Xbox Series X Questions

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I currently have an Xbox Series S, and will be getting Series X for Christmas (I saw it being delivered to Parents place by Amazon accidentally). Anyway, I have a few questions about getting prepared for it, when I do get it:

- I have an Seagate Game Drive USB HDD connected to my Series S for Xbox One and 360 games. Will that Game Drive work with the Series X?

- Is there anything I need to do to transfer my Xbox/Microsoft Account?

- When I get the Series X, how do I set it as primary console?

Thoughts and help on all of this greatly appreciated :)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can set the main drive that stuff is transferred to in system storage. unlike the ps5, it asks you where to transfer series x games, which I hope sony offers instead of having to transfer the games manually from internal storage, which is a pita, especially with the game or two you get each year from being a psn plus subscriber. as for your first question, I'm not sure. I know that the ps5 would have no issues for it.

Reactions: fringle

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes your external drive will work. Series consoles have a network transfer feature that you can use to transfer you internally installed games over to the series x but you will still need to update some games with high res/4k textures. Home xbox can be set in the settings. All you need to do to transfer your account is to sign in at the initial boot.

Reactions: godreborn

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey again guys. I have a couple more questions about Xbox Series X. Compared to the gigantic PS5, which I do have, is the Series X any smaller or shorter in height? Right now, I have a Series S and I plan to put the Series X in it's place on my tv stand but wonder if it will fit in that space. The space is taller more than it is wide. My other question is, if I can't place Series X vertically, can it be placed horizontally? Thoughts and help appreciated :)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey again guys. I have a couple more questions about Xbox Series X. Compared to the gigantic PS5, which I do have, is the Series X any smaller or shorter in height? Right now, I have a Series S and I plan to put the Series X in it's place on my tv stand but wonder if it will fit in that space. The space is taller more than it is wide. My other question is, if I can't place Series X vertically, can it be placed horizontally? Thoughts and help appreciated :)
The series x is not as tall as the ps5. It's somewhat wide. You can probably get dimensions at Amazon.com.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country

One thing to note is that the fan is located on the top of the Series X, so be careful of ventilation.

But yes the console can be placed horizontally:
https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/help/hardware-network/console/position-ventilate-console

As for the dimensions:
https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/consoles/compare

Baoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For now the only external storage that work without issue on Xbox S/X game is the official one Seagete, but is too wxpansive in mine opinion.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For now the only external storage that work without issue on Xbox S/X game is the official one Seagete, but is too wxpansive in mine opinion.
Doesn't surprise me. I don't plan to use extended storage ps5 or the series x due to cost.

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There are a few series x/s games that can be played from just a USB external hdd. Ori and the will of the wisps is one and I know there are a few more but in total there are not very many.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are a few series x/s games that can be played from just a USB external hdd. Ori and the will of the wisps is one and I know there are a few more but in total there are not very many.
I've got that game for switch, but I didn't know any series x games worked with an hdd. I only have like 6 sx games. by far most games I have are bc ones.

Reactions: fringle

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've got that game for switch, but I didn't know any series x games worked with an hdd. I only have like 6 sx games. by far most games I have are bc ones.
Yeah I kind of realized it by accident before I had the expanded storage since I would copy stuff to external when I needed to free up space. Noticed after I did it didn't have the little icon indicating it needed to be copied back so tried it and it worked. I think Rocket League is another and a few more but can't remember off the top of my head.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I kind of realized it by accident before I had the expanded storage since I would copy stuff to external when I needed to free up space. Noticed after I did it didn't have the little icon indicating it needed to be copied back so tried it and it worked. I think Rocket League is another and a few more but can't remember off the top of my head.
I noticed one of my games without an x/s was put on the internal m2. I put it on my external.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1