Gaming Are you planning on buying a Series X?

RyRyIV

Woke Clown
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
As the title says, I'm just curious how many here are interested in picking up an Xbox Series X once it releases, or how many are planning on breaking away from Xbox for one reason or another.

Unfortunately due to the current world-wide pandemic, I doubt I'll be able to afford one at launch. But I'm definitely interested in picking one up as soon as I realistically can!

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
MS have given me little reason to consider one since most of the console wise exclusives will also be on PC.

In time this may change and I find myself getting one for whatever reason e.g. bedroom console, but the PS5 will likely have exclusives in time which may make it a more worthwhile purchase.

For now my plans are to stick with the current gen systems (get through my backlog) + PC and then get a next gen system mid-cycle when the inevitable ‘pro’ models launch.

shano

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
PS5 will probably get a lot of the good Japanese games again that Xbox wont see but i hope thats not the case this time around.

Only thing that really interests me with Next Gen is the Backwards Compat support and how well it's done. Microsoft seems ahead of the curve but unfortunately will probably suffer the same fate as the 360/ONE in that only some the games will get added over time.

I will be sticking with my PC as thats my preferred platform.

RyRyIV

Woke Clown
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
PS5 will probably get a lot of the good Japanese games again that Xbox wont see but i hope thats not the case this time around.

Only thing that really interests me with Next Gen is the Backwards Compat support and how well it's done. Microsoft seems ahead of the curve but unfortunately will probably suffer the same fate as the 360/ONE in that only some the games will get added over time.

I will be sticking with my PC as thats my preferred platform.
The backwards compatibility that they've discussed is actually one of the things I'm most excited about! I'm hoping that it doesn't end up as more of the same that we currently have, no matter how likely that is. If I'm able to sell my Xbox One to help fund a Series X, I'm all in.

shano

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The backwards compatibility that they've discussed is actually one of the things I'm most excited about! I'm hoping that it doesn't end up as more of the same that we currently have, no matter how likely that is. If I'm able to sell my Xbox One to help fund a Series X, I'm all in.
Hope it turns out well for you man. From what i've seen though most if near all Xbox One games at least should see support on the new Xbox due to most of the games still being sold digitally on the Xbox Store and how similar the architecture is.

I'm more interested in the Original Xbox and Xbox 360 support and the enhancements but i'm sure Xbox One games will also get some nice added bells and whistles on the new Xbox too.

Going by history most of us usually regret selling our previous consoles later on.

Last edited by shano,
Reactions: duwen and RyRyIV

McBing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The problem I see is the same as with this Generation, for everyone that has got a decent Gaming PC, the Xbox ist just "useless". I have a Xbox one at home, but I never really used it, my 360 has been heavily used in the days...

We will see what the future brings for the Series X, currently I have no desire to get one

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone making that kind of decision this far in advance of ANY of the new systems releases is at best easily swayed by marketing and at worse financially irresponsible.

I'm on the fence for both - hell, I'm still on the fence regards the Switch!

Reactions: RyRyIV

Esdeath

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Since MS releases nearly every game also on PC and the console as multimedia station isnt interesting for me I am probably gonna get the PS5.
But I will wait for 1 year or so after release, just remember YLOD and that thing with the HDMI port on PS3/4.

Rafciu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes i already decided to stay with Xbox for another generation because PS5 probably will not have full backwards compatibility, that was a thing that have my attention not exclusives. Im planning to buy one not in 2020 but in late 2021 for now im happy with my old xbox one.

Reactions: RyRyIV

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, wire is definitely more practical IMO. Hell these days you can charge a laptop over... +1