biggrin.gif

Jouffe

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
waninkoko said:
Backup-Creator under wine works fine.
Right. I was doing something wrong. Obviously.

Here are the commands I used in the Konsole to get through it:

wineconsole --backend=user cmd

Browse to your folder containing Backup-creator.exe
Then patch the game with the following command

backup-creator.exe name-of-game.iso

works fine!

sadlyinsane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have looked at many guides and read on forums and i have not yet found this problem other than on my wii lol

i installed the cios wad but it dosnt seem to stay installed after i installed and followed all other steps i just got a green screen after booting by backup disk i tryed to uninstall wad and it says it was not installed and this keeps happening. i installed ios249 with dvdx and it stays fine i patched my iso and it recognizes the disk and what game it is but when it loads after that my freezes with a green screen. i have tryed uninstalling/installing the cios with wad manager and specific installer and uninstallers. multiple games multiple loaders still the same problem. i have a pal wii and i am using dvd-r and burning them with imgburn.

i'm not sure what to the problem might be any help is appreciated

thanks

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Meowayne said:
djtaz said:
All hail the great waninkoko - good to see you back posting again
biggrin.gif

Stop the grovelling. It's embarrassing.

Just showing the man who unknowingly started this all off a bit of respect ... grovelling would have included
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

tongue.gif
(some of you guys have no sense of humour)

QUOTE(KoopaTim @ Oct 1 2008, 03:18 PM)
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=107818
Think somebody could answer this quetsion?

Somebody already did

sponse

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've built the extractpartition app on Mac OS X, followed the instructions for setting up the keys then patched the same ISO with extractpartition and backup-creator, did an md5sum on both patched ISOs and they both have the same checksum, it looks like it's working.

Just got to see if it's possible to burn the patched ISO with Toast on the Mac now.

thiagofera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
First of all: welcome back Waninkoko

I've tried to make everything right, but my backup launcher just doesn't seem to work with Star Wars: The Force Unleashed USA. I've got CIOS v6 patchmii by bushing, backup launcher 0.1 in the HBC and as a channel itself, and dvdx set up for 249. Everything goes right after I put the DVD-r with the patched game in my wii, but after the green screen blinks, the screen becomes black FOREVER!

Can anybody tell me what I've done wrong? Thx for the help!

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thiagofera said:
First of all: welcome back Waninkoko

I've tried to make everything right, but my backup launcher just doesn't seem to work with Star Wars: The Force Unleashed USA. I've got CIOS v6 patchmii by bushing, backup launcher 0.1 in the HBC and as a channel itself, and dvdx set up for 249. Everything goes right after I put the DVD-r with the patched game in my wii, but after the green screen blinks, the screen becomes black FOREVER!

Can anybody tell me what I've done wrong? Thx for the help!

Yup the " CIOS v6 patchmii by bushing " is whats causing the issues i would think - try getting the CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad by Waninkoko and use that one instead with DVDx patched to ios249 - ... just in case ur looking for them (google is great) but i have them all in the zip on my sig , though theres a lot more than you are looking for in there as well.

seuden

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.peerweb.org www.tv-vault.org www.cinemageddon.org
XP
Country
robiul said:
waninkoko said:
Backup-Creator under wine works fine.

I specifically registered here just for you, you are a legend, not because of the backup loader but for all your programs you have made!
Same here, awesome work. /me gets on knees and .......

I've tried Samba de Amigo pal on pal and it works fine other than the intro and loading is as stated on the compatibility list.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
seuden said:
I've tried Samba de Amigo pal on pal and it works fine other than the intro and loading is as stated on the compatibility list.

On another note... whats that game like ? is it any good ?

aizen000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Matchita burner and i heard that that is not compatible with imgburn (cant change booktype to dvd-rom). Does this mean that i cant get in on all this Wii backup action
frown.gif
. Any help is appreciated.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
aizen000 said:
I have a Matchita burner and i heard that that is not compatible with imgburn (cant change booktype to dvd-rom). Does this mean that i cant get in on all this Wii backup action
frown.gif
. Any help is appreciated.

You could always try Nero. I havent had to change any settings on my burner but its always worth giving it a go - either way you can report back and let others know - try with a game thats confirmed to work at a slow speed first.
Also try using a DVD-r as these seem to give less trouble - re-writables dont seem to work - not for me anyway

aizen000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried nero and two types of DVDs(+R and -rw) with no success my wii always gives me the r = -6 or smthing like that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2: +1