1. Jm9760

Jm9760 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You need imgburn to change to book type to dvd-rom.

2. Zerxer

Zerxer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I agree. I don't think it's the fact that I used Alcohol 120%. Does someone mind explaining to me why all these Wiki pages that are out there don't match up? This one says the Prince of Persia NTSC plays while this one says that it doesn't and that it goes to a black screen which is exactly what I'm experiencing which means that the GBATemp Wiki page is incorrect. It'd be nice if we could truly rely on these wiki pages because I don't want to waste my time downloading a game and burning it just to have it not work after one site tells me it does. Maybe someone did actually get it to work, who knows, or maybe they were actually playing the PAL version or something.

EDIT: @Jm9760, isn't that only if your DVD type is DVD+R? Shouldn't have to change book type for DVD-R which means there should be no reason to have to use ImgBurn.

3. Treflex

Treflex GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Since this is merged with gecko OS, which has gc compatibility as opposed to waninkoko's original loader, couldn't this be eventually made to work with gc backups?

4. Jm9760

Jm9760 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I use DVD-R and I had to change the booktype for it to work.

5. CMac1988

CMac1988 Member
    Newcomer

For those having problems using Waninkiko's backup creator. Found this whilst nosing around.

Wii ISO Loader Simple GUI

password - 'tehparadox.com'

Helpful for all those having problems using the draging, and 'open with..' methods. [​IMG]

original source - QJ Wii

p.s. This is just Waninkiko's patcher with a GUI.

[​IMG]

6. Disturbed1

Disturbed1 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Well, I tried to uninstall and then reinstall the DVDX program, and at the reinstall screen, I'm greeted by error -2011.

Help. Please. =-/

7. ether2802

ether2802 we have the techno...!!
    Former Staff

Mexico
    Issshhh I think I'm daltonic, lmfao, and now i feel more looser!!!

8. DarkJesus

DarkJesus Member
    Newcomer

OK, I tried patching and burning a copy of no more heroes (NTSC). I am pretty certain that the reason why I am getting the identity fail errors is because of the dvdx installation. Installing dvdx with ios36 still lets me play DVDs in mplayer, whereas installing it with ios249 doesn't.

9. TheWon

TheWon GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The only problem I'm having is the loader not reading the DVD. I plan to buy some tonight. I hope it helps.

10. bigjohn8411

bigjohn8411 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    update for anyone who remembers my problems:

i got it to finally work!

after MUCH work and thinking....i finally figured out the problem. the iso was totally fine, and the converted partition.iso was totally fine too. the problem was my dvd-burner (go figure!)

i had been using my laptop's dvd-burner to burn all of the discs. so i tried out my desktop's dvd burner, with (strangely enough) maxell dvd+r's. and i burned a copy of wii sports, at 2x speed. low and behold, i put it in the wii and booted up the backup loader, and it read the disc. and it booted up wii sports. i was in total shock, since....i didnt even change the booktype. my dvd-burner on my desktop is an HP DVD Writer 300n. and i didnt really see an option to change the booktype, so i didnt, kinda just held my breath. and it worked...

so to all having dvd identify problems. see if you can try burning your iso with a different dvd burner, and use a DVD+R ...u might get lucky, like me.

11. toastert2003

toastert2003 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    yeah, i'd definately say that's your problem.. however, i'd like to ask you if this is your first try/problem with wiigator's loader, or if you have had other successful burns. i doubt you have, but... worth asking from my standpoint.

12. Patch62

Patch62 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey bigjohn8411 Could you tell me if your copy can play Boxing on Wii Sports, been trying to find out if it works or not, all the other games work fine except for boxing, any help would be appreciated.

13. bigjohn8411

bigjohn8411 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    also to let everyone know, who might have the dvd identify error

this is my current "setup" if you will.

cios v6 (wiigators version) installed, and successful.
    dvdx installed, to IOS249. successful.
    backup loader (wiigator) v1 in my homebrew channel, using the dol, not the wad channel.

iso dumped using waninkoko's cios dvd dumper 1.2, and dumped through wifi. iso converted using the bc-gui program, which does the same thing as backup-creator.exe, but just has a percentage of progress, which is nice [​IMG] so i used that. and it converted my wii sports iso. 100% successful.

all this was done on my laptop, so at this step, i took the converted iso, and i put it on my desktop pc. and i burnt it using imgburn 2.4.2.0, to a maxell dvd+r. didnt change book type or anything, and burnt it at 2x speed. when it was done, i loaded up the backup loader, and put the disc in. it works great. my problem was my dvd burner not burning my dvd-r's (or dvd+r's) correctly. i had gotten a dvd identify error EVERYTIME before just a few minutes ago.

and yes, i can also verify that boxing doesn't work on wii sports for me. it freezes at a black screen.

also, not sure if it's just me...but my wii's dvd drive LEDs (blue LEDs) stay on...while the game is playing. is this normal?

14. Patch62

Patch62 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks alot BigJohn just wanted to make sure i didn't mess up on my end, I also backed up Wii Sports original had some scratches, Well i guess the wiki page should be changed for Wii Sports cause it says no errors . BigJohn your drive in the Wii should not stay blue , i don't think that is normal. It should be the same light you get when you put a game in when the system is on standby.

15. lolsjoel

lolsjoel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
  16. toastert2003

toastert2003 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    well, not with other games, but possibly with wii sports...

need a confirmation, since i haven't played that under the loader yet.

17. Patch62

Patch62 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Mine does not stay blue on Wii Sports , but we know now that wii boxing doesn't work in Wii Sports, unless anyone else has been able to make it work. The wiimote light stays blue but the screen stays black.

18. slyfox785

slyfox785 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Donkey Kong Barrel blast, does will not convert to NTSC from PAL whatsoever, period apparently. 4 disks lost.

19. Jouffe

Jouffe Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada

Has anyone achived running extractpartition under a Linux OS? or Backup-Creator?
    I got backup-creator running under Wine but it always returns an error, so can't do much with it actually.
    Also, as I'm quite new to Linux, I'm wondering if I have to compile the ExtractPartition Linux X86 (posted on the very first page of this thread) and if yes, how?

It would be greatly appreciated to have a detailed answer to this (e.g. code). Thanks guys.

PLS note that already did what's quoted up there.

20. waninkoko

waninkoko GBAtemp Fan

Backup-Creator under wine works fine.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Wiigator, Launcher, Backup