OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
340x_4578428.jpg

While a 5-month old baby died from internal bleeding, 21-year-old Trent Owen Ngaruhe Hapuku apparently continued playing his PlayStation.

The New Zealander faces manslaughter charges after Mikara Ranui Jarius Reti died on January 11. Hapuku was left in charge of young Mikara. The baby's mother, Jamie Reti, supposedly left the child alone with the 21-year-old while she bathed her other son and ate dinner, Stuff.co.nz reports.

Reti returned, upon which she apparently found Hapuku holding the baby and trying to play a PlayStation game. Hapuku later told police he knew he would get the blame, because he was the only one with the baby. He also said he did not know how the baby suffered those injuries.

During that 45 minute interval, it seems the baby suffered a blunt-force injury to the liver, which fractured four ribs and severed it, causing internal bleeding. According to Stuff.co.nz, police say the injury was most likely caused by it being crushed against the baby's spine, resulting in severe pain, massive shock and loss of consciousness. The infant vomited all over Hapuku's shoulder.

After seeing her baby's pale face, Reti and Hapuku rushed the child to the hospital, where doctors were unable to revive the child. The autospy report says the baby died within minutes from the injuries. What's more, the baby was also suffering from rib fractures that were estimated to be weeks old.

The baby's mother is currently pregnant with Hapuku's child.[/p]
icon11.gif
Source

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
ok three things
1.Im confused......

2.How'd he get the injuries..

3.Im so sick of "child/toddler/baby dies because [blank] is too much into [insert game]"....Shit is getting old.

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
He's pathetic.
"I knew I would get the blame"
That is your frickin child you moron!
He doesn't actually seem to care. I'd probably kill myself if my kids died, especially if it was through my fault, what a complete selfish wanker!

pocchama1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I not sure if anyone read it but it says 'Died within minutes" whatever the fuck happened to that baby it was dead no matter what he had done. Still who the fuck doesn't immediately take you to a hospital. When I was a baby if I held my breath for too long my mom would be taking me to the hospital in a matter of seconds. Even though its impossible to die from holding your breath she'd take me just to be safe.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What the person was doing while neglecting their child is largely irrelevant. It's all part of the media's ongoing conspiracy to vilify videogames.

Also, why put so much effort into your hair if you're not going to wash your T-shirt?

P

pasc

JinTrigger said:
3.Im so sick of "child/toddler/baby dies because [blank] is too much into [insert game]"....Shit is getting old.

Agreed Someone should
hate2.gif
those people.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.