DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
What the hell is up with Apple? Is their competitive tactic is to just sue the competition so they can resume the monopoly they had!? Apple is suing competitors over the most stupid things! "App store" "Slide to unlock" "Touch interface" "Apps Interface" what the hell!? Most of Apple's innovations is because their now dead founder tinkered with phone lines! Don't believe me? Look up Phone Freaks and the history of Steve Jobs!

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the hell is up with Apple? Is their competitive tactic is to just sue the competition so they can resume the monopoly they had!? Apple is suing competitors over the most stupid things! "App store" "Slide to unlock" "Touch interface" "Apps Interface" what the hell!? Most of Apple's innovations is because their now dead founder tinkered with phone lines! Don't believe me? Look up Phone Freaks and the history of Steve Jobs!

That's...well...exactly what their tactic is. They're falling behind in both hardware and software, and can't seem to catch up. Android is speeding along, and if they ever get their shit together Windows Phone 7/8 might start beating them too. In terms of hardware, the iPhone has ceased to become anything special at all, and is running on name and brand alone. The OS is "friendly", but very closed off. And there's absolutely nothing it can do that something else can't do better, for cheaper.

So while they struggle to hold everyone back, to try and stay relevant, they're just going waste money while everyone merely keeps them at bay and continues doing what Apple thinks it's doing; innovating and improving.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Nobody likes bullies, hence the shit-throwing that happens.
If you actually care,
Sorry, I stopped right there. I care not what happens to them, they might as well take over the world for all I care. If the courts get owned by money-grubbing companies, it's their own damn fault for letting it happen.

I know, apathy is unhealthy, but hey, it's not like a fairy dies off somewhere every time I not give a care.

I just really hate bullies. If I didn't care about going to jail or dying, I'd probably have killed some. Horribly.

Reactions: 1 person

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hypocritical much, Apple? Your OS is based on UNIX, your Mac OS window scheme is based on Xerox's PARC interface, the original iPhone design was almost surely inspired by the LG Prada, the idea behind a keyboard-less phone stems from PocketPC's... and you're bickering over "slide to unlock"? Really? What a joke.

This pretty much sums it up. Very funny that Apples whines like a baby via the spokesperson.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You people act like apple never lost a lawsuit before. Theyve actually lost most. They do have a vendetta but they have been at the other end of the stick more than not and in the end the apple consumers wont care. Its mostly the apple haters that get consumed in threads like this about apple. So much energy put into a company you have no invesent in. Its quite sad. I own apple stock an even i dont care.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@[member='Urza']

Just not to cause another quote pyramid, I'll just reply here.

I can see what you are getting at, and I both agree and find it a problem. People need to be more aware about how certain business moves affect the entirety of the market and they need to have access to better info about what is currently going on on it to make the right choice for them, which is exactly why I' making a - perhaps slightly fussy - fit about it. Apple's actions againts Samsung restricted the sales of their handsets in many European countries, and even though Poland was not affected, I still find it worrying. Both you and I know that Apple is not doing this to protect their trademarked property but to restrict sales of competing products - they've done it before and they know they can get away with it, all for your tax money, no less. As for the seals paste remark, it's a well-known fact that Apple products are produced in factories known for their inhumane treatment of employees, I've read quite a few articles about it, and while Apple can't do much about it, they can always threaten to move to another factory.

As you said yourself, "nobody cares until an embargo comes into the picture or someone actually gets hurt" and yet Apple seemed unrestricted by those rules, winning lawsuit after lawsuit and practically restricting free market as a result, because how else are you supposed to call it?

Perhaps I am idealistic, but for consumers to truly make the right choice, awareness has to be risen to the appropriate level, and for that, people need to go off on one every now and then, so that the issues become noticed.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"it's a well-known fact that Apple products are produced in factories known for their inhumane treatment of employees"

If by "Apple" you mean most consumer electronics manufacturers in the world and by "inhumane" you mean below standards set by certain other countries (such as the US or Poland). These factory workers are sons and daughters, most of the legal working age despite what sensationalist attention-mongers such as Mike Daisey may claim, who now have the opportunity to get a paycheck to send back to the village to support their family. Yes, Foxconn does not impose the same regulations that us in more developed countries enjoy. They do however provide a stable income of more than what they would be earning doing farm labour, in superior working conditions. Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Sony; in funding these manufacturing lines they are providing more and better jobs to lower-class Chinese.

"Perhaps I am idealistic, but for consumers to truly make the right choice, awareness has to be risen to the appropriate level, and for that, people need to go off on one every now and then, so that the issues become noticed"

What is the "appropriate level"? Appearing in the business pages of newspapers across the nation? A part in the cable television news cycle? Mass blogging and tweeting? What about all the other issues in the world? Starvation and hunger in poverty stricken nations; faith killings in the middle-east; the destruction of the planet through de-forestation and pollution; or how about all the animals we do actually grind into paste on a global scale (chickens and cows are admittedly not as adorable as seals). Just to throw out a handful at the high-end of the scale.

People only have a certain amount of fucks they are capable of giving. Some are activists who can give many, while others are more apathetic. Everyone has a limit though, and since personal concerns consume the majority of mine (as is the case with most humans): if the fucks I have left are between my [hypothetical] grandson not having clean air to breath, or Chinese working long hours and not making as much as I do, I think my choice is pretty clear.

You can't care about everything, and the state of the consumer electronics industry is pretty low on the list for most.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
[insert rage filled anti-apple statement and rant here]...

seriously...i'm fucking sick of it. and had it up to here with Apple.

but competitors should create their own original technology, not steal ours."

i laughed my guts out when i read that what a bunch of fucking hypocrites!!!

First to release notification pane.

49galaxynexusscreenshot.jpg

Second to release notification pane.

2967d_medium_1200-notification-center.jpg

But Android is a stolen version of Apple's ORIGINAL iOS right??
3633-you-dont-say.jpg

Why doesn't fucking Google go after them for this??

Reactions: 1 person

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Every phone has it but they go after the products and not the head for some weird reason. Provably because every manufacturer has their own skin.

The problem remains that software patents don't work well. If somebody patents a device for threading wire through a wall or something somebody else can still come up with a different way of doing this and not infringe the patent. With software because all the code is back end and not in the patent different implementation is not taken into account. The problem should be code copyright and not a patent.
I might be oversimplifying but that's my 2 cents

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apple declined to comment on the case but a spokesman said: "We think competition is healthy, but competitors should create their own original technology, not steal ours."

"The spokesman proceed to twirl his mustache and shout, "Curses!" to the heavens. Muttley had no comment."

Reactions: 3 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...