Anyway to lock the console in Airplane Mode? (restrict user homebrew maybe)

GabCupim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Trouble is:
I have a hacked NSwitch which my kids have access to, and I'm DAMN afraid that even that they are told not to, someone or a friend deactivates Airplane Mode and tries to update something or go online in Atmosphere mode (currently using Emunand).

I tried the standard Parental Control of the Switch itself, but it sucks
(you can lock social media linking, games by rating, and daily playtime limit, barely)

A tool that would prevent the user from accessing/modifying the system SETTINGS would do (I still can't believe you can't do that in the original Parental Controls, seriously WTF)

Anyone having the same issues found a solution?
I imagined that there would be a homebrew for doing so, but I couldn't find any :(

Any help or advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance!!

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trouble is:
I have a hacked NSwitch which my kids have access to, and I'm DAMN afraid that even that they are told not to, someone or a friend deactivates Airplane Mode and tries to update something or go online in Atmosphere mode (currently using Emunand).

(you can lock social media linking, games by rating, and daily playtime limit, barely)

A tool that would prevent the user from accessing/modifying the system SETTINGS would do (I still can't believe you can't do that in the original Parental Controls, seriously WTF)

I imagined that there would be a homebrew for doing so, but I couldn't find any :(

First turn off airplane mode and use DNS_MITM

Reactions: binkinator

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Trouble is:

You can send an IPS patch if using Atmospphere to block it, but if they go in to OFW that wouldn't do anything. So on your router you can log into the admin panel and block the mac address of the switch from being able to access the net. However if they use it outside of your network that would be a waste of time....

Reactions: impeeza

GabCupim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Put them up for adoption?
hands down for the best solution, LOL :rofl2:
Thanks for the tips, guys!

Turns out it's kinda hard to get banned via EMUNAND, thanks to incognito being active most of the times, protecting the system from connecting with Nintendo servers.

I just learnt how to remove SYSNAND from Hekate menu, and I think we`re cool now.
(still playing online with original games in Official mode)

I'll tell you what:
We've got some hacking and homebrew stuff going on since late 90', but...
DAMN. They took the Nintendo Switch somewhere high, high on our expectations.

The PSVITA, 3DS and XBOX 360 hacking scene can`t get nowhere near this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We are VR Troopers lol +1