1. Gess1t

OP Gess1t Member
    Newcomer

France
    If i own a physical copy of the game, what happen if i use a language patch? will Nintendo see i actually have a patch running and ban me? if yes, even if all setting to avoid most ban waves are setup correctly?

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    Has there been a ban wave lately for the 3ds?

Anyway unless you keep the thing offline or do all your modding on an offline NAND/restore a clean NAND every time then any mod risks a ban. Some are more risky than others. Same applies to the game mods themselves and most translation hacks or language tweaks will probably not care too much about being any kind of stealthy, though also may not inherently be as ban catching as some cheats and other such mods.

Generally though if you hack you risk a ban. I would ask though do you actually care about Nintendo's online?

3. Extrasklep

Extrasklep gbaTemp Fan

Poland
    It's almost impossible to get banned on the 3DS these days and nintendo probably can't see that you're running a language patch
    I used mods/patches many times and I didn't get banned or anything

4. Gess1t

OP Gess1t Member
    Newcomer

France
    apparently, some peoples still manage to get banned out there.
    yes as i also finish the online part of those games.

5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    I have not heard of any, and it's very unlikely to happen now as the 3DS has reached EOL.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - language, bannable, physical