Apple Sues Google-Phone Maker HTC for Stealing iPhone Technology

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You don't need source for that. Everyone just knows that Steve Jobs is evil and that he likes to eat kittens.
[/sarcasm]

As for the thread, Apple just went sue-crazy because the iPhone "coolness" effect is passing up, and sales are crashing. And now they blame competitors stealing technologies. Hah.

...Just got a HTC, by the way
smileipb2.png

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
maybe if the fucking thing wasn't so expensive and let you actually customize it etc peeps would start buying them more!
You mean being nazis(DRM) about being able to use winamp with it like the classic and the nano in the terms of ripping the content to local disk for your own listening pleasure?
ipod can supposedly have pics, but it's methods are fail; you can treat it as a camera and copy the pics on it to your pc, but you CAN'T put pics on the ipod from the PC, no.
You'll have to make a folder somewhere and dump them all in then you have to sync/nuke what's already on the ipod XD

apps shouldn't require itunes, especially when it comes to trying to back them up.
But whatever, weird device is weird.

kicknhorse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had a first generation ipod - which was ok, but really bad in some respects, especially transferring files elsewhere.

I cannot stand ipods now and will always be faithful to Archos! (I had an original archos years before the ipod came out and that is still better than the ipods!). Archos just keep getting more and more elite. Though I am unsure about the new andriod system's they are using on some (a lot have been Linux - Linux FTW!).

I get so pissed when your now looking at new stereos, and they are all designed to house ipods, man it annoys me so much.

Although I had a HTC, I loved it, but also had some problems with that. Especcially on battery consumption.

I was very excited about the ipad anticipation, but the second I saw it I was so disapointed - whats the point it just making it a massive iphone! It's just so pointless. I have always loved tablet pc's, and I cannot wait for the tablet war this summer as loads of new ones a released.

Also my friend brought various things from the istore, and had some problems with his ipod and lost them all. He had to pay Apple again to ge tthe same ones (which is just so whore-like - I mean even Microsoft (is it microsoft or sony) lets you download things as much as you like after you paid for them.

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Schizoanalysis said:
Last I heard, Apple © will take legal actions against apples for stealing the company's name & likeness...
Really? I heard they were planning a buyout, and absorbing them into their long list things they own.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
BoxShot, Omega_2, you get another hi-5 from me.

Everyone buy HTCs, quick! Apple is rotten!
See what I did there?
tpi.gif

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ugh. Apple's just trying to get everyone in the world to only either buy stuff or produce stuff for them, of which they can then profit. Come on, A LOT of things use the same technology as Apple's products one way or another...

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apple has sucked for a long time. They can take their $1000 iPhone and stuff it in ass. I'll take an android phone any day. Oh and iTunes sucks and that stupid tablet thing sucks too. I like to use my devices the way I want not the way apple wants me to use them.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
this is foolishness to keep suing and suing so as to stay safe... check out Phoenix wright/Apollo Justice and Edgeworth games, do u see any AP even? and still they are happy with the sales and is arguably the best series on the DS (and it has a good flow from one game to the other unlike Kingdom hearts and Metroid)

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
apple has been sued a lot by the stupidest things. for example the beatles sued them for having an apple as a logo when the beatle's logo is a straight up image of an apple and not even a real designed logo. everyone wants a piece of them pretty much and they do get ripped off plenty, but they get ripped of in very general ways that they really can't defend in court so my guess is that they are trying every patent they can to make their case.

you can't deny the similarity in many phones that have popped up that look and work just like an iphone. many have the same icons used in OS X just slightly different colors. they are profiting over Apple's image and desirability and they can't do much about it, so they work different angles.

at least apple fights other companies and not it's own clients as much. there are no license keys for their OS for example. yes there is DRM in iphone and there was DRM in music, but they are selling OTHER PEOPLE's stuff on it and they are pressured to protect it. the drm back in the ipod was not their doing it was the music companies and they take the blame for it.

look at nintedo. they go far and wide to protect their own games and not third party games. nintendo is truly greedy.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
nando said:
apple has been sued a lot by the stupidest things. for example the beatles sued them for having an apple as a logo when the beatle's logo is a straight up image of an apple and not even a real designed logo. everyone wants a piece of them pretty much and they do get ripped off plenty, but they get ripped of in very general ways that they really can't defend in court so my guess is that they are trying every patent they can to make their case.

you can't deny the similarity in many phones that have popped up that look and work just like an iphone. many have the same icons used in OS X just slightly different colors. they are profiting over Apple's image and desirability and they can't do much about it, so they work different angles.

at least apple fights other companies and not it's own clients as much. there are no license keys for their OS for example. yes there is DRM in iphone and there was DRM in music, but they are selling OTHER PEOPLE's stuff on it and they are pressured to protect it. the drm back in the ipod was not their doing it was the music companies and they take the blame for it.

look at nintedo. they go far and wide to protect their own games and not third party games. nintendo is truly greedy.
Yeah but Nintendo doesn't have any ownership over third party games so they really cannot do anything about it.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fgghjjkll said:
nando said:

Yeah but Nintendo doesn't have any ownership over third party games so they really cannot do anything about it.

neither does apple. they charge a fee to distribute just like nintendo charges a hefty licensing fee to put games on the wii. what's the difference?

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
nando said:
fgghjjkll said:
nando said:

neither does apple. they charge a fee to distribute just like nintendo charges a hefty licensing fee to put games on the wii. what's the difference?
I think that the licensing fee is for the NitroSDK. It's the publishers who release the games. Not Nintendo.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fgghjjkll said:
I think that the licensing fee is for the NitroSDK. It's the publishers who release the games. Not Nintendo.

no, for every game sold the publisher pays nitendo about 6(i pulled taht out of my ass
tongue.gif
but the fee is high) bucks. it used to be a lot more at one point.

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What a mother fucking evil company Apple is. Faggots trying to make a profit.
Those bitches at Apple, utilizing the retarded patent system to protect their innovations.
That rotten logo copies every other company out there!
You copied the AWESOME ultra-hyped highly coveted JooJoo cause you made a superior device that looks nicer and has better hardware and software for the same price. You even copied the JooJoo's superawesomeonefuction: web browsing, while adding MORE. YOU MONEY WHORE.

FUCK YOU, APPLE, I HATE YOU. YOU SUCK CAUSE YOU SUCK AND YOUR STUFF SUCKS YOU SUCKING AND SUCKY SUCK SUCKER SUCKLING SUCKED SUCK.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...