I like pie
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can now use the R4 or the other slot 1 carts to load GBA games in the 3 in 1 expansion pack for EZ V.
BigBoss from the EZ forum has released his program.

The software to do what you want is still in production, but a workable version is availabe from BigBoss
currently: http://www.tabbal.net/copyTest-TR7.zip

Discussion on it is in the thread here:http://ezflash.sosuke.com/post-30693.html#30693

To use it, basically do this:
-Get the program and patch it with the appropriate DLDI for your slot 1 device, and stick it on your microSD card somewhere. Instructions, dldi files and dldi patching programs can be found here:
http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/
-Make a folder in the root of your microSD card and name it "GBA" (without quotes)
-Inside that folder, make another and name it "Save" (without quotes) so you now have x:/GBA/Save
-Obtain EZ4 client, and use it to patch your GBA games (GBA homebrew shouldn't need patches)
-put the patched *.gba files into the GBA directory on your microSD
-run the program on your DS, use left/right to pick a file and follow the on screen dialog
-supports 2 banks, 0 and 128 (halfway through the NOR). Press R and L to toggle the bank. Make sure you don't use ROMs larger than 16MB or you will overflow the bank. A to flash as usuall. Note that SRAM will be updated as if it were a single ROM.
-when it is done, turn off your DS, remove the Slot 1 card, turn on your DS and in it's menu press the start GBA button.
-If you want to boot from the slot 1 to the expansion pack use this app:gbaswitch
-When you change to a different game, it should backup the save file to the Save directory you created earlier

Many thanks to BigBoss and cory1492. Without them, this would not be possible.

Volsfan91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a ton for the info. That's pretty cool- it would be a super cheap, great option to add to the M3 Simply I've got lying around. To me, it's the best way to add GBA support, browser support, and improved homebrew support.

aslacker55

I like pie
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a ton for the info. That's pretty cool- it would be a super cheap, great option to add to the M3 Simply I've got lying around. To me, it's the best way to add GBA support, browser support, and improved homebrew support.

smile.gif

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Does Bamboogaming ship their stuff in a regular envelope, if they do, I not buying from them. It's not the envelope, it's the fact that they charge like $7-9 more for shipping then should have to. Shipping should be like a dollar or two.

Browser support is here!

Takrin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does Bamboogaming ship their stuff in a regular envelope, if they do, I not buying from them. It's not the envelope, it's the fact that they charge like $7-9 more for shipping then should have to. Shipping should be like a dollar or two.

Browser support is here!

last few times i ordered from them they come in item only meaning no box, for my acekard i just got a manual, cd, acekard and for my m3 simply was the same no box

oh in case i misunderstood you, they mail in bubble envelope.

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I hope this don’t drain the battery as much as the R4/ M3 combo.
Because that’s killing my battery life big time, compared to just running the R4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Were actually bots