Hacking Backup message board and other user data?

Flyojumper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll have to reformat in the near future to fix the dreaded error 110321, and I was looking for a homebrew to backup everything I can. I know waninkoko has some utilities to copy save games and miis, but I found nothing for the message board data or other user data files.
Is there an homebrew out there that will allow me to do that?
I think it would be very useful to the community to have a user friendly homebrew to backup all user data at once and restore them later on through the same easy process (all game saves, miis, message board data, etc...)

deervark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's a nice idea, and probably possible, i just don't think any one single program exists to do those things...and as far as the message board thing goes i have never heard of anything to back up that.

Flyojumper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see... With the plethoria of homebrew out there, I'm a little surprised that there is not one of them dedicated to a system backup/restore.
How about the "wii file system browser" homebrew? If you knew what to look for, could you copy the message board file that way?
I'm keeping hope that there is a homebrew somewhere that would allow you to back up your message board.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Flyojumper said:
How about the "wii file system browser" homebrew? If you knew what to look for, could you copy the message board file that way?
I'm keeping hope that there is a homebrew somewhere that would allow you to back up your message board.
I don't know how it can be done, but I do know it would be possible.

I like this thread because it's a bit different to most of them and I'm sure if we had the right people read it then would could find you an answer.

I think if you were to use the app you mention or FS dumper you could get the required files, but I have no idea how you would then rebuild them to your messages etc.

It's a great idea though, so if anyone has any info of what to look for on the wii or how to rebuild the files once dumped please post. I'd be willing to give some things a try when my wiis back as this could prove handy for some.

*EDIT
Well had a look through my dump files and logs and read up a bit.

Seems some are already started on this by looking through /shared2/wc24/mbox and the files wc24recv.mbx and wc24send.mbx etc
The files are a mix mash of types with a couple of different compressions used. But this seems to be where the messages and pictures are stored. So far some have decode a few different things, so I think there might be an app in the near future, but I can't find any in development.

Just found this site...
http://bigredpimp.wordpress.com/
A lot to read there.
X-Wii-AppId: [App ID] in a mail header sends info to an app, used for Miis, looks interesting. Combined with usb keyboard support, and the ability to launch urls from mail, this could be very versatile once someone manages to code an app tht can manipulate all this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1