Hacking Are there any programs out there that can send inputs to the wii u?

warspyking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wish to program inputs to send to my existing wii u. I do not care how this is done:

• Send from pc to wii u.
  • Send pc to a controller to a wii u
  • Send from pc to an emulated wii u

The only requirements is it has to be for Windows, and (in the case of an emulated wii u) I must be able to connect to the Nintendo network.

I basically want to be able to use my pc as a controller. Any ideas?

Neouni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can control a wiiu from linux, by simulating the controller with a modified wifi signal.
In theory it can be done from windows too, but can't find anyone who bothered.

Pull apart your controller and attach wires to it leading to a PC,
yeah why not go for it.

CEMU does not support networking, and even if it did you need to extract the cert and data from a working wiiu first.
And you would get banned in an instant.
There is quite a bit of discussion about it in another topic.

Another case of, didn't know there was a search function.

warspyking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd rather not damage my controller, because I wouldn't know what to do.

Say I wanted to get some people to do this for Windows, where would the best place to look be?

D

Deleted User

Yeah, you can use a USB keyboard as a controller on your console by using the HID-to-VPAD software. That's probably the closest you can get to a PC-based controller on Windows (by skipping Windows all together).

Reactions: Subtle Demise

warspyking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Home brew certainly isn't an option for me as I do not want to potentially damage anything I have.

Is there a way for my laptop to pretend it's a wiimote?

rw-r-r_0644

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Home brew certainly isn't an option for me as I do not want to potentially damage anything I have.

Homebrew won't damage your WiiU because it's still just using RAM and to totally remove the homebrew you just need to reboot your WiiU (as far as you don't use things like wupinstaller); it would be the easiest soultion

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
There's stuff like drc-sim but again, only on Linux. You could try creating an Ubuntu liveUSB and booting off that for a temporary Linux solution.

Also, if you're thinking of making a TASBot-esque thing and you connect it to the Nintendo Network... Can you please not? We're kinda already on thin ice with Nintendo right now (possibly the only reason they haven't started mass-banning consoles is because our backup loader doesn't do online) and having people start rocketing to the top of the leaderboards with perfect scores will be the needle that breaks the camel's back. If that happens, I can basically guarantee that BoTW will come with a system update that patches all exploits.

Last edited by QuarkTheAwesome, , Reason: no online TASBot please he's awesome but not online

Neouni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

I don't imagine swinging your laptop in front of the TV is something I recommend.
I know you want keyboard\mouse but that's the first thing that pops in many minds.

There used to be a project for emulating wiimote on android phones, but i believe it has been abandoned.

warspyking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Homebrew won't damage your WiiU because it's still just using RAM and to totally remove the homebrew you just need to reboot your WiiU (as far as you don't use things like wupinstaller); it would be the easiest soultion

I looked it up and thought doing it incorrectly could brick the console?

There's stuff like drc-sim but again, only on Linux. You could try creating an Ubuntu liveUSB and booting off that for a temporary Linux solution.

Also, if you're thinking of making a TASBot-esque thing and you connect it to the Nintendo Network... Can you please not? We're kinda already on thin ice with Nintendo right now (possibly the only reason they haven't started mass-banning consoles is because our backup loader doesn't do online) and having people start rocketing to the top of the leaderboards with perfect scores will be the needle that breaks the camel's back. If that happens, I can basically guarantee that BoTW will come with a system update that patches all exploits.

I just want to send inputs to the wii u, not make software designed for slowing down/save states.

I don't imagine swinging your laptop in front of the TV is something I recommend.
I know you want keyboard\mouse but that's the first thing that pops in many minds.

There used to be a project for emulating wiimote on android phones, but i believe it has been abandoned.

Hahahahahahaha that literally made me laugh. Yeah I promise not to swing it around XD

As for the android phone things, I attempted to contact someone who was somewhat a part of that, but my form of contacting him was a message on a site he seemingly no longer uses. Getting input from these people would probably help a lot.

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
I looked it up and thought doing it incorrectly could brick the console?
So far the only brick risk is the WUP Installer. All other homebrew completely disappears once the console is rebooted.
The only other issue is Nintendo, who bans some people using texture mods online. If you're careful though, your NNID will be fine and the console itself is unbrickable anyway.

Reactions: rw-r-r_0644

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
So far the only brick risk is the WUP Installer. All other homebrew completely disappears once the console is rebooted.
The only other issue is Nintendo, who bans some people using texture mods online. If you're careful though, your NNID will be fine and the console itself is unbrickable anyway.
Is there any brick risk at all? Thought the WUP Installer Would work on a Level that can't damage the Wii U, like any other app can't.

Besides, we saw what MK8 earlier on did to Wii U's, aka. bricking them once played so yeah, there must be somewhere a bug or something...

warspyking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

That's reassuring, I might resort to that

Reactions: rw-r-r_0644

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any brick risk at all? Thought the WUP Installer Would work on a Level that can't damage the Wii U, like any other app can't.

Besides, we saw what MK8 earlier on did to Wii U's, aka. bricking them once played so yeah, there must be somewhere a bug or something...
I used to screw around with MK8 and cafiine, but I never got banned, much less bricked. The odds of your Wii U bricking in this case are incredibly low.

Reactions: Deleted User

warspyking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I guess the internet has a lot of information because I learnt that they are very risky and could ruin your console.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It would still be preferred if there was another way to do this, preferably only involving software on the computer. Is there definitely no currently-available method to trick the wii u that a windows 10 computer/laptop is a controller?

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess the internet has a lot of information because I learnt that they are very risky and could ruin your console.
Some homebrew is. Like 3ds homebrew; that can be risky as hell (take for instance sysUpdater, A9LH, etc.). But Wii U homebrew is absolutely temporary, and does not have the capability to harm your console (other than WUPInstaller).

warspyking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you explain WHY you want this, more people MAY help ...

Knowing why I want it doesn't change if it already exists or not, but here goes...

I want to control my inputs on laptop so I can program my inputs, specifically for Super Mario Make, because you see I'm into kaizo-genre mario, and would like to test things, show things to other people (which would require an upload, so I definitely need nintendo network connection), and perhaps even discover new tricks. My reasons are legitimate, I'm not just going to go out there and completely obliterate every panga level or something.

pietempgba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have atleast a core i5 and 6g of ram and homebrew you can dump your game and save if you have mario maker or you can pirate it at that site for things and use cemu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended