Are there any new slot 1 cards on the horizon....

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by snazzypants, Mar 30, 2007.

1. snazzypants
    OP

Newcomer snazzypants Member

that will have GBA support? I haven't been following the scene very closely and I was wondering if a new slot 1, expandable solution is being developed that will allow for GBA play. I am just now upgrading to a DS lite from my old DS Phat and M3 slim and right now R4 looks like the best choice...though it would be really nice to have the option for gba. So I want to know if I should just wait it out a bit and upgrade later or bite on the R4 now.

Thanks for your input.

2. GBA_Temper

Member GBA_Temper *KING OF GBATEMP*

United States
    Ez-Flash V has all THAT

3. snazzypants
    OP

Oh, well I feel stupid now.

Hate to be a complete, needy newb, but what is the general consensus on the EZ-F V? The review says it has good compatibility...is this true with gba games too? Are they good with updates, if they are necessary?

Also, is it possible to use my saves from the M3 with the EZ-F V?

4. dbgtdob

Member dbgtdob GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    the EZ flash V comes with a gba slot 2 pack, its very limited though, it can only hold 1 gba game at a time, but it supports dipstar (gameshark like program), the M3 supported it on their slot 2 flash carts, but the main draw of the the ez flash V combo is that teh gba slot 2 pack comes with opera browser ram so you can browse the internet and it is a rumble pack as well, as you can see by the review by gbatemp, gba support is 100%, its fairly cheap to buy the bundle set.

here is a good deal on one.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://www.winsunx.com/index.php?mod=Devel...ols.ware&id=788
    ($41.60 plus expensive shipping) expensive shipping for example its $18.81 shipping to north america and close to $27 for shipment to the UK, so shop around on a good deal near you.

you can get a cheap 1gb micro sd on amazon.com for about $4 plus shipping most of them come out around $12 after shipping.

also be warned some places sell them separately, while others sell them bundled read carefully.

5. -EX-

Banned -EX- Racer

Japan
    The expansion can be used with ANY slot 1 card for GBA and RAM. Rumble will sure come in the future, it's already being worked on.

6. GBA_Temper

Member GBA_Temper *KING OF GBATEMP*

United States
    well I would recommend G6DS Real but I havn't heard of the GBA Compatibility MODE...

7. snazzypants
    OP

Ah, thanks for the replies. I don't see myself playing more than one gba game at a time so that's all good. But, if I have a gba game loaded on the expansion, can I still use web browser capabilities?

Has anyone ever ordered from here before?
    http://echostore.com/ezflash.html

Also, I'm still wondering if the saves are the same between M3 and EZ-F V. Thanks

8. aslacker55

Member aslacker55 I like pie

United States
    1. Yes you can still use the web browser.

2. I would recommend this place: http://www.realhotstuff.com/ez-flash-ez-v-c-58_59.html. You can use the code RHS07 when you checkout to get 5% off.

3. The saves are different, M3 uses .dat files, while EZ uses .sav files for saves. But you can convert them.

9. joey4321

Newcomer joey4321 Member

United States
    will "EZV expansion" slot two work with r4? I only need a slot two, since I already purchased a r4 when it first came out. if the EZV doesn't work, what are some alternatives? (sorry if i kinda hijacked this thread...

10. aslacker55

Member aslacker55 I like pie

United States
    Yes, it will work but you would have to use a homebrew app: CopyTest. You can read more about it here:http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=46742.

11. unkadean

Newcomer unkadean Member

United States
    @snazzypants -

I have ordered an R4 from Echostore and have had no problems with it. They sent me the R4 in its retail box. I also received my package in about 3 days, and I live on the west coast of the U.S. I would buy from them again if needed. [​IMG]

12. Propionation

Newcomer Propionation Advanced Member

United States
    He is looking for a slot one solution that supports both GBA and DS.

EZ Flash V with the 3 in 1 is currently the best. Personally I'm still holding out for M3 to release something.