Hacking Backup Launcher by Wiigator

jayrow

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hense me saying I was confused I was unsure about whether the patch patched the original and kept it as the original file or the output file. I have tried using the search feature and google to find a proper guide to make the ISO work and there isn't one. There are people giving out different information which is confusing. I think making a sticky with a guide that everyone can follow will make things easier.

At the end of the day, there are a lot of people here who are new to the Wii homebrew scene and I can say that this is my first attempt at hacking my Wii...I only found out about this yesterday

Thank you for clearing it up when u get that mod position delete yourself :}

scuj1

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
djtaz said:
Thanks for chipping in scuj.

I found that if i put the ISO into the same folder as the backup-creator and just drag the file over it and drop , it works every time without fail ... and im using vista which is a bit*h at the best of times.

Anyone having an issue try either method and best of luck.

No probs, just a few people asking the same question over and over again lol.

Will try it myself on my next one. You can say that again re vista!

Predator04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
bigjohn8411: i'm not a noob at this sort of thing, i've done things like this with my dreamcast back in the day (not the same exactly mind you) but i've been around and i have experience.

Man That has to be the best post ever. You used to play backups on your dreamcast? So back then you knew how to burn a disk? Amazing!
its not even close to the samething!!!

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
why is everyone getting so bitchy on these forums ?

People are trying to learn how to do things here and need some info. Yes some of the info is already there and they really should check around first , but most are new to forums and to a lot of this type of thing.

We all started somewhere and everyones needs to be pointed in the right direction from time to time ... if its going to annoy you then simply dont answer the thread and let someone with a positive input put in a solution.

Well done for anyone new trying this and i hope you get the help you need on these forums .. ill do my best to help with the little bit of info i have.

microman2006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, just a quick question... do you use wiifrii on the original iso or the partitioned one? and after you have the iso made all you do is burn it? no other steps needed? i have everything else done just waiting on the burn to finish up!

bigjohn8411

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Man That has to be the best post ever. You used to play backups on your dreamcast? So back then you knew how to burn a disk? Amazing!
its not even close to the samething!!!

what i'm referring to, isn't burning backup disks with the dreamcast. what i'm referring to, is the good ol' days even before SBinducer and such, when you had to find the LB numbers, organize your directories properly, create the first track of audio and then the second track of data, etc. etc. just to make a custom disc for dreamsnes (or whatever you were making).

whatever. it's olllldddd history. anyways, you'll see in my post that i DID mention it's not exactly the same thing, and it's not. but to get back on topic, i'm simply stating, that i'm just not having the same luck as everyone else.

i just tried with wii sports. wiiui verifies its good, and i burnt it to two different kinds of dvd-r, maxell and verbatim. both at 2x, and verification on imgburn failed (just throwing that out there). it says it was unable to read TOC.

same dvd identify error in backup loader. i un-installed waninkoko's cios v5. and i re-installed cios v6, wiigators one. it was successful. i re-installed dvdx, to ios249. successful. and cios dvd dumper boots, so i know the cios is working. the ONLY other thing i can think of trying, would be to patch the iso with extractpartition and burn it, instead of backup-creator. thats gotta be it at this point.

Timexy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Use Wiifrii on the original one. Then burn the partition one.

I had to use Wiifrii on de Blob [PAL] to make it run on my Wii (NTSC), plus use FORCE NTSC. It freezes on the Options menu tho (not that you NEED to go there anywayz). Gameplay is near perfect because the game loads a lot of stuff dynamically (like the world itself).

Jon eBegood

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
users.skynet.be
XP
Country
Belgium
bigjohn8411 said:
i just tried with wii sports. wiiui verifies its good, and i burnt it to two different kinds of dvd-r, maxell and verbatim. both at 2x, and verification on imgburn failed (just throwing that out there). it says it was unable to read TOC.

Try in 4x... Doesn't work for me in 2x, but work well in 4x...

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Whats the extrapartion? is that like the backup creator?.. If so how do I run it?
Yes, I know im sure its somewhere in the forums, but I have to go So i typed this up real fast. If I have a Mac (without windows) Can I patch the ISO's at all is what Im wondering.

Thanks

Foppzter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dreamcast, that brings back memories.
How we had to use a boot disc so we could play burned games before they discovered a way to patch the isos. And only a specific burner software was good enough to burn Dreamcast games. I think it was discjuggler...
...damn, suddenly I remember burning N64 roms so I could play them on my cd64+...
...or splitting Snes roms so they would fit on multiple floppys so I could play them on my Gamedoctor and Super Wild Card DX2...
...I'm too old for this...

ralphyboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Please read. To ALL having problems burning with 2x speed !! burning with 2x speed is not good with every burner(like mine) try with 4x (or higher)and post what happens

skedone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4 speed and above to be precise some disks hate you burning at 4x and how do i know this i have been a scene member now since before most have you have been alive i have been in the computer world since steve jobs and bill were at uni lol the first computers i worked on were rack mounts with punch cards.

i have burned games using 4x 8x 16x and even 20x and they all work so speed of burning is a dvd burner issue not a loader issue

also as for the you ripped the SMG it might be the rip its self mate as wifi or even harddrive speed could course upto 2 byte`s of error every 8 bits sorry but thats the truth try turning of encryption on router and defrag harddrive, this is not a wifi error just a creation error due to speed of hard drive and pc i will not go into it to much its to technical

StuMcBill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I want to try this out on my 3.3E PAL Wii, however I don't have any ISO's, so I have a couple of questions.

1. Does this work on a 3.3 Wii?

2. Can I dump any of my original games so I can try it out, or do I need special hardware?

Thanks

Stu

Razorwing

Elite Four Member
Trophies
XP
Country
skedone said:
i have burned games using 4x 8x 16x and even 20x and they all work so speed of burning is a dvd burner issue not a loader issue

Agreed. I have burned all of my backups at 16x on Verbatim 16xDVD+R and have had no problems at all.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ok people this tread is for helping, so don't get bitchy or get out and stop reading at this!!!!

for those trying first time the launcher, read the compatibility list first before you even dump or downl.....err backup your ISO's

the WiU1.1.exe tool is just to verify if your original ISOis good, and make it NTSC>PAL or PAL>NTSC

"extract partition" and "backup-creator" are both of them the same thing, altought i've only use the backup-creator, my way to do it if doesn't work with the "drag and drop", or the "open with...", put your files (backup-creator.exe, common-key, and the ISO.iso) on C:, go to "start" click on "run" and type "cmd", when a DOS box opens just type "backup-creator.exe ISO.iso" don't name your ISO's with long and complicated names like: "star_wars_the_force_unleashed_may_the_force_be_with_you_and_saint_mary_and_
ll_of_your_family_too_lol.iso" cause i've read that probably don't work, I just put the name that gives me the DVD Dumper (waninkoko's), great tool by the way...!!!

the speed of burning, i don't really think it matters, i read somewhere that if the dvd says 16X, burn at 16X, that's what i've done and it works perfect, of course not all of us have Nero6 with an external usb burner lite-on smh-65h6s and verbatim 16X media, but that's what's have worked for me so far.

if you think you have done everything word by word and still nothing, after 24 hrs doing the same and reading other forums, nothing???
then and only then, you should ask for some help, or try with other ISO because sometimes the ISO is just not compatible.

for those of you asking if your Wii, gift from your gramma' the last year with a 1.1-3.3 firmware will work?, i'm thinking YES, but you need to try, don't expect everything on your hands nice and easy, you have to test it, I know nothing of this has a warranty, but why should?, you're F****** around with your Wii, but no one have post a brick on his/her Wii because of this, ok??

the order I put the things in here is the correct order to do it, or at least is what have worked for me...lol.

and last but not least, we are here to help each other, but not to do it for you...!!! lol

Saludos a la escena!!!

bigjohn8411

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have firmware 3.2u.

honestly i dont know what it is, or what it could be. maybe it IS the iso. maybe its the backup-creator program. maybe i should try extractpartition, or try again with the whole iso format. my wifi encryption was off already, so thats not it :-(

so...im still confused and stumped. but im not gonna make my brain explode lol, so im gonna take a break and just wait until another version comes along or somethin.

thanks to all
smile.gif
hopefully i can get it working someday.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom