Anyway to Extract IOS from ISO / Disc?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by StuMcBill, Jan 6, 2009.

Jan 6, 2009
  1. StuMcBill
    OP

Newcomer StuMcBill Member

Hi,

After trying to run Original Animal Crossing on my 3.2E with Starfall to avoid updates I was just getting a black screen when trying to run it.

I found out that I was missing an IOS file that was included on the disc. (IOS38 I think?)

Is there anyway I could have found out what was needed and ripped it from my disc myself?

I hope this makes sense!

StuMcBill

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    I think wufe is the application you search. It dumps all update files from original discs to sd card.

3. wanders

Newcomer wanders Advanced Member

United States
  4. StuMcBill
    OP

Thanks guys.

Is there anyway I can figure out what IOS's games need and a list of which ones are Homebrew Unfriendly?

5. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Just install all original IOS which aren't installed, with this you should be very safe. To look if you already have a IOS55 for example, just look with AnyTitleDeleter, if there is a IOS55 you could delete.

To look which IOS a game uses, you have several possibilities:
    - You could extract the tmd from the .iso and look with a hexeditor into it
    - You could use the IOS Version patcher on the .iso of the game to see what it says
    - You could just use SoftChip

The info which IOS is used is displayed very short in SoftChip, so you either have to have good eyes or to enable the logging and look into the logfile in /SoftChip/ on your sd card

6. wanders

Newcomer wanders Advanced Member

United States
    I can't think of a game dependency list so you'll have to check yourself somehow. That said, Animal Crossing is the only one that uses IOS38 AFAIK. And that new Need for Speed game uses IOS55. Everything else uses the ones you probably already have.

Anything IOS37 and above is inherently patched to fix the trucha bug. There are ways to patch the bug back in to at least some of them, but they're not really 'unfriendly' to homebrew if left as is. Just installing the IOS38 off your AC disc should be fine.

7. digitydogs

Member digitydogs 404 Error: Member Not Found

United States
    I'll have to do some searching, and check my memory card if that fails.... But wiigator released a tool specifically for seeing which ios a game uses. ill post with a link to it once i find it. [​IMG]

8. digitydogs

Member digitydogs 404 Error: Member Not Found

United States
  9. StuMcBill
    OP

Thanks that would be good!