Hacking AnyRegion Changer 1.1.2 (3.3K support modification by QLeap)

njtumaq

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
LEOMODE said:
i just got the GC working and get my wii go into the recovery menu (it displays 3.2U)

i just have genuine copies of Zelda TP and Resident Evil 4 atm

doesn't zelda TP have update in the disc? even though it's a lower firmware?

but it just gives me a black screen for like 5minutes still and nothing happens

can anyone verify if zelda CD works?

it displays 3.2U , that means your wii can be saved by using autoboot modified Zelda TP.
but 'cause original Zelda TP is not autoboot version , your unmod wii can run original disc only , so in order to booting the unoffical version of Zelda TP , u have two choice:
one , install one mod-chip
two , replace your drive with a modded drive , and when u save your wii back , u can replace it back

finally , running the autoboot Zelda TP just for executing ARC again , it's not for updating , it provides a chance of correcting your mistake of changing region

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
njtumaq said:
LEOMODE said:
i just got the GC working and get my wii go into the recovery menu (it displays 3.2U)

i just have genuine copies of Zelda TP and Resident Evil 4 atm

doesn't zelda TP have update in the disc? even though it's a lower firmware?

but it just gives me a black screen for like 5minutes still and nothing happens

can anyone verify if zelda CD works?

it displays 3.2U , that means your wii can be saved by using autoboot modified Zelda TP.
but 'cause original Zelda TP is not autoboot version , your unmod wii can run original disc only , so in order to booting the unoffical version of Zelda TP , u have two choice:
one , install one mod-chip
two , replace your drive with a modded drive , and when u save your wii back , u can replace it back

Hmm, if Flatmii would ever be released, it would be one of THE unbrick tools i think.

@LEOMODE:
If that what njtumaq is correct, and i think it is, i have a new idea, but it only has a 10 percent success chance:
If you have the backup launcher installed, try to autoboot a zelda backup which is IOS Version patched to IOS249. There a slight chance this works, but i doubt it.

LEOMODE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok i'll try that now thanks. i do have backup launcher installed with 249.

also i have japanese original game with an update (this cd definitely has an update)
but if i use this, would it able to work? what i'm thinking of are 2 ways:

1. since my US wii is 3.2U, it just wont read other region games (since it doesnt read backup games) so it just wont read it

2. it might change to firmware to 3.3J? but it'll be bricked even more? lol

LEOMODE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
by the way what do u mean by "which is IOS Version patched to IOS249"?

patching autoboot to zelda ios, do i need to patch 249 onto zelda also? if thats the case how can i do that? dont know;

Posts merged

njtumaq: in order to have a modded drive, can u just mod the drive?

or is it the drive that was inside the modified wii? which changes to drive to modded drive? since i never tried the chip on wii yet, i dont know what modded drive means.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
LEOMODE said:
by the way what do u mean by "which is IOS Version patched to IOS249"?

patching autoboot to zelda ios, do i need to patch 249 onto zelda also? if thats the case how can i do that? dont know;

Posts merged

njtumaq: in order to have a modded drive, can u just mod the drive?

or is it the drive that was inside the modified wii? which changes to drive to modded drive? since i never tried the chip on wii yet, i dont know what modded drive means.

You need to patch the .iso before burning with Waninkoko's IOS Version patcher, there should be a link to it here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=123...p;#entry1639626

QLeap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LEOMODE said:
well anyone?

i was searching online and i guess my only solution is to get

1. modchip, gc controller, and autoboot disc with an update
2. savemii, genuine game disc with an update (if no modchip installed)

right?

well i already msged qleap but you should edit your description to "if your firmware is U,J, or E, and if you change anything into KOREA or KOREAN without your wii being 3.3K, IT WILL BRICK YOUR WII"

the second option cannot fix your wii, because still your lang setting is in korean, okay?

so you can unbrick your wii with:

1. install modchip.
2. get in recovery mode with ngc controller or savemii
3. make an autoboot disc with AnyRegion Changer 1.1.2 mod
4. change your lang other than korean.

LEOMODE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
qleap, genuine update will not overwrite all the system files? hmm..i thought it would just overwrite all the files and settings to whatever the version of the gamedisc has.

LEOMODE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wiipower, i just did the autoboot patch and 249 patch onto the zelda iso and doesnt work ;;

i guess its just not reading the backup disc at all since its not modded
frown.gif

well my backup loader worked fine before bricked...as well as dvdx installed...so i thought it would run backup disc huh...but i dunno not working at the moment..

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
LEOMODE said:
wiipower, i just did the autoboot patch and 249 patch onto the zelda iso and doesnt work ;;

i guess its just not reading the backup disc at all since its not modded
frown.gif

well my backup loader worked fine before bricked...as well as dvdx installed...so i thought it would run backup disc huh...but i dunno not working at the moment..

I said 10% chance, if i were you, i would wait if flatmii is as good as announced. With this you wouldn't need to solder on your wii, that's why i would prefer it over every modchip, just plug it into as drive and you are good.

I'm sorry i couldn't help you

LEOMODE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
no problem i really appreciate your ideas
smile.gif

well i have mario galaxy but in my cousin's house, so i'll tell him to ship it to me and i'll go on from there

if galaxy doesnt even work, then i guess i need to try 3.3 or more update disc or at worst like qleap said

getting a mod chip :X

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy