Hacking Are there any new slot 1 cards on the horizon....

snazzypants

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
that will have GBA support? I haven't been following the scene very closely and I was wondering if a new slot 1, expandable solution is being developed that will allow for GBA play. I am just now upgrading to a DS lite from my old DS Phat and M3 slim and right now R4 looks like the best choice...though it would be really nice to have the option for gba. So I want to know if I should just wait it out a bit and upgrade later or bite on the R4 now.

Thanks for your input.

snazzypants

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh, well I feel stupid now.

Hate to be a complete, needy newb, but what is the general consensus on the EZ-F V? The review says it has good compatibility...is this true with gba games too? Are they good with updates, if they are necessary?

Also, is it possible to use my saves from the M3 with the EZ-F V?

dbgtdob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that will have GBA support? I haven't been following the scene very closely and I was wondering if a new slot 1, expandable solution is being developed that will allow for GBA play. I am just now upgrading to a DS lite from my old DS Phat and M3 slim and right now R4 looks like the best choice...though it would be really nice to have the option for gba. So I want to know if I should just wait it out a bit and upgrade later or bite on the R4 now.

Thanks for your input.

Oh, well I feel stupid now.Â

Hate to be a complete, needy newb, but what is the general consensus on the EZ-F V? The review says it has good compatibility...is this true with gba games too? Are they good with updates, if they are necessary?

Also, is it possible to use my saves from the M3 with the EZ-F V?

the EZ flash V comes with a gba slot 2 pack, its very limited though, it can only hold 1 gba game at a time, but it supports dipstar (gameshark like program), the M3 supported it on their slot 2 flash carts, but the main draw of the the ez flash V combo is that teh gba slot 2 pack comes with opera browser ram so you can browse the internet and it is a rumble pack as well, as you can see by the review by gbatemp, gba support is 100%, its fairly cheap to buy the bundle set.

here is a good deal on one.

package-small.jpg

ezv-plus-small.jpg

bottom-small.jpg

http://www.winsunx.com/index.php?mod=Devel...ols.ware&id=788
($41.60 plus expensive shipping) expensive shipping for example its $18.81 shipping to north america and close to $27 for shipment to the UK, so shop around on a good deal near you.

you can get a cheap 1gb micro sd on amazon.com for about $4 plus shipping most of them come out around $12 after shipping.

also be warned some places sell them separately, while others sell them bundled read carefully.

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The expansion can be used with ANY slot 1 card for GBA and RAM. Rumble will sure come in the future, it's already being worked on.

snazzypants

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ah, thanks for the replies. I don't see myself playing more than one gba game at a time so that's all good. But, if I have a gba game loaded on the expansion, can I still use web browser capabilities?

Has anyone ever ordered from here before?
http://echostore.com/ezflash.html

Also, I'm still wondering if the saves are the same between M3 and EZ-F V. Thanks

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ah, thanks for the replies. I don't see myself playing more than one gba game at a time so that's all good. But, if I have a gba game loaded on the expansion, can I still use web browser capabilities?Â

Has anyone ever ordered from here before?
http://echostore.com/ezflash.html

Also, I'm still wondering if the saves are the same between M3 and EZ-F V. Thanks

1. Yes you can still use the web browser.

2. I would recommend this place: http://www.realhotstuff.com/ez-flash-ez-v-c-58_59.html. You can use the code RHS07 when you checkout to get 5% off.

3. The saves are different, M3 uses .dat files, while EZ uses .sav files for saves. But you can convert them.

joey4321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will "EZV expansion" slot two work with r4? I only need a slot two, since I already purchased a r4 when it first came out. if the EZV doesn't work, what are some alternatives? (sorry if i kinda hijacked this thread...

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

unkadean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@snazzypants -

I have ordered an R4 from Echostore and have had no problems with it. They sent me the R4 in its retail box. I also received my package in about 3 days, and I live on the west coast of the U.S. I would buy from them again if needed.
biggrin.gif

Propionation

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@snazzypants -

I have ordered an R4 from Echostore and have had no problems with it. They sent me the R4 in its retail box. I also received my package in about 3 days, and I live on the west coast of the U.S. I would buy from them again if needed.Â
biggrin.gif
He is looking for a slot one solution that supports both GBA and DS.

EZ Flash V with the 3 in 1 is currently the best. Personally I'm still holding out for M3 to release something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c