dysan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
I'm trying to play baten kaitos 2 on my softmodded 4.2E PAL wii but with gecko 1.9.3 it freezes with that screeching noise we all hate at random points thoughout the game.
now,I've read that you need to do something to the game iso before burning it to a DVD(http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Gamecube_Backup_Launcher_Compatibility_List) but obviously I've already burned it by now...still haven't tried neogamma yet but is there any chance that it'll play without freezing without the stuff you have to do to the iso?

if I have to absolutely do,then how can it be done?
unsure.gif

quick answer is apreciated!
yaywii.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tried a lot to find the cause for these random freezes, but without luck. All i know is that if the reads are slowed down, the freezes become more frequent. The stuff you need to do the .iso makes it read faster, aligned files can be read faster by the backup plugin(2KB alignment would be as fast though), and if the .iso is bigger, then the data is more to the outside of the disc. I think making the 1st disc a 3GB .iso is not necessary, but if the .iso is just 1.x GB, there has to be some 1.x GB game before it on disc.

dysan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
sooo...you have to make it write the data to places where it's easier to read?
wtf...this is the 1st time I've heard of it.

so I absolutely MUST do that in order for it to work?
no alternative?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tried to debug that error and i couldn't find anything. All of the sudden when the freeze occurs the game tries to read crap, either from the wrong offset or with size 0. I know that's it's crap because from a good run i know what it's supposed to load.

Making the reads faster gets the game to work, but i don't know why.

You can try NeoGamma with its internal GC loader, it has 1-2 tiny speed improvements over WiiGator's loader. But i doubt it's enough to get rid of the freezes, maybe it reduces them. Oh and turn off the reloader if you try that, it slows the loading a tiny bit. (fstfixed .iso + reloader works fine though)

dysan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
riiight....so what do I need to do to get it to work?
I already downloaded a fstfix.exe thingy from a previous thread so what exactly should I do?

hmm...seems the fstfix worked...I'm now burning it to a DVD...will report back if it works or not.

dysan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
well I finally tried it today and after about 5 minutes it came up with

"the disk could not read"

no annoying sound or anything just....that message

is there anything else i can do? maybe get a newer version?

I'm using neogamma R8

GaBa

Trophies
XP
Country
Works using fstfix with all patches (t s g : align 32k, streamfix AND 3Gigasize iso). Works with both discs on the same multi game disc if the 1st disc is patched with "t s g" and the 2nd with "t s f". If not patched the game randomly freezes with a screeching noise.

no problems here
neogamma last beta

dysan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
hmm...I think I've found the problem...

I was using neogama R8 but they say it works only in neogamma R9
gonna try it again with latest version.

does it absolutely HAVE to be in the same multi game disk?
I've already copied the 1st iso only to one DVD

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
dysan said:
hmm...I think I've found the problem...

I was using neogama R8 but they say it works only in neogamma R9
gonna try it again with latest version.

does it absolutely HAVE to be in the same multi game disk?
I've already copied the 1st iso only to one DVD

NeoGamma R8 should be fine, but R9 works more stable, especially if you installed the correct cMIOS. A read error inside the game is a new issue. My first thoughts would be that either fstfix messed up the .iso or your have a bad burn.

And it does not have to be on the same multi game disc, it's just nice to have both game discs on the same disc. If you have both game discs seperately, then the 2nd disc needs to be a 3 GB .iso too of course. And having 2 discs should also work for the disc swapping after disc 1.(i know it works for both discs on the same disc)

dysan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
just tried again with neogamma R9 and it still didn't work...
didn't even boot up this time....just froze on a black screen after selecting to start the game

maybe I'm using wrong CIOS or MIOS or whateverios?

come on guys...I really wanna play this
smile.gif

xtreme1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
same problem here. freezes after i select it.. even after i went through the proper procedure of using a multi disk and picking the three options... disc1 works but not disc 2

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There's nothing changed for the game, it's still unknown why it freezes or why the 3 GB .iso fixes the problem. Well for most people anyways.

Are you sure you used the correct options in fstfix? Are you using high quality media as advised?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The one described here:
http://gbatemp.net/topic/219243-neogamma-r9-beta-test/

With Wiped GCM Fixer 1.5F:
FSTFIX BKdisc1.gcm t s g
and
FSTFIX BKdisc2.gcm t s f

And then put on the same disc with MultiGame ISO Creator v3.5.4F+. Oh, and it's important to put them in order on the disc, even if i don't know why or how somebody would not do that.

Hmm, and i only have BK1, but both games have the very same problem, and that method is reported to work for BK2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative