Backup WiiU games that updates online before able to play

warquezho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a way to backup the games that have updates installed in WiiU or HDD/USB? Like I got a game from the web, installed it fine, but when I play it, it needs to download updates first before I am able to play. I am just thinking in the future when I need to play the same game fresh and the download updates do not work anymore then it would be a complete useless game.

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Not sure if I understand what you are asking about.
You can install the update without any problem.
Update of the game(s) will stay in your HDD until you erase it << you can check it in data manager, when you click the game >>
If you play again in the future, it wont update (unless there is a new version available)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't undo an update without modifying the versions.bin. also, you're not forced to update, just click cancel.

warquezho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure if I understand what you are asking about.
You can install the update without any problem.
Update of the game(s) will stay in your HDD until you erase it << you can check it in data manager, when you click the game >>
If you play again in the future, it wont update (unless there is a new version available)

yeah but like is the update always gonna be available via internet lets say in 10years from now? I am just thinking that if a day comes, you freshly install the game in 10years, then the game wont even run. I tried to turn off internet from wiiu and it says

"An update is required to start this software"

Can't undo an update without modifying the versions.bin. also, you're not forced to update, just click cancel.

I turned on internet and there was no "cancel" button to click. There was something like "Return to WiiU" but then again the update is happening on the background.

So I think we are on the mercy of the update server to play certain games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto