ROM Hack Are Patches such as language patches bannable if physical copy owned

Gess1t

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If i own a physical copy of the game, what happen if i use a language patch? will Nintendo see i actually have a patch running and ban me? if yes, even if all setting to avoid most ban waves are setup correctly?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Has there been a ban wave lately for the 3ds?

Anyway unless you keep the thing offline or do all your modding on an offline NAND/restore a clean NAND every time then any mod risks a ban. Some are more risky than others. Same applies to the game mods themselves and most translation hacks or language tweaks will probably not care too much about being any kind of stealthy, though also may not inherently be as ban catching as some cheats and other such mods.

Generally though if you hack you risk a ban. I would ask though do you actually care about Nintendo's online?

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's almost impossible to get banned on the 3DS these days and nintendo probably can't see that you're running a language patch
I used mods/patches many times and I didn't get banned or anything

Gess1t

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Has there been a ban wave lately for the 3ds?

Anyway unless you keep the thing offline or do all your modding on an offline NAND/restore a clean NAND every time then any mod risks a ban. Some are more risky than others. Same applies to the game mods themselves and most translation hacks or language tweaks will probably not care too much about being any kind of stealthy, though also may not inherently be as ban catching as some cheats and other such mods.

Generally though if you hack you risk a ban. I would ask though do you actually care about Nintendo's online?

apparently, some peoples still manage to get banned out there.
yes as i also finish the online part of those games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y