Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
leavemealone347 said:
c2ironfist said:
leavemealone347 said:
c2ironfist said:
uh oh what are the CycloDS asskissers gonna do for the time being? I guess they should go make love to their CycloDS until then
yaynds.gif
Yeah I'll do that... all I was saying is that their site has not been down before this.

That comment wasn't directed at you at all. It was more of a general statement about CycloDS Fanboys. If you've browsed TC's forums you'll understand what I mean. Or you may not
rolleyes.gif
I do post there and it seems like that sometimes. You ask for a suggestion and they always call it stupid and that TC has a better thing to do... oh well. Guess they don't realize that that is how a product advances.

Strongly agree with you there. How can a product get better if fanboys are always kissing their ass telling them they are perfect. There is no pressure for TC to improve their product any further.

I'm glad new flashcards like the new budget AceKard 2 and a few of the other budget ones are out because those cards will pressure flashcard developers to improving their products. Win win for consumers
grog.gif

sk3tch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
c2ironfist said:
Strongly agree with you there. How can a product get better if fanboys are always kissing their ass telling them they are perfect. There is no pressure for TC to improve their product any further.

I don't know what forum you're browsing, but the teamcyclops.com forums are not filled with fanboys "kissing their ass" - there are plenty of people bitching and moaning without using the search or even simply looking at the PDF manual. There are also plenty of people complaining legitimately about issues and Team Cyclops does listen and issues fixes (see the 1.3 BETA 2 mess which they addressed with 1.3 BETA 3 and then the final version).

For someone to say there's no pressure on TC for improving their product...I guess I don't understand that. TC has been supporting their card very well. Why would pressure be needed? They've brought more features/fixes to the table in the past months than any other card.

I agree, competition is good. But most of the time people that post suggestions at the teamcyclops.com forums are rehashing an idea that has been posted before or is already in consideration. It's not a matter of them being attacked unless they didn't do their research (i.e. check the many threads that Team Cyclops themselves participate in to keep everyone in the loop on firmware developments/fixes/etc).

The CycloDS isn't a perfect card at all, but it is at least getting really nice support compared to other cards.

c2ironfist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sk3th

I'm not dissing TC at all. Their team has done an excellent job supporting their card and thats why they are one of the best high end cards available at the moment.

There's enough fanboys on there that I've no longer regularly read or even post in their forums. The Fanboys just ruin it for me there are too many threads saying I love you to TC and too many attacks on users who suggest ligament features attacked by fanboys.

Consumers pressuring a company to bring better support, service etc.. is a good thing. The more you consumers demand the faster you'll see results services getting better. Pressuring and competition from other companies is a good thing for consumers.

All this said though, the CycloDS Evo is a great card, it's my favourite Slot-1 card at the moment. The whole forum thing is great by TC but some of the users there ruin it for many. I'm a consumer and I'd like to get as much as I can for my dollar. The card is good but there is always room for improvement.

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This topic has degraded into a flame war. If somebody is flaming you or being offensive, report it to a moderator, or you will receive punishment for flaming them back.

You have your answer. Topic closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: He is now fishy.