Majorami

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or better question, anyone know how much they buy back Wii units?

i simply must play Skyward Sword, but don't own a Wii, and have no interest in keeping one after I buy one.

I just wanna know the cheapest way to get my hands on a Wii for a week or three, and then sell it once I'm done with the game.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To be honest, a little trick I learnt was to buy it from a 2nd hand shop, do what you gotta do and then when your done just say there was a problem with the console reading disks, they wont check it and will just give you a refund.

I used to do it with games alot, saying the game just came up with a error after a while of playing, they never argued

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You'd probably get more selling it on eBay or craigslist or something like that. (And you could probably get one cheaper than at retail from those sites as well - possibly even sell it again at about the same price)

EDIT: In my opinion, what yusuo suggested above is quite a jerk move. There's no need to cheat people out of money. If you buy something off someone, you agree to pay for it. What you do after that is up to you, but you have no right to return it and lie about it's functionality in order to get back the money.

Reactions: 1 person

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If your PC is good enough, you can turn it into a Wii pretty cheap.

You just need a Wii Remote, Wii Motion Plus, Nunchuck, two candles, and Dolphin Emulator and you're set.

I know a few people doing that just to play Zelda.

Majorami

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'd probably get more selling it on eBay or craigslist or something like that. (And you could probably get one cheaper than at retail from those sites as well - possibly even sell it again at about the same price)

EDIT: In my opinion, what yusuo suggested above is quite a jerk move. There's no need to cheat people out of money. If you buy something off someone, you agree to pay for it. What you do after that is up to you, but you have no right to return it and lie about it's functionality in order to get back the money.
I would get more on ebay, but dont wanna bother with the hassle of it. I.E. opening a check account, making a paypal, making an ebay, linking them to my bank account, getting an appropriate box, shipping that box. etc...

And those 2nd hand shops are just as jerky. You can buy a game for $60, sell it back to them 3 weeks later (and in pristine condition with case and book) and they'll maybe offer you $10-$15, $20 if lucky, then sell that used copy for just $3-$5 below the New copy prices. 10 days ago when I bought my 2nd 3DS, I sold back some PSP games that they bought back for as little as 16 and 33 cents. Mind you these PSP games came with a PSP bundle I got off ebay so I didn't care, but still, a game with book and case thats barely worth 3 measly nickles is pretty ridiculous.

I don't have any guilt if I were to use a Gamestop like that mentioned above to my benefit. To be honest the idea was already floating in my head pre-creating the topic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm