Hacking Banner Brick on 4.0 - How to repair with Preloader?

judremy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's amazing how the one piece of information that could have helped out lot10 wasn't given until the very end. It's also helpful to yourself if you get your terminology right:

IOS != WAD

CIOS = custom IOS not a WAD

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Many people knew all the time what happens with preloader 0.28 on sym 4.0
But if he says its a banner brick, we will give the wrong directions to solve it
To be sure we can help the right way, it is advised giving the symptoms, and not what you think you have

lot10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The symptoms were the same like a banner brick. When I started the Wii first came the warning screen and after that the Wii said: System Files are corrupted .

mgorganchian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have a wii with system menu 3.4U and seems to be banner brick as it has the following message:

"Los archivos del sistema estan dañados. Consulte el manual de instrucciones de la consola wii."
"'The system files are corrupted , please refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help" (translated in english).

The message appears a bit corrupt, some pixels of the words are not shown. (Not sure what this means).

I have preloader 0.29, and can run games through preloader-hbc-usbloader gx but I cannot access the system menu.

I am not sure exactly how I came out to this issue: if it was the SD that got unreadable while I was trying to do downgrade to 3.2 or while I upgrade HBC and tried to install bootmii or after I play a pal game Athletic piggy party. This wii cannot play PAL games and doesn't have any chip.

How can I solve this problem without damaging preloader or hbc, which are the only ways I can still use it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto