scuj1

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi Noob here lol,

Been reading the forums for a good few days now (previously having no experience with Homebrew, The Twighlight Patch etc etc) and I successfully have the original Back-up Loader and the new wad by Wiigator, running smoothly. Burnt 3 games to date and all been a success each time, woo hoo! Pretty much thanks to this forum. I notice alot of people seem to be having a problem with the back-up patcher and thought I'd add my 50p's worth in and see if I can help, as other people's post regarding the Loader have helped me.

I too, found after I used the patcher the 2nd time round it wouldn't find the iso. Quite a few have already said you just Open with, but this seems to be where the problem is. Don't allow windows to automatically find the program everytime (having used it before, it remembers). Just Open with.... and point to whatever directory the patcher is in including the .iso and untick the box to associate the program so you have to do it each time.

Few extra clicks, but solved it for me and not had a problem since.

Hope this helps

bigianp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Another Noob.

Ive just installed the homebrew channel and both back up loaders to try. All installed ok so far.

Im now downloading a ISO to try but can someone tell me what 'extractpartition' is for. Do i need to use it or just the backup creator

scuj1

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As far as I'm aware its just the same as the back-up creator.

If not I'm sure somebody will step in..........
wink.gif

The only thing I've done different is install the WAD from Wiigator, to give the me the options to force pal, ntsc... but touch wood haven't had to use any of them yet.

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why, but the partition extractor requires the root-key in addition to the common-key. I think it may do other stuff in addition to what is done by waninkokos backup creator (I have no real confirmation of this though). Hopefully I can get it to compile (and run) sometime tomorrow (or today at this point, depending on how you look at it), and then we can see if it really does anything different.

Also, has anybody had any problems with the other two things I released? One of my friends who was using the lan adapter said he couldn't get the cIOS installer to work, and I was wondering if anybody else had problems.

searchforglory

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope I solved the problem with extractpartition (with some hints from wiigator). You have to create an arbitrary file of exactly 516 byte (done with dd) and name it root-key. Then create a directory in your home folder called ".wii". The created file has to be moved into this directory with the common-key file. Then you can run extractpartition. For me it creates an iso (about 400MB smaller than the original one), but I still got error messages. I am gonna try to burn and run that image. I will report later

hecz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None of my Wifrii patched backups worked (green screen) and all of my non patched backups worked, so I recommend not using it.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Predator04 said:
Miles said:
Why don't you guys just drag the ISOs to Backup Creator.exe?
That's the easiest method of doing it, unless you manually add a "Patch ISO" option to the context menu.
because that doesn't work

HERES HOW I FIXED THE PROBLEM
Rename Backup-creator.exe to anything like backup-creator222.exe
then right click iso and open with and find backup-creator222.exe

That worked for me! and i guess if you have the problem just keep renaming it!

I know for a fact it works because I did it with all my ISOs so far.
Do you have XP or something? I don't think it'd make a difference.

QUOTE(Predator04 @ Sep 30 2008, 05:40 AM)
Results 1 - 4 of 4 for WiU1.1.exe. (0.08 seconds)
It seems real, and my virus scanner didn't go nuts.

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=90892
Go here if you want to be sure it's 100% legit.

borka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I wouldn't count on anybody updating the backup loader itself.

All the serious work is done in the cIOS. And the only serious flaw in the waninkoko's loader - NTSC / PAL50 (sic!) support - was fixed. All other issues, that is reading speed, freezes etc can be fixed only in the cIOS.

MeowMix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
borka said:
I wouldn't count on anybody updating the backup loader itself.

All the serious work is done in the cIOS. And the only serious flaw in the waninkoko's loader - NTSC / PAL50 (sic!) support - was fixed. All other issues, that is reading speed, freezes etc can be fixed only in the cIOS.

Have you ever heard the phrase, If you dont know what your talking about "don't"?

Nothing has to be fixed in the CIOS, for Read speed its because of the LibDi. Need's updating.
As for freezing, its the backup loader itself, needs more tweaking.

All the CIOS does is change some Functions. Nothing more nothing less.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
scuj1 said:
I too, found after I used the patcher the 2nd time round it wouldn't find the iso. Quite a few have already said you just Open with, but this seems to be where the problem is. Don't allow windows to automatically find the program everytime (having used it before, it remembers). Just Open with.... and point to whatever directory the patcher is in and untick the box to associate the program so you have to do it each time.

Few extra clicks, but solved it for me and not had a problem since.

Hope this helps

Thanks for chipping in scuj.

I found that if i put the ISO into the same folder as the backup-creator and just drag the file over it and drop , it works every time without fail ... and im using vista which is a bit*h at the best of times.

Anyone having an issue try either method and best of luck.

bigjohn8411

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after you use the backup-creator on an iso, is the resulting size of it supposed to be 3.99 gb, and in imgburn not have any title info?

Razorwing

Elite Four Member
Trophies
XP
Country
bigjohn8411 said:
after you use the backup-creator on an iso, is the resulting size of it supposed to be 3.99 gb, and in imgburn not have any title info?

All of the partition.iso files I have created have been 3.99gb and they have all worked properly, so i would say that you have done it correctly.

Predator04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Miles said:
Predator04 said:
Miles said:
That's the easiest method of doing it, unless you manually add a "Patch ISO" option to the context menu.

if you drag and drop you get a title error. happeneds on all my 3 windows xp comps.

Razorwing

Elite Four Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Predator04 said:
Miles said:
Predator04 said:
Miles said:

if you drag and drop you get a title error. happeneds on all my 3 windows xp comps.

Sure fire way of doing it:

You need to make a folder on your desktop and call it Wii. Inside that folder, your going to put 3 files. backup-creator.exe
common-key
wii.iso (this is the image file you made/downloaded)

Click START > RUN > type CMD and press enter. You'll get that black box (command prompt). You'll type this:

cd desktop
cd wii
backup-creator wii.iso

This will create the partition.iso file

jayrow

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bigjohn8411 said:

I am confused about the same thing. I'm not sure whether I burn the out put file from the patch or the original ISO file.

When I run the original ISO and the patched output file through 'WiU1.1.exe' it tells me that the patched output file is not a proper Wii image.

Am I ment to patch the original ISO and then use the output file to burn onto disk? And are there any other steps to burning the ISO to disk?

Thanks in advance
unsure.gif

skedone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes file size will change IT SCRUBS THE ISO HOW MANY MORE TIME PEOPLE READ THE FORUM, and of course you burn the patched ISO otherwise why would you patch the thing i mean if you don't have the common sense to work that out leave your wii alone because your to stupid to use the wiimote never mind anything else

god this is starting to get really annoying now

please mods make me a mod just with delete permission i will clear this forum in a hour or so

bigjohn8411

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok you need to chill.

i'm not a noob at this sort of thing, i've done things like this with my dreamcast back in the day (not the same exactly mind you) but i've been around and i have experience.

i have done everything exactly as described...but im still getting a dvd identify error. im gonna see how much detail i can describe in doing this..maybe i missed something.

i installed waninkoko's CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad, through the wad manager. it was successful.
i un-installed dvdx (i had it installed before, for use with mplayer) and so then i re-installed it thru the advanced way, and chose ios249, and it was successful.

then i put the cios dvd dumper 1.2 on my card, and i dumped my SMG iso to my computer, thru wifi, 100% complete. i checked it through wiiui, and it verifies it was a working and good dump. title info, region info, everything fine. i put the backup-creator, and the common-key....in a folder, along with the iso. i opened a command prompt and used the command line way, and it made the backup iso, called "partition.iso" and it's 3.99gb. i opened up imgburn 2.4.2.0, and put a verbatim dvd-r in my dvd burner. i loaded up partition.iso in imgburn, and burnt it at 2x speed. 100% successful.

now at this point im thinking "ok well, if the cios dvd dumper worked, then...cios is installed correctly. and so the backup loader should work fine". so i loaded up the backup loader, and put in the disc, and hit launch game. and it sat there, made a couple squeaky noises like it was gonna read it, then it started making a repetative "chug-chug-chug" noise in my wii....and it says "dvd identify error" and went back to the backup loader main menu.

when that happened, i went back....and tried burning the original iso, just for the sake of trying. and that didn't work either. same error.

so now im starting to think....maybe its my wii's dvd drive. do some wii's come with different dvd drives, like the xbox 360 or something? i know i did everything....correct.

it's either gotta be the cios, or i have to use extractpartition instead of the backup-creator. BUT...if you already have v5 of the cios, u dont need v6 supposedly. and the backup-creator is supposedly the same as extractpartition. so..... *sigh*

im so stumped lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Minox @ Minox:
    I'll stick with my kimchi thank you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Triglycerides almost 900
  • Minox @ Minox:
    No idea what any of those things you mention are
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cholesterol and Triglycerides? Basically a way they measure fatty cells in your blood
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Cholesterol is sorta high, according to my doc
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce +1