Atari teases a brand new product

Capture.JPG

Fresh from a Facebook announcement post, veteran gaming brand Atari has teased "a brand new Atari product" that has been "years in the making." See the teaser for yourself:

Atari is asking those interested to subscribe now at www.ataribox.com and be the first to know more. Judging from the site's name, this product might very well be call the Atari Box. And as this name suggests, it might very well be a console!

What do you think will this new product actually be? What do you want it to be? And is there a place for a fourth competitor among gaming console hardware makers?

Share your thoughts below!
:arrow: SOURCE

-pm-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well... should I tell you what happens next?

Soon, the ColecoStation will be announced - and next year, after all hype is over, Sega releases (out of nowhere) the Dreamcast 2; 128X-Addon included in the box. Because they learned off their failures.
I'm pretty sure and my crystal ball never lies to me!

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
So this new thing has the 2600's infamous wood-paneling.
Hard to imagine it being a modern new console with this kind of exterior but you never know.

edit: they have an email link for prospective devs
[email protected]

So it looks more like it may be an actual new console vs. a nostalgia box.

Last edited by zoogie,

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
It's a household cleaner.

Are these types of videos really allowed to be taken as seriously with an attached subscription system? I don't know what it is, I want to know before you start dishing me out emails.

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don't think there's enough head room for a new console, they'd have to be competing on-par with Sony and Microsoft power-wise with some quality exclusives which seems very unlikely.

Atari Box sounds interesting though, something that plays every Atari console? Would be nice to play some Jag.

ww97

Wajiro
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Well... should I tell you what happens next?

Soon, the ColecoStation will be announced - and next year, after all hype is over, Sega releases (out of nowhere) the Dreamcast 2; 128X-Addon included in the box. Because they learned off their failures.
I'm pretty sure and my crystal ball never lies to me!
and also NEC HyperGrafx, SNK Neo and Namco Bandai WonderRaven, with their flagship first-parties, Bonk, Metal Slug and Pac-Man!

Also, Bonk's Adventure 4: Brick of Extinction (a revival, HD title) is the launch title of HyperGrafx!

P.S.: Rumored that Bubsy: The Woolies Strikes Back also comes to AtariBox, how much legit?

Reactions: -pm-

Zhongtiao1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A new Tempest game would be cool. And don't they still have the rights for mario bros from the 7800 era? (not that that would do much for them)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over