Hacking Awoinstaller put nsps in real nintendo switch folder?

jimlaman8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decided to give awoinstaller a shot, set ns usbloader to tinfoil and usb and transferred over a few nsps. When i booted into ofw i can see the title. I checked the sd card, they were put in the real nintendo folder. I thought if i delete the nintendo folder and start clean there they would go away but the tile still exists in ofw.

Any ideas what happened or how to cure? I'm leaning towards just wiping the switch and starting clean (assume i dont need to restore nand, i had done emummc with atmophere so nothing should have been tainted, except for this tile issue)

EDIT: actually, i think i may know what happened, i think i accidentally booted into "CFW - sysnand" on the boot loader (i swear i had removed it from the ini, unsure how to know for sure that i did). That being said, whats the best route to clean things (sysnand was in airplane mode), can i just do a system format or somehow remove these rogue nsp tiles only?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by jimlaman8,

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Metadata is always installed to eMMC. Only what is installed to sdcard is romfs and exefs.
This is true for all installer, not Awoo only.
So only way to delete game is by just deleting game from system options or by using tool like Goldleaf.

tom2199

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think the only safe way would be to restore the nand backup, everything else leaves traces on the nand. If you want to avoid that in the future, I recommend settig sysnand to a different theme. You can also try to set forceemummc in hekate if you're using fss0= method of booting Atmosphere

jimlaman8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the only safe way would be to restore the nand backup, everything else leaves traces on the nand. If you want to avoid that in the future, I recommend settig sysnand to a different theme. You can also try to set forceemummc in hekate if you're using fss0= method of booting Atmosphere

I've read that restoring the nand can also trigger a flag (clears logs), though i dont think i was online since doing the cfw (maybe once i dunno)?

What does the haku33 app do that just booting to sysnand and doing a system wipe wouldnt? (its definitely not been online in official firmware since i did this mistake)

Is the restoring of the nand done via the hekate launcher. (i assume these instructions https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/extras/nandrestore/)

Metadata is always installed to eMMC. Only what is installed to sdcard is romfs and exefs.
This is true for all installer, not Awoo only.
So only way to delete game is by just deleting game from system options or by using tool like Goldleaf.

Any idea why the titles showed up in ofw then? Or is it the likely case that i did in fact boot cfw sysnand by accident? (still not positive i did). I did have a different theme for cfw, but i might not have noticed.

I looked in goldleaf and didnt see the option to delete (when i was in cfw emummc at least)

Also unclear, at one point i did restore nsps in the emummc folder but they didnt reappear (after a wipe of the sd card) so i assume "tickets" or metadata needed fixed somehow (separate issue i encountered)

In looking at the nand backup i copied over to my pc, now i'm faced with the fact the one bin file is 29gb, so it cant copy to the existing fat32 sd card.. im guessing if i actually need to restore, i need put the minimal hekate files and this backup on an exfat card to do it?

Last edited by jimlaman8,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY