OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
simplephilistine.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, dunno if this is the right board or not but since DS has "Hacking/Translations" I thought this could sorta be the Wii equivalent.
Anyways is there anyone currently working on an undub? I stumbled upon Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World randomly a while back and its was already in v1.1 stage.
So Id rather not miss this one if its happening. If this is in the wrong board or not allowed I apologize and gladly ask for the mods to remove the thread.

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's happening. Expect it relatively soon. Just so you know, though, the Japanese VA is awful (though one could argue that it's not quite as bad as the English dub).

UVERoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
simplephilistine.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Tagg7 said:
It's happening. Expect it relatively soon. Just so you know, though, the Japanese VA is awful (though one could argue that it's not quite as bad as the English dub).
Haha yea I know. I was telling people that all along. The JP audio is pretty bad for Japanese standards but still its much more bearable than the english dub.

Tonyt147

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tagg7 said:

If possible, could you provide some source and/or confirmation for this project either through the board or pm (if it's sensitive)...or are you yourself responsible for it? Don't wanna sound rude, just wanna be certain so I won't be waiting in vain ^^ thanks

misteroms

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I would like some info too
smile.gif

kaizer3000

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
or...you could find those guys that did the undub for tales of symphonia and asks them if they wanna take up the challenge...

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kaizer3000 said:
or...you could find those guys that did the undub for tales of symphonia and asks them if they wanna take up the challenge...
I don't know why Tales of Symphonia was undub, the voice acting wasn't bad at all imo. They at least had emotions unlike this game.

kaizer3000

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
ever heard of "by fans, and only for fans" ?

not everyone can get accustomed to English VA...even me.

Take PSP's Persona 3 Portable for example. English VA is ok, but I still prefer getting the undub version...hearing westerners saying "xxx-senpai" is just too plain weird for me...and besides, Japanese people do not call people by their first names normally, they call them by their family names first...eg: Kirijo senpai was used in Japanese VA while in English version, the guys call her Mitsuru senpai....to me it is a bit disrespectful in regard to japanese customs and not being true to the translation...

Add on note:
besides, i did learn a lot of japanese speeches (simple ones..sadly) from undub games...so hey, if i can enjoy a game while learning a new language at the same time, why not?? XD

gamefreak94

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wait you learn japanese from undubbed games? WHAT! That's just like learning japanese from watching some subbed anime show. Learning japanese like that is a bad way to learn, unless your a super genius that even surpasses Einstien and once you here a language you learn. But seriously, thats not a good way to learn japanese, and if it was, heck everyone who watches subbed anime would know japanese.
Also about the voice acting, I know it depends on the person. Thats why i said IMO.

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gamefreak94 said:
Wait you learn japanese from undubbed games? WHAT! That's just like learning japanese from watching some subbed anime show. Learning japanese like that is a bad way to learn, unless your a super genius that even surpasses Einstien and once you here a language you learn. But seriously, thats not a good way to learn japanese, and if it was, heck everyone who watches subbed anime would know japanese.
Also about the voice acting, I know it depends on the person. Thats why i said IMO.
I watch subbed anime only and I have a ton of Japanese language knowledge because of it. I know many common words and can figure out many a sentence just from listening because of it.

gamefreak94

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sonicandtails said:
gamefreak94 said:
I watch subbed anime only and I have a ton of Japanese language knowledge because of it. I know many common words and can figure out many a sentence just from listening because of it.
So what you are saying is that you can have a intelligent conversation with someone who is Japanese? Also knowing common words like kawai or sugoi or saying desu after every sentence isn't that hard to learn, also it's just bad grammar. Also i have no knowledge in the japanese language so who am i to judge.

naoan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
There isn't anything in his post implying that he can hold a conversation with a Japanese fluent person, yes learning it solely through listening is bad but what's wrong with getting familiar with a specific language? It'll certainly come in handy when he decide to seriously learn it.

And I learned English mostly from playing RPG since I was little, it certainly is not perfect but help me immensely in the english class.

Julian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kaizer3000 said:

Do you mean Tales of Symphonia 1 or 2?
wink.gif

This is ending up being a little more challenging than I expected, mostly because it's being really slow (like 30min) every time I rebuild the image. Did you know, they removed the voice acting from all of the skits? Just like in ToS. Fun.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
nIxx said:
OriginalHamster said:
I could be possible do the same from a retail disc?, someway in which the system take the voices from the SD intead the disc?

Yes with riivolution http://rvlution.net/riiv/Main_Page (you can even stream files with RiiFS good for testing) but only for originals btw. if you have a Mod-Chip

I don't have mod-chip, but I can launch my games from Gecko/NeoGamma, I'm assuming that it works the same way as ocarina cheats =P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work