Anyone know how to fix weird CSEQ2midi errors?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by ultramario1998, Jul 31, 2016.

  1. ultramario1998
    OP

    ultramario1998 no woof tipsic

    Member
    389
    291
    May 7, 2014
    United States
    Not Here
    Currently trying to rip ACNL's sequenced files to midi. However, when I do
    Code:
    cseq2midi.exe *.cseq
    it stops at a specific file and refuses to go on unless I kill the program and remove the file. When I look at the log, I find a ton of 'WARNING: Unknown Command" errors right before stopping, and indeed, littered throughout the log file.

    Additionally, the files that it tends to stop at are larger and have multiple tracks, which I assume means they're KK files (which I'm trying to specifically mess with)

    I'm worried about the integrity of this rip, but there are no help pages/documentation. Is there anyone that can help?
     
    Last edited by ultramario1998, Jul 31, 2016
  2. KoopaStarRpad

    KoopaStarRpad Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    86
    8
    Apr 27, 2015
    Zimbabwe
    Oh, look, someone else is also interested in playing ACNL MIDIs–
    So well, I've converted every cseq to a mid some months ago, but don't have any type of "sound font" to make them sound even remotely normal…
    Maybe, if you have one, couldn't we just trade your soundfont with my mids (By PM or something) and call it a day? Or do you want to get them yourself?
    If so, I'd have to take a look at what I used at my computer, I think there was some newer, fancy tool that made cseq2midi obsolete for me, or I used it differently.

    I remember I had to drag the cseq files into cseq2midi in smaller brackets of ~100, not all at once, and even then it skipped over some cseqs and I had to drag them there seperately to have the program respond to those cseqs, it was such a chore. Maybe your problem is that you drag too much cseqs in the program at once?
    Or do you use cseq2midi in an entirely different way?
     
  3. ultramario1998
    OP

    ultramario1998 no woof tipsic

    Member
    389
    291
    May 7, 2014
    United States
    Not Here
    I literally told it to 'parse every file with a .cseq extension' via command line, and had some weird crashing going on at times--dragging the affected files on individually doesn't seem to help. Maybe I'm using an outdated version?
    I wish I had one. From the very little I've seen, however, I THINK the soundfont is stored as bcwav files within the same GardenSound.bcsar file. (example) It'd be totally possible to make, say, a vst plugin using those files and something like this.
     
  4. KoopaStarRpad

    KoopaStarRpad Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    86
    8
    Apr 27, 2015
    Zimbabwe
    Regarding the Soundfont:
    Yeah, I have tried to create a soundfont, but I couldn't figure it out and it didn't bother me enough to continue researching.
    I have all bcwavs converted into wavs, but what should I do with them?
    I really don't have any idea how to create a working sf2.

    Regarding MIDIs:
    Weird. I just drag the cseq files onto the program, like, the simplest drag and drop conversion ever:
    File -> cseq2midi.exe in the directory -> .mid file located in the same folder where the .cseq was

    Don't know if I can link cseq2midi here, and how, don't like MEGA too much since the justified download limit-thingy.
     
  5. Thelostrune

    Thelostrune GBAtemp Advanced Fan

    Member
    545
    128
    Aug 13, 2015
    Norway
    Viena.
     
  6. ultramario1998
    OP

    ultramario1998 no woof tipsic

    Member
    389
    291
    May 7, 2014
    United States
    Not Here
    Okay. After about two hours of manually combing through the sound files, I believe I've found and copied all KK-relevant soundfont files. (why does Windows Explorer HATE hex? Why??)

    Now to see how Viena works
     
  7. KoopaStarRpad

    KoopaStarRpad Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    86
    8
    Apr 27, 2015
    Zimbabwe
    Neat! But how did you find the respective files? They don't have "human" file names, at least mine do not.
    Example: 0x1A9AC0
    But: When I open GardenSound.bcsar in iHEX (OS X Editor), I see filenames. They also seem to be in the same order–
    though I don't think you can rename every .bcwav with the names in the .bcsar.

    I wish I could distinguish the files…
     
  8. andibad

    andibad Soon™

    Member
    701
    90
    Sep 14, 2009
    Indonesia
    hospital
    iirc cseq2mid created by soneek is not support all command, so not all cseq file converted correctly to midi. you can use this for rebuilding bank files into soundbank but still need manual work on it. you need modified generated script and used SF2Comp to compile that script into sf2 sound bank.
     
  9. ultramario1998
    OP

    ultramario1998 no woof tipsic

    Member
    389
    291
    May 7, 2014
    United States
    Not Here
    I went through all the files manually and listened to each one. Not too fun.
    Thanks, I'll keep this in mind
     
  10. ultramario1998
    OP

    ultramario1998 no woof tipsic

    Member
    389
    291
    May 7, 2014
    United States
    Not Here
    Hmm. Looking at the midi files, they appear to be pretty much boned by the conversion. (they appear to be playing four times faster than they should, and I suspect that several midi events are gone)

    I'll keep trying stuff, but I fear this is over my head.

    EDIT: ohohoho I think I found something. the csar file within the GardenSound archive (which I opened with this) contains a bunch of cseq's and cbnk's (soundfonts). Still no closer to getting anything to work, but I think this is worth looking into.

    EDIT EDIT: yup, this should solve a lot of problems. thanks, @andibad and soneek
     
    Last edited by ultramario1998, Aug 1, 2016