Question atmosphere boot

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Thomhack, May 2, 2018.

1. Thomhack
    OP

Thomhack GBAtemp Regular

Mar 25, 2018
    France
    thanks for this message , this thread has for original reason : help to boot thinks like sciresm or ktemkin

2. Ghost92

Ghost92 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 29, 2017
    Colombia
    I doubt that this exploits or damages the console. And if you want to warn better go to the Linux threads and ask them to stop loading incompatible OSs that spoil the internal parts. I will never experience loading a Linux or a windows into the Switch knowing how uncoquerable it is. These compilations are not polished and are "unstable". So they are not useful at the moment.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also, if you follow the Hekake threads and other Payloads, you will notice that they are based on exosphere. It can be said that they are already aware of the functioning of Atmosphere

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also ... if any moderator is watching this, please add WIP to the title

3. Thomhack
    OP

Thomhack GBAtemp Regular

Mar 25, 2018
    France
    This thread or linux thread ?

4. Ghost92

Ghost92 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 29, 2017
    Colombia
    They are already preparing the Loader (NRO) for Switch 1.0

5. Thomhack
    OP

Thomhack GBAtemp Regular

Mar 25, 2018
    France
    @Ghost92

6. boostnek
    This message by boostnek has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, May 5, 2018.
    May 3, 2018
  7. Ghost92

Ghost92 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 29, 2017
    Colombia
    This thread should have a title with the word WIP or in Development. Sure, if you want to edit it to add more information.

Dr.doom likes this.
  8. DocAmes1980

DocAmes1980 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 31, 2016
    United States
    He asked a question. It's tagged as a question. He's not developing anything so the WIP tag shouldn't be used.

9. Dread_Pirate_PJ

Dread_Pirate_PJ Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2018
    United States
    To do this, you need to have their know how. You don’t. You’re going to damage your switch.

10. Ericthegreat
    This message by Ericthegreat has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, May 5, 2018.
    May 4, 2018
  11. JaRocker
    This message by JaRocker has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, May 5, 2018.
    May 4, 2018
  12. ManuelKoegler
    This message by ManuelKoegler has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, May 5, 2018.
    May 4, 2018
  13. Ericthegreat
    This message by Ericthegreat has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, May 5, 2018.
    May 4, 2018
  14. JaRocker
    This message by JaRocker has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, May 5, 2018.
    May 4, 2018
  15. Loke

Loke GBAtemp Fan

Jan 7, 2014
    Netherlands
    This forum is just unbelievable. Someone tries to learn, asking for help in a forum that should provide help but instead it's full of people that try to discourage the progress without providing any help.
    I'm sure the OP knows the risks, if not, one comment is enough. If you are not able to contribute, just don't post. He is actually trying to learn and help the scene.
    It would be great when this community finally recognize they are just leeching scriptkidz, and not a part of the hacking scene.
    And no, i'm not talking about the developers posting in this forum. I think their work is amazing and I am very grateful for their hard work (all scenes), but I fully understand when a developer strays away from this place. It's great to post a finished project, but when it comes to progress, this seems to be the last place to go to.

FahQ and JaRocker like this.
  16. ManuelKoegler
    This message by ManuelKoegler has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, May 5, 2018.
    May 4, 2018
  17. JaRocker
    May 4, 2018
  18. cpasjuste
    This message by cpasjuste has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, May 5, 2018.
    May 4, 2018
  19. softwareengineer

softwareengineer Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2018
    United States
    How though? With what we have now, as long as you've made a nand backup of your switch as highly recommended by anyone that knows anything. If you accidentally brick it while testing something experimental, you can just use our rcm exploit to restore it back to working order! We have brick protection Dread! This echoes semi similarity to Pandora's Battery back for the PSP. We can restore a bricked system with ease! You'd have an easier way to brick it accidentally using 3rd party docks or chargers (which as we know now usually just burns out a power regulator ic which can be replaced) than intentionally running your own (or community driven code) custom experimental software on the switch!

As for people doubting, hey even the atmosphere peeps haven't totally got it booting properly so anyone can still make that happen! (and in a non hacky way that only works to boot the developers switches, but is more generic to boot any switch) And whoever does and in the best way that becomes the public code we use! This is an everybody effort, everyone can chip in, in whatever way they want to that they feel that they can help! Yeah the OP may not be the one to get every switch booting properly through all the stages, but someone will and share that information publicly! So don't discourage someone trying to learn, as if the atmosphere team had that idea, atmosphere would still be someone out there in space, no where near our planet or our switches! lol :D

And besides, breaking things is part of learning, if you brick it, figure out what you did wrong restore it from backup and try again, then it works! Then you've learned! :D

20. Natehaxx
    This message by Natehaxx has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, May 5, 2018, Reason: If you have nothing nice to say, don't bother posting at all.
    May 4, 2018
  21. softwareengineer
    This message by softwareengineer has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, May 5, 2018.
    May 4, 2018
  22. ManuelKoegler
    May 4, 2018
  23. Natehaxx
    This message by Natehaxx has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, May 5, 2018.
    May 4, 2018
  24. mattytrog
    This message by mattytrog has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, May 5, 2018.
    May 4, 2018
  25. softwareengineer

softwareengineer Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2018
    United States
    Well I don't blame him for that stuff, it's custom stuff so they could of made it work any way they wanted to that still exploits it properly. They could of had a stage3 4 5 etc or called them something else besides stages etc. So when you're trying to understand someone else's code you kind of have to try to step into their mind or their way of thinking. And it's a binary the code for that binary is available yes? If not then that's why, they haven't made that public yet. If so then it just has to be built and put in the location it expects. Okay so in this case it looks like they have a stage1 that loads a stage2 that finally should boot up the firmware, if you've been following along ktemkin's streams she was having trouble initially getting past the BPMP and starting up the main CPU properly without it just dropping out on her. I haven't watched her latest stream but maybe she and the team got past that (well obviously they got further). So perhaps they made it to stage2 and that's still not proper yet to fully boot (except what SciresM did to get his to boot personally, which was just for him and probably has specific hard coded things specific to his system). So anyway it looks like the team already has it figured out basically, they just need to generalize it so it boots not just on SciresM's switch but on any switch. I should check out that stream to catch up with their progress.

Assasin1990 likes this.
  26. charlieb

charlieb GBAtemp Fan

Jan 15, 2016
    You realise that there is no way currently to write the emmc contents back. Therefore u don't have brick protection.

had anyone written a dump back to their switch and it's worked?

Last edited by charlieb, May 4, 2018
  27. JaRocker

JaRocker GBAtemp Regular

May 3, 2018
    Jamaica
    Not yet but at the rate that the developers are going how long is it going to take b4 that happens?

28. mattytrog

mattytrog You don`t want to listen to anything I say.

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Just a passing thought so forgive me if anyone has previously attempted... Anybody tried (via removing emmc ofcourse) Win32 Disk imager? I haven`t tested this yet but might be good for dumping/writing...

29. JaRocker

JaRocker GBAtemp Regular

May 3, 2018
    Jamaica
    I think that it had been done already but you don't need to do that to dump the nand there are other ways of doing it via software but I don't think thtt there is anything out as yet for writing the nand back

30. Natehaxx

Natehaxx GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 26, 2017
    Eritrea
    you smell like somebody who got banned and rejoined , but other topic now i think people should wait for ScriesM to release Propertools if you dont even manage to load the binary you should not mess with it at all ... it will lead for others to do the same and brick the device

31. tivanh

tivanh GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
  32. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Dec 24, 2008
    I saw an emmc programmer on amazon but it was 75 quid which seems too high. I guess we can do it in software but having one of those would be so cool.

33. mattytrog

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I know mate. I`ve dumped my (well my sons) NAND via Unix. I was just thinking of something for end-users who may not be familiar with Unix. If anyone wanted to test with an odroid Emmc then practice with that instead of your actual nand. Testing this later :)

Nope. Only registered last week. XDA is my stomping ground normally. So your "smelling" device requires an update. Just let people do their own thing, have their opinions, but you wound me up by calling the poster a dumbass [EDIT Jackass beg your pardon]. You can`t make a decent mayo without breaking a few ovulations. Just dont be so bloody rude. You wouldn`t like it if everyone started calling you "Little Scrote with a schtoopid avatar" would you? Live and let live my friend

Last edited by mattytrog, May 4, 2018
    Minox and Quantumcat like this.
  34. JaRocker

JaRocker GBAtemp Regular

May 3, 2018
    Jamaica
    Yes there is something out there for the end user they can use Hekate

35. mattytrog

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Absolutely correct. Forgot about that. Senile (nearer 50 than 30 year old here)