Hacking Apparently the X1 bootrom was leaked

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats the base address ?
You are looking for a pastebin post about the tegra x1 boot rom. That one sentence has given you enough info where you should be able to use googlefu to find what you are looking for

Though if anyone knows some key details to help me googlefu the master keys I would love a hint ;)
Edit: lol nvm just used duckduckgo instead of google and found what I was looking for lol.
If you can't find it with google, try duckduckgo, you'll likely have better results.

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,
Reactions: Maximilious

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally, some fucking progress. Maybe now someone will release something without all the scene drama and dick wagging.

I don't see this being useful to the average Joe. Even with this, it will still take time. But yes, the ePeen contests should be less common now *cough* Team f0f *cough*.

DarkenSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@SciresM Could you comment on this? Is this good or bad?

I wonder if this will lead to a surge in release activity.
I wouldn't think it would good or bad as the whole switch hacking is based on hardware atm however it's bad for other tegra X1 devices as it will be a big security issue if it gets to the wrong hands.

Reactions: x65943

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't think it would good or bad as the whole switch hacking is based on hardware atm however it's bad for other tegra X1 devices as it will be a big security issue if it gets to the wrong hands.

Yup. That'll be fun.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think there is a single car here where I live with Tegra in them so at least here we are safe... Here we have like 2 or 3 old ferraris 360 modena. Tesla will arrive on the island in 2050 maybe :)

D

Deleted-442439

I guess this was coming regardless, but it is problematic... Sure we could potentially get hax earlier, but sane people obviously are freaking out because of what malicious actors will be able to do with this, there are reasons why the bootrom was closed source, with no documentation, if Fusee Gelee and other exploits are found now by others Nvidia's partners before the disclosure window they are going to have some real issues.

TerraPhantm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats the base address ?

Probably this

fbiNvvM.png

Reactions: recgame77

god88

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.techscene.it
XP
Country
Italy
NVIDIA underestimated piracy and hacking skills of the underground scene, Nintendo's in particular, when they partnered for the Switch. I feel like this will be the last time an NVIDIA-powered Nintendo console will be this easy to crack wide open. If this leads to problems to NVIDIA themselves, they're gonna go HAM with security the next round.
I bet hackers will break it though, one way or another.

Last edited by god88,

aerios169

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
NVIDIA underestimated piracy and hacking skills of the underground scene, Nintendo's in particular, when they partnered for the Switch. I feel like this will be the last time an NVIDIA-powered Nintendo console will be this easy to crack wide open. If this leads to problems to NVIDIA themselves, they're gonna go HAM with security the next round.
I bet hackers will break it though, one way or another.
well it wasn´t nintendo or switch who have fail, was nvidia at this point, is a bug of their chip not a bug of nintendo.

Why does it matter if this Kate reacts to it or not?
she is very nice and she never thinks only in herself, that is why she gave time to nvidia to check the problem, the point is that some one fuck it off leaking the bug

Last edited by aerios169,

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the bathroom dumped the idea that puts cars (wtf?) At risk is that someone will reverse the explore out of it?

Seriously what is this about teslas and stuff? There's no way that this stupid nintendo hacky exploit thing has any impact on automobiles

Last edited by TheZander,

god88

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.techscene.it
XP
Country
Italy
well it wasn´t nintendo or switch who have fail, was nvidia at this point, is a bug of their chip not a bug of nintendo.

she is very nice and she never thinks only in herself, that is why she gave time to nvidia to check the problem, the point is that some one fuck it off leaking the bug
That's what I'm saying. They probably thought their security was hacking proof, that's why they agreed with the X1 itself for the Switch instead of a custom made chip.
They had the possibility to strengthen security but didn't because of X1 chips being outright unused if not for a niche market.
With the bathroom dumped the idea that puts cars (wtf?) At risk is that someone will reverse the explore out of it?

Seriously what is this about teslas and stuff? There's no way that this stupid nintendo hacky exploit thing has any impact on automobiles
Exactly. This is kind of a big deal. Security concerns aren't just for the Switch.

Last edited by god88,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: LTT also did it