Hacking B9S + Luma Updating, Gateway 3DS broken!

tripman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

Our Gateway 3DS cart has stopped working, so I am doing a B9S + Luma install. I am now at the point of the process where I am to update the console.

I am worried as it is on sysnand 4.5.

Is it safe to update the SYSNAND to the latest firmware once I've installed B9S + Luma. Is there no emunand to update instead with this setup? Apologies if this seems like a silly question but after years up being careful to update the emunand only, I wanted to double check that it is the regular SYSNAND that I update!

I have looked through the pages but just wanted to check in case I make the 3DS unable to play backups.

many thanks

Tripmann

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
One you have Luma installed and confirmed to be installed, it's safe to update your sysNAND. You can keep using your emuNAND, but it's honestly just suggested to just flash that to the sysNAND instead and reformat to remove the emuNAND (of course backing your SD card, then reformatting the system.)

tripman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks. I can boot to Luma3DS v9.1 but holding select when I power on, so I take it I am now safe to update?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

*by holding

WildArms

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Going CFW makes it annoying to use the gateway. Well it's late to go back now that you are on CFW but just letting ppl know I'm doing fine with 11.8 with gateway using the "unofficial" (123ab)'s udpate to the emuNAND, hell, all I had to do from 11.7 to 11.8 was update the 3ds as normal. CIAs and Gateway working perfectly on the emuNAND.

Last edited by WildArms,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-