Hacking Atmosphère with sig patches from ReiNX. (Backup loading)

Lunalik

A Person That Exists
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So does your atmo/ReiNX combo have the sig patches to install unowned files or no. I’m confused about all of this.
Yes it does.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

so from what I understand you need the FS.kip file for the sig patches in ReiXN
there is 1 package still hosted here that has it in a folder. look for a guide for installing .nsp files. might want to do it before it gets taken down.

im about to do my switch for the first time... and I got so many different SD file packages I don't know where to start... might do Lunalik's stuff that he has on his facebook
this works with unowned files. install nsps with https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-devmenu-on-4-0-0-5-1-0-offline.512627/

Reactions: Queen of SoS

Queen of SoS

Story of Seasons Queen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks you guys I was an expert on 3ds hacking but the switch scene seems to be all over the place. If you don’t mind could you tell me what all I need to accomplish this I already got your files @Lunalik so am I good to go or no.? Sorry guys it’s just super confusing:rofl:

Lunalik

A Person That Exists
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks you guys I was an expert on 3ds hacking but the switch scene seems to be all over the place. If you don’t mind could you tell me what all I need to accomplish this I already got your files @Lunalik so am I good to go or no.? Sorry guys it’s just super confusing:rofl:
You are good (you can now run unsigned/unowned nsps). Next you can install nsps with either devMenu or tinfoil. Here is my guide on devMenu https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-devmenu-on-4-0-0-5-1-0-offline.512627/. Dw, I was an expert at 3ds hacking too, the switch got some getting use to.

Last edited by Lunalik,

p1nky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

Just follow this guide and then the devmenu guide that Lunalik posted links to.
Use the regular ctcaer hekate payload hekate_ctcaer_3.2.bin (and no need for kip1patch=nosigchk when using this payload, this was also a bit confusing for me reading the threads).
I did however add kip1=FS510-exfat_nocmac_nogc.kip1 (but this only is needed if you started from a firmware <= 3.x.x and don't want the GC to be updated).
This nogc patch should still work, right?

Code:
[LayeredFS]
kip1=modules/newfirm/loader.kip
kip1=modules/newfirm/sm.kip
kip1=modules/newfirm/fs_mitm.kip
kip1=FS510-exfat_nocmac_nogc.kip1
atmosphere=1

Last edited by p1nky,
Reactions: charlieb

chippy

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
im about to do my switch for the first time... and I got so many different SD file packages I don't know where to start...
well I followed what was here. well first backuped my switch (took AGES) and then seeing I had pokemon quest installed I thought I put devmenu into that ID's folder. well didn't work. so did the tinfoil to hulu and yeah all working fine :)
thanks Lunalik

Lunalik

A Person That Exists
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well I followed what was here. well first backuped my switch (took AGES) and then seeing I had pokemon quest installed I thought I put devmenu into that ID's folder. well didn't work. so did the tinfoil to hulu and yeah all working fine :)
thanks Lunalik
Np. And devMenu didn’t work on PQ because it requires hex edits to work on other applications.

easycrashing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I have a
-switch on 5.1, nothing been done on console except updated to 5.1.
-jig
-default microsd card
-200gb legit sdxc card (tested with h2testw_1.4)
-USB A to USB C cable
-hekate_ctcaer_3.2.bin
-SDFilesV521
-Lunalik devmenu hulu folder
-Lunalik atmosphere folder
-TegraRcmGUI_Win32_v1.3.0
Tinfoil.nro
nx-hbmenu_v2.0.0

1. What else do I need?
2. What are my steps to get my sdxc to work as exfat on switch (4gb+ files)? I figure I should do this before trying to hack console and shutting it completely offline.
3. how do i get into atmosphere after using hekate payload?
4. how do i install the Lunalik devmenu hulu after getting into atmosphere?

Last edited by easycrashing,

issayloki

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Ok, so I have a
-switch on 5.1, nothing been done on console except updated to 5.1.
-jig
-default microsd card
-200gb legit sdxc card (tested with h2testw_1.4)
-USB A to USB C cable
-hekate_ctcaer_3.2.bin
-SDFilesV521
-Lunalik devmenu hulu folder
-Lunalik atmosphere folder
-TegraRcmGUI_Win32_v1.3.0
Tinfoil.nro
nx-hbmenu_v2.0.0

1. What else do I need?
2. What are my steps to get my sdxc to work as exfat on switch (4gb+ files)? I figure I should do this before trying to hack console and shutting it completely offline.
3. how do i get into atmosphere after using hekate payload?
4. how do i install the Lunalik devmenu hulu after getting into atmosphere?
Hi Op

1 take your time to read and follow the tut
2 https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...nofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/
3 RCM with Jig then use Hekate 3.2
4 Place all file you got frim Lunalik person and follow his tut https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-devmenu-on-4-0-0-5-1-0-offline.512627/
5 Good luck :)

Last edited by issayloki,
Reactions: rynsonick

easycrashing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Op

1 take your time to read and follow the tut
2 https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...nofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/
3 RCM with Jig then use Hekate 3.2
4 Place all file you got frim Lunalik person and follow his tut https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-devmenu-on-4-0-0-5-1-0-offline.512627/
5 Good luck :)

these:

"5. Select LayeredFS in the list of firmwares, and unlock it once it is done booting.

*You can skip steps 6 - 8 if you already have installed Hulu*

6. Open the album to enter hb-menu, and launch tinfoil"
it doesn't look like his files come with layered fs, hb-menu, or tinfoil unless they are built into atmosphere

hellogbatemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thanks lunatik for the job! difficult to make everything work without you.
now lunatic, you can give the solution for rsa keys to run devmenu.nsp

issayloki

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Hi have a read on this Op and do some finding work for devmenu.nsp :)https://gbatemp.net/threads/devmenu-nsp-out-there.512811/ as I can't post link for this file you will need to recover it your self

Last edited by issayloki,

hellogbatemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So does this actually have any significant advantages over the others or is it just another option? I'm doubting it installs DLC/Updates which we aren't the owners of the one thing I and everyone else wants :sad:

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does this actually have any significant advantages over the others or is it just another option? I'm doubting it installs DLC/Updates which we aren't the owners of the one thing I and everyone else wants :sad:
If you use DevMenu, it can install anything you want. Only Tinfoil cannot do updates and DLC. Not because people don't own them but because the homebrew doesn't support those types of .NSP files.

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you use DevMenu, it can install anything you want. Only Tinfoil cannot do updates and DLC. Not because people don't own them but because the homebrew doesn't support those types of .NSP files.

Hmmm devmenu doesn't install any Updates or DLC I have "acquired" strangely enough it does for some E.G VVVVVVV I installed the game and update no issue, BOTW base game, update and DLC? no chance. I've tried on both ReiNX and Hekate, had to use Tinfoil to install the base game of BOTW even, then force reset the update counter (whatever its called) in devmenu to even have it let me play it at all. You think the NSP's are just not good? They all came from the same place tbh. You sure devmenu does install ones which I don't legitimately own? I've had nothing but errors :hateit:

(Also worth noting I do own a legit copy of BOTW as a cartridge and the DLC, but it is not what I was trying to install, I was basically trying to replace it with a copy from the internet).

Last edited by Ian095,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm devmenu doesn't install any Updates or DLC I have "acquired" strangely enough it does for some E.G VVVVVVV I installed the game and update no issue, BOTW base game, update and DLC? no chance. I've tried on both ReiNX and Hekate, had to use Tinfoil to install the base game of BOTW even, then force reset the update counter (whatever its called) in devmenu to even have it let me play it at all. You think the NSP's are just not good? They all came from the same place tbh. You sure devmenu does install ones which I don't legitimately own? I've had nothing but errors :hateit:

(Also worth noting I do legit own BOTW as a cartridge and the DLC, but it is not what I was trying to install, I was basically trying to replace it with a copy from the internet).
Make sure the name of the .NSP has 64 characters or less and contains only alphanumeric characters. Also make sure wherever you are installing has enough room that is double the size of the .NSP (internal memory or micro SD).

Last edited by Draxzelex,
Reactions: Ian095

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Make sure the name of the .NSP has 64 characters or less and contains no alphanumeric codes. Also make sure wherever you are installing has enough room that is double the size of the .NSP (internal memory or micro SD).

I will change the name to something really basic and try again lol. I'm definitely sure I have enough storage space.

EDIT: Wow, it actually worked changing the file name... Thank you!

Last edited by Ian095,
Reactions: Draxzelex

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, I thought it always had it