ROM Hack Are the sun and moon leak saves safe to import and go online with?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 17,580
  • Replies 100

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have physical copy and has the version 0. does that mean im not able to play online or if i do, will i get ban?
You should be fine with any copy. You have my garantee.

I just connected to the eshop and tested online and everything still works.

Last edited by gamefan5,
Reactions: Raymond7 and Khim09

Khim09

Trophies
XP
Country
You should be fine with any copy. You have my garantee.

I just connected to the eshop and tested online and everything still works.
Thankyou, btw im using moon leaked saved file imported to physical sun, am i fine with that? thanks.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thankyou, btw im using moon leaked saved file imported to physical sun, am i fine with that? thanks.
Not only have I used the leaked Cia file, but also its save imported to my physical moon copy. :)

In both it works. If you absolutely did not connect to the servers befire the release date, you should be fine.

Reactions: Khim09

MethFred

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh shit i transferred my save pretty early into moon to sun and ive made it to the team skull hideout without noticing anything weird. does this mean my shit just wont work after a certain point?

W-wait, I just transfered my Moon to sun, how to know if I missed events?

I don't know about story progression, but I can confirm that switching versions would not let me catch Lunala/Solgaleo or obtain Cosmog post-game (via day/night portal).

D

Deleted User

OP
I don't know about story progression, but I can confirm that switching versions would not let me catch Lunala/Solgaleo or obtain Cosmog post-game (via day/night portal).
Can you confirm if you transferred a lurantus save from moon over to freeshop moon if events deactivate aswell? I already had the game beat and cosmog by the time I transferred but I was able to get that last ultra beast after transfering,through the event in the grass,so I think it's fine if you transfer to the same Pokemon game version.

Last edited by ,

fjdjks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aw shit i fucked up then, how far were you in the game when u switched?

MethFred

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you confirm if you transferred a lurantus save from moon over to freeshop moon if events deactivate aswell? I already had the game beat and cosmog by the time I transferred but I was able to get that last ultra beast after transfering,through the event in the grass,so I think it's fine if you transfer to the same Pokemon game version.

Moon save to moon cart/digital/cia works fine. It's something in the save format that makes the other version bug out.

aw shit i fucked up then, how far were you in the game when u switched?

I tested this in front of Lunala (after KO'ing, it's a forced capture) and post-game (only after E4/Tapu Koko). I would suggest continuing on and seeing if the game works properly.

fjdjks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Moon save to moon cart/digital/cia works fine. It's something in the save format that makes the other version bug out.

I tested this in front of Lunala (after KO'ing, it's a forced capture) and post-game (only after E4/Tapu Koko). I would suggest continuing on and seeing if the game works properly.
ight imma keep playing then. i got the moon flute already idk if that means anything and the misquito ub flew out the sky in that one cutscene. was lunala just not there?

MethFred

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ight imma keep playing then. i got the moon flute already idk if that means anything and the misquito ub flew out the sky in that one cutscene. was lunala just not there?

Solgaleo was not there in Sun using a save from Moon. Using the same version was fine.

QCLasky

Pro cat lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You can't use the leak.The leak has version 0 so that is why I'm assuming you have the leak installed.You eather need the cartridge copy of the game or the eshop/freeshop version of the game(version 32 for sun and 16 for moon) to go online.You also have to make shure that the copy of the game got released for your region,you can easily do this by going to the eshop and checking if the game is available to buy (delete the leaks software and ticket first though before entering the eshop to decrease your chance of getting banned)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's best not to risk that.The leak comes from 4chan and is a reviewer copy so it's very likely it's rigged from going online.There is also a bug on it where if you enter the eshop and go to. The sun and moon section it asks you to update which isn't actually the update.

whats os this 0 thing? im playing the game from freeshop but the save file is from the leak

castdreams

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Version 0 only means that it's a cartridge dump, which is 100% safe to use online now that the game has been released.

Anyone who says that version 0 is not safe to play online is straight up wrong. I REALLY wish people would stop spreading false information :/

Idk how many times I have to post this before people get the picture...

D

Deleted User

OP
whats os this 0 thing? im playing the game from freeshop but the save file is from the leak
Actually disregarde the leak being unsafe.Its been about a week now and no one with lurantis after release is banned so you can do whatever you want so long as the game is released in your consoles eshop

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Version 0 only means that it's a cartridge dump, which is 100% safe to use online now that the game has been released.

Anyone who says that version 0 is not safe to play online is straight up wrong. I REALLY wish people would stop spreading false information :/

Idk how many times I have to post this before people get the picture...
It wasn't the fact that the dump was version 0,it was the fact that the leak code named lurantis was what everyone used to go online with before release.So there was controversy wether it was the lurantis dump that was rigged or if they where only after people online early.Since its almost a week now and no one is banned on lurantis after release it seems safe to say its ok to keep.

Last edited by ,

Vultix93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Solgaleo was not there in Sun using a save from Moon. Using the same version was fine.
You have to change all the savegame setting using PKhex. Using Pkhex, go to the trainer info tab and change everything that has moon written in it to sun and try if it works.

Loha301

Trophies
XP
Country
I got a cart for now and wanna use the save file from leaking game. Will it be ok to go online if i still using the pokemon that i catch before the release day in online battle?

D

Deleted User

OP
I got a cart for now and wanna use the save file from leaking game. Will it be ok to go online if i still using the pokemon that i catch before the release day in online battle?
Yup lurantis/leak saves are safe to import to all carts and cia's

Loha301

Trophies
XP
Country
Yup lurantis/leak saves are safe to import to all carts and cia's
My friend told me that there is some risky if i using the pokemon that i catch before the releasing day, cuz nintendo might find out these pokemon. He not sure with that but i got some nervous :((.
The other reason i want to used the old save file because i got a shiny Decidueye for the first time, so I don't want to leave him :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__