Xbox One or Series S

nerdlevel1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm looking to buy an Xbox soon as an alternative to my gaming pc in a second parents house however I am looking to spend as little money possible. But would want something good quality as I will be spend long amounts of time here.

I have narrowed it down to two options the Series S or Xbox one s (or the original from what ive heard they are the same apart from size and noise which I don't hugely care about).

I cannot decide which console to get because I like buying game physically because they are much cheaper however I can live without it (steam) but the Microsoft store doesn't seem to be as cheap as steam (although I will likely be picking up gamepass) however I have adhd and often struggle with games loading and have heard the Xbox one has long load times especially on newer games and that it runs newer games badly.

I am finding this a difficult decision because the disc prices seem much cheaper (tony hawk 1+2 is £12 physically and £30 digitally for example) however I don't like the idea of new games running badly however I'm not a huge snob and will be playing on a very small tv as well as the fact the Series S looks to have incredible load times and quick resume looks game breaking to my enjoyment of games.

These options are around the same price second hand however I cannot afford any more so unfortunately the One X or Series X are not an option.

Sorry for the long post and any help would be appreciated!

phantzm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i have both and i can confidently say it’s better to go with the series s. even just turning them both on there’s a significant difference in the time it takes for them to boot. series s: 11s. xbox one: 46s. price is obviously a big deal aswell but with key sites like g2a/kinguin games are typically cheaper digitally compared to physically, and console prices: xbox ones with 1 controller usually go for around 60CAD/45USD and series s 500gb consoles sometimes go for around 120CAD/95USD but usually it’s closer to 200CAD/165USD. series s/x exclusives: not many exist, almost all can be played on both consoles. The xbox one will of course have worse loading times, but it’s not horrible. storage expansion is a lot better on the xbox one as you just need to replace the internal hdd and you can have more internal storage but on the series s you have to pay the premium and get the overpriced expansion ssd’s or use an external hdd/ssd which is a ton slower than the normal ssd and can only run xbox 360/xbox one games. in my opinion, go with the series s carbon black if you can afford it and get a 1-2tb external hdd to back up extra games. but the xbox one is still a decent choice if you don’t want to spend that much money.
Post automatically merged:

i have both and i can confidently say it’s better to go with the series s. even just turning them both on there’s a significant difference in the time it takes for them to boot. series s: 11s. xbox one: 46s. price is obviously a big deal aswell but with key sites like g2a/kinguin games are typically cheaper digitally compared to physically, and console prices: xbox ones with 1 controller usually go for around 60CAD/45USD and series s 500gb consoles sometimes go for around 120CAD/95USD but usually it’s closer to 200CAD/165USD. series s/x exclusives: not many exist, almost all can be played on both consoles. The xbox one will of course have worse loading times, but it’s not horrible. storage expansion is a lot better on the xbox one as you just need to replace the internal hdd and you can have more internal storage but on the series s you have to pay the premium and get the overpriced expansion ssd’s or use an external hdd/ssd which is a ton slower than the normal ssd and can only run xbox 360/xbox one games. in my opinion, go with the series s carbon black if you can afford it and get a 1-2tb external hdd to back up extra games. but the xbox one is still a decent choice if you don’t want to spend that much money.
also forgot to mention, xbox one is capped at 60fps whereas the series s is capped at 120fps but that doesn’t really matter if you’re using a standard tv

Last edited by phantzm,

Mayo1990

I just play vidya
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you care about a wide range of games, Xbox Series S + Game Pass (which you can ALSO use on PC) is the way to go.
Xbox One S does still have Game Pass but it doesn't get any new games as often as Series S does + performance does really tank hard.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the love of god, don't buy an Xbone VCR. I got one, and it's slow as fuck. If you have nostalgia for your PC taking minutes to turn on, and games taking ages to load, then get an Xbone. lol! And no, "just adding an SSD" won't fix that. The SATA controller in the Xbone VCR is too old.

Video games on Xbox are cheap, because you can buy Argentina/Turkey/Latin America video game keys.
https://www.eneba.com/
Set the filter to Argentina or Turkey. When you want to redeem your code, make sure you have a VPN in the same country as your code. You can use Urban VPN, it's free, and has a browser extension. You'd be shocked how cheap Argentina and Turkey keys are. And no, you cannot get banned for it.

Last edited by Viri,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto