Xbox One or Series S?

nerdlevel1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm looking to buy an Xbox soon as an alternative to my gaming pc in a second parents house however I am looking to spend as little money possible. But would want something good quality as I will be spend long amounts of time here.

I have narrowed it down to two options the Series S or Xbox one s (or the original from what ive heard they are the same apart from size and noise which I don't hugely care about).

I cannot decide which console to get because I like buying game physically because they are much cheaper however I can live without it (steam) but the Microsoft store doesn't seem to be as cheap as steam (although I will likely be picking up gamepass) however I have adhd and often struggle with games loading and have heard the Xbox one has long load times especially on newer games and that it runs newer games badly.

I am finding this a difficult decision because the disc prices seem much cheaper (tony hawk 1+2 is £12 physically and £30 digitally for example) however I don't like the idea of new games running badly however I'm not a huge snob and will be playing on a very small tv as well as the fact the Series S looks to have incredible load times and quick resume looks game breaking to my enjoyment of games.

These options are around the same price second hand however I cannot afford any more so unfortunately the One X or Series X are not an option.

Sorry for the long post and any help would be appreciated!

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Series S is quite a bit better than the One S in terms of graphics quality and loading times. The quality does drop if you plan on using it on a 4k tv but at 1080p and 1440p it's decent enough.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to someday buy an Xbox One X (I keep forgetting it's called "X" and my mind goes to Xbox One Elite/Pro :P), but what's stopping me is that it requires an annoying log in to my Microsoft account even if I don't want to do that.

Someone should just hack XO already for offline use.

DavidinCT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to note. If you buy a Series S, you can't use physical media. If you're trying to keep it cheap, find a used Series X. It's more powerfull and you can buy used games and its' far cheaper than the Xbox store.

I have seen some used on Facebook marketplace for like $200-275 for a used Series X. It's cheaper than a NEW S....

NotStupidAhaAha

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd like to someday buy an Xbox One X (I keep forgetting it's called "X" and my mind goes to Xbox One Elite/Pro :P), but what's stopping me is that it requires an annoying log in to my Microsoft account even if I don't want to do that.

Someone should just hack XO already for offline use.
You can use it offline. If you turn offline mode on, you can use most of your games offline. Still doesn’t solve online required games though.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

JasonT2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Series S is an excellent piece of hardware if you don't mind not having the disc drive. Hard to recommend an Xbox One over it for any purpose.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto