Switching/Reverting back to OFW?

thesucculentcity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I was wondering what the process is for reverting the system back to OFW, so I can play online/link my shop account. I won’t be using CFW on this switch anymore, since I have it on another one. I'd like to have one "clean" and one for "hacks."

I initially updated software/firmware through the stock OFW, then began the modding process.

Everything was installed on EmuMMC on SD card, utilized exosphere for blocking Nintendo server, never touched anything on SysNAND. WiFi was turned on so I could use tinfoil, but I didn’t attempt to use eshop or play online.

Do I simply just remove the SD card? Then I can use OFW as if nothing happened?

Last edited by thesucculentcity,

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
If your sysmmc is clean you can just boot the switch without any payload. Then it will start in sysmmc.

Then you could cleanup the SD card by deleting everything except the Nintendo folder. But if your emummc was partition based you need to copy the Nintendo folder to your computer, remove the hidden partition and format your sd card and finally copy back the Nintendo folder

thesucculentcity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your sysmmc is clean you can just boot the switch without any payload. Then it will start in sysmmc.

Then you could cleanup the SD card by deleting everything except the Nintendo folder. But if your emummc was partition based you need to copy the Nintendo folder to your computer, remove the hidden partition and format your sd card and finally copy back the Nintendo folder

The emummc was partition on the sd card. If the sd card is removed/not being used, wouldn't this be moot?

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Yes if you don't want to reuse the sd card then you don't have to do anything. Just start the Switch normally (without RCM)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto