Atari teases a brand new product

Capture.JPG

Fresh from a Facebook announcement post, veteran gaming brand Atari has teased "a brand new Atari product" that has been "years in the making." See the teaser for yourself:

Atari is asking those interested to subscribe now at www.ataribox.com and be the first to know more. Judging from the site's name, this product might very well be call the Atari Box. And as this name suggests, it might very well be a console!

What do you think will this new product actually be? What do you want it to be? And is there a place for a fourth competitor among gaming console hardware makers?

Share your thoughts below!
:arrow: SOURCE

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: RIP Akira Toriyama
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Deep down I want this to succeed, but I am rather afraid they aren't going to be bringing in a new audience.
I hope they don't fall flat on their asses, but I am not holding my breath for success.

Zhongtiao1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tbh i dont see it taking any discs or cartriges so im guessing it will be an android box with a digital store so im sadly out of this.

It said that it has an SD Slot. It could also have a cartridge slot. Or the top could pop up and reveal a disc tray.

Sent from my Q5 using Tapatalk 2

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It said that it has an SD Slot. It could also have a cartridge slot. Or the top could pop up and reveal a disc tray.

Sent from my Q5 using Tapatalk 2
if it had a cartrige slot or cd support, for sure they would have said so, an sd slot is probably just for increasing storage and the 4 usb slots are obviously for controllers having leds on top and such.

this is probably gonna be a android box with a custom store where you buy atari games old and new.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yeah, I mean, great for those who like it. I'm sure the emulation is just as top-notch as the AtGames line of Genesis products lol.
atari is actualy quite diferent there is no decent atari jagaur emulator at all so if they actualy made this thing play atari jaguar games it would be a milestone since atari jaguar emulation is preety damn bad.

i mean when the snes was out atari had no console to even compete with it , then they released atari lynx(handheld) and atari jaguar(home console) but they didnt get any support and were extremely expensive so they died an horrible dead, its a shame atari never made an atari lynx or atari jaguar compilation of games and always do only the atary 2600 stuff :S.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
atari is actualy quite diferent there is no decent atari jagaur emulator at all so if they actualy made this thing play atari jaguar games it would be a milestone since atari jaguar emulation is preety damn bad.

i mean when the snes was out atari had no console to even compete with it , then they released atari lynx(handheld) and atari jaguar(home console) but they didnt get any support and were extremely expensive so they died an horrible dead, its a shame atari never made an atari lynx or atari jaguar compilation of games and always do only the atary 2600 stuff :S.

Ah yes, the Jaguar, the first "64-bit" home console, but in actuality only had two 32-bit RISC processors XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over