AR Duo Max (GBA/DS) PC-End Software

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Arecaidian Fox, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Arecaidian Fox
    OP

Arecaidian Fox Pink Foxi

Sep 5, 2013
    United States
    Snohomish, WA
    Alright, first, apologies if I've posted this in the wrong place, but considering the objective in this, it seemed the best spot. Now, I have recently made my DSTWO my go-to item on my DS Lite, and picked up ROMs for pretty much my entire library of retail carts. The problem I have encountered is in transferring my save data from the retail carts over on to my Supercard. I managed to blow the dust off of my old Action Replay Duo Max (for those who don't know, the Duo Max is an old GBA AR that has a slot in it for retail DS carts, enabling users to make backups of their DS savedata), and found the proper PC driver to enable it to connect. The problem is with my PC end software, the actual manager for it. The software on the PC end and the firmware on the AR itself share the same version number to prevent confusion, and they both must be the same version in order to communicate over USB. The software available on the Datel site is version 1.06. The firmware on my AR is 1.01. The only way to update the firmware is to use the PC software. So, if you've managed to lose your original install disk (which definitely happens over many a year), you are effectively boned.

So, my question is if anyone can point me to a DL for a v1.01 installer for the manager for AR Duo Max, or if anyone would be willing to make a copy of their installer (provided that is within the bounds of the forum rules, it seemed a bit vague in regards to something like this)?

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    I do not have a copy of the tool and if it is not up on filetrip then I am left with searching.
    I am mainly here to say forest for the trees/you are asking the wrong question. Even if you do not have a nice GBA slot cart there are wifi related DS programs and other methods there for dumping saves which would likely be far easier in the long run.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-dump-your-own-3ds-ds-games-saves.274290/ has links/guides to various things.

3. Smash Br0

Smash Br0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 6, 2009
    United States
    Yeah, other programs would be easier. The MAX DUO doesn't even support a lot of DS games' saves. I tried using it to copy over my saves from Golden Sun: Dark Dawn and Mario Kart DS with no luck. :/

I do happen to have the original disc laying around here somewhere, though...

4. Arecaidian Fox
    OP

Arecaidian Fox Pink Foxi

Sep 5, 2013
    United States
    Snohomish, WA
    I've taken a look into other methods, pretty much all require extra hardware (at least that I've seen). I had been hoping to avoid putting more cash into the system, considering I've recently put finances into my flashcart and overclocking hardware (for heavy-load emulators and the like). Well, don't get something for nothing i guess. In the long run, I've probably saved more money by using my flashcart as my entire library versus hunting down retail carts :P . Thanks for the replies, and it sounds like it's time for me to make a "Plan B," lol.

5. KazoWAR

KazoWAR GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2008
    United States
    Winter Haven
    do you have a wireless router? that all you need to dump your saves.