Atmosphere CFW updated to pre-release v1.8.0, adds support for firmware 19.0.0

atmosphere_switch_cfw-1548553687.png

Last week, NIntendo released a major update to their Switch firmware, with the latest now being version 19.0.0. This update brought a significant amount of changes under the hood, breaking compatibility with the Atmosphere NX custom firmware.

Today, the Atmosphere NX developer @SciresM has updated the custom firmware to support this latest v19.0.0 official firmware, with the CFW's pre-release version now being pre-1.8.0 for Atmosphere. This new pre-release adds basic support for firmware 19.0.0, but not all modules have been fully updated to the latest changes, as these will come with the proper 1.8.0 release.

The changelog for version pre-1.8.0 is the following:

pre-v1.8.0 Release Changelog said:
1.8.0 is Atmosphère's eightieth official release.
Please be sure to update fusee when upgrading to 1.8.0. fusee-primary no longer exists, and will not work any more.
Please note: Atmosphère 1.8.0 is currently in pre-release, and issues may be found that need to be fixed before full release.
  • If any bugs are reported while Atmosphère is in pre-release, they will be fixed and the build will be updated.
  • 1.8.0 will transition to release after a short amount of time has passed without pressing bug reports.
With thanks to the @switchbrew team, Atmosphère 1.8.0 is bundled with hbl 2.4.4, and hbmenu 3.6.0.
The following was changed since the last release:
  • Basic support was added for 19.0.0.
    • The console should boot and atmosphère should be fully functional. However, not all modules have been fully updated to reflect the latest changes.
      • There shouldn't be anything user visible resulting from this, but it will be addressed in a future atmosphère update. There is still one action item from 18.0.0 to be addressed, as well.
    • exosphère was updated to reflect the latest official secure monitor behavior.
    • mesosphère was updated to reflect the latest official kernel behavior.
    • loader was updated to reflect the latest official behavior.
    • pm was updated to reflect the latest official behavior.
    • ro was updated to reflect the latest official behavior.
  • creport's file acces patterns were optimized, greatly improving performance when generating a crash report.
  • Atmosphère now uses relr relocations where possible.
    • This reduces the filesize of a number of atmosphère's modules.
  • A number of minor issues were fixed and improvements were made, including:
    • Support was fixed for running Atmosphère on newer units with specific Hynix/Micron DRAM chips.
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.
For information on the featureset supported by 1.8, please see the official release notes.

Any issues or bugs related to this new version of Atmosphere should be properly addressed in Atmosphere NX's GitHub repository for proper debugging.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: Temp's Atmosphere CFW Discussion Thread

ToyPoodle

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
tinfoil doesnt work on ams 1.8.0 and fw 19.0.0 for me

tried in applet mode and non applet mode..

updated to the latest sig patches..

anyone else have this problem?

lightautodark

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
tinfoil doesnt work on ams 1.8.0 and fw 19.0.0 for me

tried in applet mode and non applet mode..

updated to the latest sig patches..

anyone else have this problem?
Works fine for me. Even when I was on the pre pre release.

You must have missed something. If you can't figure it out just use the hats pack.

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
Is it worth upgrading from v18?

Ps what is the best method to update ie
What is the correct order to do things?
If you are using sysCFW: update hekate, then update the console while running ofw and finally update atmosphere manually.
If you are using emuCFW: update hekate and the console as mentioned, dump the latest firmware using tegraexplorer, go to your emucfw and update it using daybreak, after that you update atmosphere manually.

Is it worth it? I would say it is not, at least for now. Everything seems to be working for me with a few exceptions:
  • Forwarders doesn't work (I have no idea why since the latest signpatches are working fine for everything else)
  • sys-tweak seems to be broken
  • EdiZon crashes atmosphere

Reactions: Willsito_GG

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you are using sysCFW: update hekate, then update the console while running ofw and finally update atmosphere manually.
If you are using emuCFW: update hekate and the console as mentioned, dump the latest firmware using tegraexplorer, go to your emucfw and update it using daybreak, after that you update atmosphere manually.

Is it worth it? I would say it is not, at least for now. Everything seems to be working for me with a few exceptions:
  • Forwarders doesn't work (I have no idea why since the latest signpatches are working fine for everything else)
  • sys-tweak seems to be broken
  • EdiZon crashes atmosphere

Thanks i will wait on the v18 console
I need edison to work and what about the bluetooth for controllers such as ps4? Do they work atm?

I have two consoles

2nd console is running fm v16 /17
Is there any way for me to updgrade that to v18 firmware instead of 19?

Or would i need to go straight to v19
Post automatically merged:

P.s why do u have to update atmosphere manually? Cant
U just winrar overwrite in place?

Sir Tortoise

Trophies
XP
Country
Ryujinx didn't get C&D, they sold out.
There's no evidence to say they "sold out" - I seriously doubt Nintendo would start giving money to emulation devs, that might send rather the wrong message. The "deal" they offered was probably more in the style of "deal you can't refuse".

And hey, if he somehow did get paid by Nintendo for developing an emulator? Good for him.

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks i will wait on the v18 console
I need edison to work and what about the bluetooth for controllers such as ps4? Do they work atm?
It depends on what modules you use, I don't use any modules for additional controller supoort so I can't tell if they work or not, but is likely that they don't work and will need to be updated aswell.

P.s why do u have to update atmosphere manually? Cant
U just winrar overwrite in place?
By updating manually I mean downloading the release from github and transfering the files to your sd card. That's because there are AIO updaters that do that automatically for you, but I think doing it manually is safer and less error prone.

Reactions: Psd99 and Blythe93

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
what about the bluetooth for controllers such as ps4? Do they work atm?
MissionControl was updated shortly after the Atmosphere 1.8.0 pre-release came out. It should work on firmware 19.0.0.

2nd console is running fm v16 /17
Is there any way for me to updgrade that to v18 firmware instead of 19?

Or would i need to go straight to v19
I believe it should go straight to 19.0.0 if you were to update your console now.

Other than through official means, you can update your firmware via Daybreak provided that you find the firmware files (we aren't allowed to link to them, but it should be easy enough to find them), but I'm not sure if it's safe to update your Switch that way on sysMMC (update should be fine last time I checked, as Atmosphere's Daybreak updates the console the same way official method does, I think). Other than that, if there's a game cartridge with 18.1.0 firmware on it, you should be able to use that as well, but I have no idea which games has it.

Reactions: Psd99 and Hayato213

AndorfRequissa

Gungan Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SciresM is such a legend for making this available for all of us.
I used to think geohot when the ps3 came out was a cool guy til he sold out to sony. SciresM imo currently holds the reigns as the best CFW developer in the history of CFW. hes stayed true to his roots maintaining homebrew and not selling his soul out to the corperate entity.

Reactions: Blythe93

Zm1231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to think geohot when the ps3 came out was a cool guy til he sold out to sony. SciresM imo currently holds the reigns as the best CFW developer in the history of CFW. hes stayed true to his roots maintaining homebrew and not selling his soul out to the corperate entity.
Geohot didn't exactly sell out. He released the PS3's keys and then Sony took him to court and he was more than likely to lose and the courts stated that there can be a a "forbidden numbers" he took a settlement so he wouldn't have ended up in jail because they had some serious charges against him. Which is one of the first documented cases of a court Actually enforcing that a series of numbers technically being copyrightable I guess you could say.

He was forbidden by court order from touching or messing with Sony systems anymore and they were kind of lenient with how they let him off. As long as he didn't touch Sony stuff no more, nothing more would happen to him.

TomSwitch

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated from 16.0 to 18.1.0 Yesterday 😂
Congratulation. You have the currently most stable version. The verdict on 19 is not available yet.
Post automatically merged:

Is it worth upgrading from v18?

Ps what is the best method to update ie
What is the correct order to do things?
Always do atmosphere first, HOS later unless your cat force your hand. You can hold off updating until the apps you use migrated to atmosphere 1.8. Maybe you can wait until your favorite app no longer support atmosphere 1.7. I for one will support both for a while but you can expect 1.7 to be dropped some time in the future just as I don't support anything below 1.7 for some time already.

You can rename your atmosphere directory to switch between 1.7 and 1.8 as long as you don't update HOS.

Last edited by TomSwitch,
Reactions: Blythe93 and Psd99

dragonz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,
If I choose not to go online and update my Switch to firmware 19.0.0, aside from missing online features and content from the Nintendo Store, including DLC, will I be missing anything else?
Also, if I purchase the latest Zelda game, will I be able to play it without encountering any 'you must update' prompts? I have EmuMMC set up with sysCFW and stock firmware.

yaykittykitty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Last week, NIntendo released a major update to their Switch firmware, with the latest now being version 19.0.0. This update brought a significant amount of changes under the hood, breaking compatibility with the Atmosphere NX custom firmware.

Today, the Atmosphere NX developer @SciresM has updated the custom firmware to support this latest v19.0.0 official firmware, with the CFW's pre-release version now being pre-1.8.0 for Atmosphere. This new pre-release adds basic support for firmware 19.0.0, but not all modules have been fully updated to the latest changes, as these will come with the proper 1.8.0 release.

The changelog for version pre-1.8.0 is the following:

Any issues or bugs related to this new version of Atmosphere should be properly addressed in Atmosphere NX's GitHub repository for proper debugging.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: Temp's Atmosphere CFW Discussion Thread
When will be released on GitHub please, Been waiting patiently for what seems like 12 days since 19.0 came out

Thanks

TomSwitch

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When will be released on GitHub please, Been waiting patiently for what seems like 12 days since 19.0 came out

Thanks
Why are you waiting?? Most people would be already happy with pre-prerelease version and recovered from their cat's mishap that caused the update.

• Haha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://imgur.com/gallery/priorities-cZojVzF