japan (4001)

Okay i uninatalled the patch but same problem. I guess i need to dump it again unpatched?

SectionX

Trophies
XP
Country
Strange, maybe it's necessary to close and restart yuzu after uninstalling the update, or delete the old dump before dumping again.
But you can also just download the patched files provided by @Lightmanone in this post.
okay i managed to dump it succesfull this time. i copied the romsf folder into the mod folder, but I still get JPN voice language. what could be wrong? I am using mods for etc zelda no problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Cuz I joined this site to follow ds game translations